fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

Heart Problems from Steroid use??? I had an EKG today and doc said it was abnormnal

My doc said my EKG was abnormal, prog: borderline abnormal changes possibly due to myocardial iscemia.

Does anyone know if this can be from the juice? I did 3 cycles: test only, test/deca and test EQ. The doc also said that this abnormality may be because I workout so much -- like an "athletes heart beat". She is sending me to a cardiologist.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    In a short word, steroids can have strange effects on the heart if you are predisposed to any condition.

You most DEFINITELY need to come clean about your steroid use . I hope the cardiologist is able to provide more insight into your condition.

Good luck, and it is better to bite the bullet now before anything happens.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    sounds serious.. bump for people who know more on this subject..

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    Wait a second bro, you already had a heart disease before the juice? If this is so and you are taking juice this is not a very intelligent decision, remember your heart is a muscle. You better come clean when you talk to that cardiologist. The good news is Borderline

P Rock is offline Member
    who said anything about having heart diseas before the juice? I think he is asking if the juice can cause this. Yes juice can have different effects on the heart. i had an episode last summer and it was bought on by the juice. Juice effects your blood pressure and more. if you do a thread search on "Heart" you will see meany members complaining about palpitations, fast beats etc... so yes it can contribute to heart problems, but not everyone wants to accept it.

is this backed up by proof? I am very interested in learning more on this subject..

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i had an irregular EKG about year ago right about the end of a cycle of test/eq/var..i was also running clen and had been on it for about it a week. I went to the dr to get a script for some allergy meds and he was a bit concerned bc my resting heart rate was 116. So he did and EKG and it came back abnormal and indicated an enlarged left ventricle. I ended my cycle right after wards and did PCT. I had another EKG run 9 months later and that was after a cycle of test/tren and everything was normal. I never noticed my heart rate go up like it did when I incorporated the clen. Just as a test, i took clen for about a week several weeks back and my heart rate went sky high again. So I will never take clen again. Thats just my experience and thought i would share. Were you on a cycle when you got the EKG?

i have been reading very negative of effects of clen on the heart.. must be careful..

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    fu(k clen ! I'll stick with diet and cardio to lose fat

MACHI is offline Associate Member

Just a basic bit of logic here but.....

Did you have an ekg done before you took anything at all?? Yes is COULD be from the gear but its unlikely, possible, but not probable. Can you compare any types of tests bp, ekg, resting rate, stress tests etc, from before your juicing to after? Thats the only way to know with any degree of certainty that it was caused by the gear.

To echo the other posts however, if I were you I would divulge everything to the cardiologist when you see him. - and by that i mean give him an excell sheet of your cycle to show duration, dosage, frequency of injects, and types of chemicals used.

Hope everything works out for you bro....

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHI
    Just a basic bit of logic here but.....

Did you have an ekg done before you took anything at all?? Yes is COULD be from the gear but its unlikely, possible, but not probable. Can you compare any types of tests bp, ekg, resting rate, stress tests etc, from before your juicing to after? Thats the only way to know with any degree of certainty that it was caused by the gear.

To echo the other posts however, if I were you I would divulge everything to the cardiologist when you see him. - and by that i mean give him an excell sheet of your cycle to show duration, dosage, frequency of injects, and types of chemicals used.

Hope everything works out for you bro....

Thanks for the input guys. I had an EKG done in August 2004 after my 1st cycle, test only 12 weeks at 500mg week, the EKG was fine. Since then I had bloodwork done after my test/deca cycle but no EKG.

I just went back for bloodwork today because I finished my test 750mg/EQ 500mg 16 week cycle (3rd cycle that I did), 2 months ago. I figured I should get an EKG just to check things out. Now I will always get an EKG AND BLOODWORK done before each cycle. I did not tell trhe doc I waas on juice, mainly because I am not close to the doc and in the city there is always someone new and I do not want that going on my medical record. I think I have to tell the cardiologist -- I'll ask him to keep it off of the med record.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    clen is worse for your heart than juice. Unless you did many long cycles of non-aromatizing androgens and orals, then whatever blockages you have would have been there anyway. if its just irregular heart beat, this could be clen related, or even CAFFEIN related. PPl forget how bad caffien can be for them. Are you a coffee drinker? STOP.
    Irregular heartbeats are also cause by fluctuating fluid levels, something the juice can bring on.
    If the juice your on(if your on now at all) has either made you gain alot of water, or lose alot of water, your gonna have electrolite disturbances.

If they said you had an "athletes heart beat" then its probably from the workin out and may not be a bad thing at all.

Let us knnow how it goes.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P Rock
    who said anything about having heart diseas before the juice? I think he is asking if the juice can cause this. Yes juice can have different effects on the heart. i had an episode last summer and it was bought on by the juice. Juice effects your blood pressure and more. if you do a thread search on "Heart" you will see meany members complaining about palpitations, fast beats etc... so yes it can contribute to heart problems, but not everyone wants to accept it.
    With this I gotta agree..

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I always seem to have crazy heart issues while on a cycle. Fast heart beats, palipitations, etc. I have had several EKG's and stress tests (even wore a monitor for 24 hours) and everything is perfect. It seems like it happens at the beginning of my cycles and when I'm coming off. Freaks me out!!!

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    The only Doctors worth listening to are the Cardio Doc's.
    Last edited by Ufa; 05-05-2006 at 08:15 AM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    same thing happened to me bro... they sent me for a full stress test.. worst day of my life.. until they did the test..

Ultra sound/ekg during the test... strong as an ox.. no issues.. the ekg's in the doc office just isn't the same quality as the hospital..

good luck though
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    If you think stress tests are bad; try an angiogram!

Thread Information