Thread: Femera

stumpy29 is offline Associate Member

Femera

I see where femera raises your test levels by lots. I just finished pct with nolva and clomid. Would it be ok to run the femera now to make sure that my natural test levels are back to where they should be? I plan on starting back up on a cycle in June. Will femera mess with my receptors in any kind of way?

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Letro doesn't increase test levels, it just lowers estrogen levels.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy29
    I see where femera raises your test levels by lots. I just finished pct with nolva and clomid. Would it be ok to run the femera now to make sure that my natural test levels are back to where they should be? I plan on starting back up on a cycle in June. Will femera mess with my receptors in any kind of way?
    This isnt good idea. Femera (Letro) will raise serum levels of LH/FSH, but only slightly. Its primary reason for use it to lower estrogen levels. Its not a good compound for PCT IMO as an estrogen rebound can occur as its so effective at lowering estrogen levels (98%).

If your worried about your natural testosterone levels get some bloodwork done or run a small dose of Nolva 10-20mg/ED for 2-3 weeks. Or Clomid 50mg/ED for 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Letro doesn't increase test levels, it just lowers estrogen levels.
    Not testosterone levels directly. It will raise LH/FSH, slightly. Then in turn testosterone .

IronAdam is offline Member
    According to a recent article in MD it does raise testosterone substantially...

From Muscular Development Feb. 2006

"Subjects were given 2.5mg/day pf femera for 28 days and retested (T and GnRH). The aromatase inhibitor produced "a remarkable and comparable elevation" of both GnRH and T in both groups. Letrozole increased LH and T 339% and 146% respectively in the younger group; and 323% and 99% in the older group. Letrozole can also reduce E levels by 46% in young men, and 62% in older subjects."

"The degree of T elevation experienced by the younger and older men was quite pronounced. In fact, both groups ended up with T levels at or above the upper limit of normal for young men. This would suggest that suppressing aromatase could allow a steroid free bodybuilder to experience "natural" supraphysiologic testosterone levels . The would be equivalent to recieving 250 to 300mg of testosterone enanthate per week."*

* - Journal of Endocrinol Metabolism, 2005;90:5717-22

stumpy29 is offline Associate Member
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    According to a recent article in MD it does raise testosterone substantially...

From Muscular Development Feb. 2006

"Subjects were given 2.5mg/day pf femera for 28 days and retested (T and GnRH). The aromatase inhibitor produced "a remarkable and comparable elevation" of both GnRH and T in both groups. Letrozole increased LH and T 339% and 146% respectively in the younger group; and 323% and 99% in the older group. Letrozole can also reduce E levels by 46% in young men, and 62% in older subjects."

"The degree of T elevation experienced by the younger and older men was quite pronounced. In fact, both groups ended up with T levels at or above the upper limit of normal for young men. This would suggest that suppressing aromatase could allow a steroid free bodybuilder to experience "natural" supraphysiologic testosterone levels . The would be equivalent to recieving 250 to 300mg of testosterone enanthate per week."*

* - Journal of Endocrinol Metabolism, 2005;90:5717-22
    Intresting. Thanks.

Another intresting point in the article is that T levels remained elevated for over 14 days after stopping the letro therapy, even though letro has a half life of about two days.

Also I should state that low estrogen levels can lead to low bone density and osteoperosis...so extended or excessive use of aromatase inhibitors isn't very wise. Adding hCG to the letrozole therapy post cycle would be best as hCG raises estrogen levels even while restoring testosterone production.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    Another intresting point in the article is that T levels remained elevated for over 14 days after stopping the letro therapy, even though letro has a half life of about two days.

Also I should state that low estrogen levels can lead to low bone density and osteoperosis...so extended or excessive use of aromatase inhibitors isn't very wise. Adding hCG to the letrozole therapy post cycle would be best as hCG raises estrogen levels even while restoring testosterone production.
    Nolva should also be introduced with HCG 's use IMO. It will prevent the suppression of ganadotropins that HCG's use may bring.

IMO for a good PCT protocol Letro wouldnt be included. Its almost to good at reducing estrogen levels. It also doesnt work well with Nolva, as Nolva will redcuce the concentrations of Letro in the blood.

HCG/Nolva and an AI. Aromasin /Proviron are more prefferred than Letro/Arimidex as using a 3rd generation AI with Nolva isnt optimal.

I think letro may be useful for those who have trouble with post cycle related side effects caused by an elevation in estrogen levels, namely acne. Like many others here I usually have no side effects while on a cycle, but as soon as PCT with nolva/clomid begins I get acne like a m'fer, presumably from the increase in estrogen. I have yet to try this out, but I'm considering a small dose of letro with my next PCT to see if it will minimize the acne.

Thread Information