Thread: Hair!

Arrow Hair!

The following is an informative interview about the new odorless, lotion version of the trusted product topical Spironolactone (2-5%). It is also a great read for anyone seeking enlightenment on the topic of hair preservation.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article157.htm
    Gold

squatdaddy is offline Associate Member
    thanks... any hairloss talk is good to know for us whose vanity is tied to their hair...
    keep 'um coming!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Very good read!
    It's like topical Duta, but since it isn't systemic, you're not really taking a drug at all. Nice.

M.

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    I've posted this ad infinitum. Topical spiro DOES have systemic effects. I have the before and after blood tests to prove it. It dramatically lowers testosterone and increases estradiol.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU
    I've posted this ad infinitum. Topical spiro DOES have systemic effects. I have the before and after blood tests to prove it. It dramatically lowers testosterone and increases estradiol.
    I'm not saying you don't have tests that show sides, but spiro doesn't survive long enough in the system to cause them, it metabolizes too quickly. And there's an abundance of research to prove that, just run some searches.

So your independent sides must have come from something else!

M.

Monte Brogan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU
    FlyByU, I would be interested in hearing more about this. My gyno flared up after about a week of topical spiro application, so I would be interested in hearing your experience.

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Brogan
    FlyByU, I would be interested in hearing more about this. My gyno flared up after about a week of topical spiro application, so I would be interested in hearing your experience.
    What are you going to do for your gyno bro? You could use letro for your gyno.

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    I'm not saying you don't have tests that show sides, but spiro doesn't survive long enough in the system to cause them, it metabolizes too quickly. And there's an abundance of research to prove that, just run some searches.

So your independent sides must have come from something else!

M.
    Not true. I even have the email correspondence between me and Dr Lee, which I posted on Meso under the Men's health category. Dr Lee conceded to me in that email that topical spiro may well have systemic effects. The fact is that not enough research has been done on the hormonal consequences of topically applied spiro. I am aware of the studies which found no spironolactone to have no systemic effects when applied topically, however, all topical spironolactone products are not made equal. Spironolactone itself is very lipophilic and easily transported through the stratum corneum with the right delivery system. This is particulary the case when applied to the scalp.
    I can't comment on other topical spiro preparations, only Dr Lee's 2% spiro solution, which is readily penetratable through the scalp and into the systemic circulation. Incidently, a friend of mine carrried out the same experiment with much the same results. After 5 days of application (morning and night) he noticed a dramatic drop in testosterone and a significant rise in estradiol. I challenge any doubters to carry out this experiment.

Thread Information