Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lowell34 is offline Junior Member

caps/filler question

Here's what may be a stupid question in the end, but I need to ask it. First, let me start off by making it clear I am not new to the sport. I've been training non-stop for 21 years, I own a gym, I have a masters degree, and I've been cycling AS off and on for 16 years.
    This new craze of "homebrewing" scares and intrigues me at the same time. I love the idea of doing a cycle for $50 instead of $750 but am not crazy about the sterility issue.
    With all of that said, here is my question; When you are planning on capping your own powders, you find all these complicated formulas about dosing and fillers vs. "active" ingredient mg breakdown. I can't help but wonder, does the problem come from trying to get a specific dose? I can see how trying to hit 50mg per capsule could get complicated. But, what if you don't care about a specific mg per capsule?
    If I have 2500mg of an active ingredient and mix it with X amount of a filler, then distribute all the combined powder into the capsules, then count the number of capsules I end up with and divide it by the 2500mg's of active ingredient I started with to see how many mg's ended up in each capsule, would this not work? If I use dbol , for instance, I could end up with 18mg per capsule, but the whole process would be easier with the end result being I would have to take 3 of the 18mg capsules as opposed to one 50mg capsule.
    I could then simply adjust my filler amount by 3X for the next batch to hit closer to the 50mg's, true?
    This just seems to be a much simpler way of doing things on my first go around.
    Are there any flaws in my logic? If so, let me know before I end up sprinkling dbol powder on my frosted flakes every morning.

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    first off let me say that there is a anabolic lab forum where you'd prob get more responses but I'll try to help.
    take the number of tabs you want, call it N.
    find the filler weight. do this by filling up the number of caps you cap machine holds. for me that number is 24. fill up each one and pack as tight as you can. weigh 24 empty caps and then weigh the 24 full caps. take the difference and divide by 24. call that number F
    N * mg/tab = amount of hormone you need. call that H
    F * N - H = adjusted filler. call that f
    fill up a zip lock bag w/ f. add H, shake well. use cap machine and your done.

Thread Information