Thread: Body Fat %

THE PEOPLES CHAMP is offline New Member

Question Body Fat %

How low should ones body fat be before starting a First cycle?

under 12%

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    there is no definitive amount, but the lower the better. bodyfat is where aromitization occurs, so the less bodyfat you have, the less opportunity your gear has to aromatize.

Rookie1974 is offline Associate Member
    Bump

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i would say at least 15% or lower....................imo.....

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

keith hackney is offline Associate Member
    15% or lower.

Kappa Capo is offline Associate Member
    15% is a good start.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    12-15% is a good range

fanatic is offline Member
    It all depends on your goals and motivation for using gear. If youre a heavyweight powerlifter, for example, your bf% really wouldnt make much of a difference.

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    15 to me seems extremely high, obviously a lot of powerlifters in here rather than body builders. If your looking to be really cut i would say MAXIMUM 10%.

A lot of small guys get hit on for juicing when they are sub 150ish and are told they can build more naturally before roids. Why dont guys over 15% body fat also get hit on for needing to watch their diet first and drop some pounds before starting? Two sides to this knife. Yes I am a skinny abercrombie looking kid just so its clear where im coming from.

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    I try to be in the low teens when i start but thats based off my personal goals. My ideal bodyfat when cut is around 10% which is much higher than a lot of other people would probably want but i'm not looking to be that 4% bodyfat guy.

suckysucky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot
    15 to me seems extremely high, obviously a lot of powerlifters in here rather than body builders. If your looking to be really cut i would say MAXIMUM 10%.

A lot of small guys get hit on for juicing when they are sub 150ish and are told they can build more naturally before roids. Why dont guys over 15% body fat also get hit on for needing to watch their diet first and drop some pounds before starting? Two sides to this knife. Yes I am a skinny abercrombie looking kid just so its clear where im coming from.
    cause some guys dont care what that they have a little extra weight on them. They like looking "thick" and i am one of them. The bigger the better. I would hate to be skinny. As for what girls want, they like being with a big man so they feel secure. XXL !

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member
    Question: Can someone explain to a rookie what BF has to do with gear? Is one likely to gain or lose body fat? (probably depends on what type of gear, right?) Will one experience better results with a lower or higher BF?

As an ASIDE: I tend to agree with Purple on this. Lots of guys 200lb+ weak as shit, wearing 20% + BF around the old gut. On the other hand, I'm willing to hang a little BF to put on more muscle mass but then it's gotta go. Person preference I suppose. I do think Strength should be measured in terms of body weight percentage. For example, who cares if you can bench 300lb if you weigh 250lb? 500lb bench at 250 is impressive. Another example, 17 inch arms on a guy with 34 inch waste look small and probably aren't cut but 17 inch arms on a guy with a 29 inch waist look good and are probably stronger...Disagree with Sucky. Unfortunately, the media defines standards of attraction and the power lifter look isn't in; so don't do it for the girls....sorry to ramble.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOKITSC
    Question: Can someone explain to a rookie what BF has to do with gear? Is one likely to gain or lose body fat? (probably depends on what type of gear, right?) Will one experience better results with a lower or higher BF?

As an ASIDE: I tend to agree with Purple on this. Lots of guys 200lb+ weak as shit, wearing 20% + BF around the old gut. On the other hand, I'm willing to hang a little BF to put on more muscle mass but then it's gotta go. Person preference I suppose. I do think Strength should be measured in terms of body weight percentage. For example, who cares if you can bench 300lb if you weigh 250lb? 500lb bench at 250 is impressive. Another example, 17 inch arms on a guy with 34 inch waste look small and probably aren't cut but 17 inch arms on a guy with a 29 inch waist look good and are probably stronger...Disagree with Sucky. Unfortunately, the media defines standards of attraction and the power lifter look isn't in; so don't do it for the girls....sorry to ramble.

Thanks
    strength should be measured in weight on the bar, no matter how much you weigh. To look at guy benching 405 and saying to yourself "well thats cause he bigger then me" is a lame excuse.

primetime1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suckysucky
    cause some guys dont care what that they have a little extra weight on them. They like looking "thick" and i am one of them. The bigger the better. I would hate to be skinny. As for what girls want, they like being with a big man so they feel secure. XXL !
    man im with you on this one, id hate to be the skinny hardgainer type but to each his own, i think its goal orientated as to how low the bf should be before starting. and since alot of these bros are younger and newer, they are dealin with young girls, which may like the skinny dudes but alot of older women like a dude with a nice physique with out being shredded, you know around that 12-15% range cuz they like security.. or something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by primetime1
    man im with you on this one, id hate to be the skinny hardgainer type but to each his own, i think its goal orientated as to how low the bf should be before starting. and since alot of these bros are younger and newer, they are dealin with young girls, which may like the skinny dudes but alot of older women like a dude with a nice physique with out being shredded, you know around that 12-15% range cuz they like security.. or something like that..
    ha it must be a jersey thing bro, me and you will have all the jersey girls hanging off our massive bodies down the shore.

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member
    405lb is heavy at any weight..touche. Still, body weight is important that's why powerlifting has weight classes

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    I would say 10% or less! At least I like to be at 8% body fat.

primetime1 is offline Member
    my man sucky frm the dirty also.. didnt see that earlier bro.. hopefully as you said things wil lbe cool for me down the shore this summer!!! the girls down there love our types!!

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    I live in california, i dont know if location really has anything to do with it but when girls see huge guys out here they will say "damn look how big he is he looks like a horse" and the guy will continue to walk around with a hardass look on his face, alone.

im 180 at 7% looking to hit 5% for summer. Why dont you strive to be 250lbs or however big you guys happen to be while under 10%? then people can actually see your muscles, i know there are there.... somewhere.

grasshoppa is offline New Member
    oops
    Last edited by grasshoppa; 03-31-2006 at 09:45 PM.

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    so true, being thick always gets the females

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot

Most veterans on this site will suggest proper diet and exercise for ppl with high BF% before suggesting a cycle. No matter which type of person you may be, the idea is to get your diet in check before you use AAS, it will help you to achieve and keep your goals when you come off. And if you really don't want to listen to the advice you get from this site, then why are you even on here in the first place? You might as well go stick a needle in your @ss and keep your sh*tty diet and training routine if you think that will make you the next Mr. Olympia

clipper is offline Associate Member
    I think it realy depends on your goals. I am with sucky on this one. But that is for me, and only me. I have my goals, you have yours. If you want to be 195 and 4 % go for it. If that is what makes you happy. I dont, it does not fit my goals.
    As for being fat and weak, you can be skinny and weak also. I dont think realy high bf should be even looking at aas. They just need to get to the gym.

So my respons is, what are you goals?

Thread Information