jayheero is offline Banned

im on hydrochlorthiazide bp medication

im on bp meds hydrocholorthiazide it is good for bp along with altace 20mg im on dbol right now and sus . the question i have is i heard hydrochlorthiazide is a diuretic will that effect my bloat and gains from dbol just wondering thanks.

themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    probably will. It's a diurectic. Try to find out wether or not it is a "potassium sparing" diurectic.

i think it is and doenst spare pottasium so that means the dbol is not being used at all. help anyone

but someone told me that after a couple of weeks that hydrochorothiazide stops working as a diuretic help maybe that is why my gains have been shitty.

i just checked and it increase salt pottasium output so it gets rid of salt and water rentention is that the reason i have no gains yet off dbol oh my god i think i got burned some doctor or guru on this board help will hydrochlorthiazide decrease my gains or strenght or not make dbol work at all help. any vet in da house i will be grateful.

help

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I think it might effect them a little. Water retention has its benefits but, your BP is more important. Dbol doesnt just help you grow muscle from strictly the amount of water it allows you to retain. It also increases protein synthesis etc so I am sure you will still gain.

SO IT WONT really effect my gains your saying i notice strength increases are not that much is there anyone else who knows anything about bp medication hydrochlorthiazide i heard it stops working as a diuretic eventually after a couple of weeks. will it effect injectables as well such as sus 250 too. damn i hate this bp medication it is called hydrochlorthiazide.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    How do you know it effects injectables?

I am not a doctor but, I dont think it will greatly reduce your gains.

im just wondering and asking you if you knew but thanks i wish there was a doctor here anyways thanks.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    I'm not a doc but have high BP also.Isnt what you're taking called benicar?Skull is right it wont affect your gains...It never did mine.i'm on benicar and tarka both BP and diuretics and thank god for them.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jayheero
    im just wondering and asking you if you knew but thanks i wish there was a doctor here anyways thanks.
    HCTZ is a diuretic that will not spare potassium, so you will want a supp. HCTZ is a mild diuretic unless you are taking high dose of it. If you are taking 50mg or less, then your gains will not be affected that much, maybe just a little bit. I take HCTZ at 50mg a day along with 20mg of enalapril everyday, and have also done dbol at the same time with nice results(great strength gains and putting on wieght). Just remember to use a potassium supp otherwise you will start developing pretty severe muscle cramps with the HCTZ and dbol.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickster#1
    HCTZ is a diuretic that will not spare potassium, so you will want a supp. HCTZ is a mild diuretic unless you are taking high dose of it. If you are taking 50mg or less, then your gains will not be affected that much, maybe just a little bit. I take HCTZ at 50mg a day along with 20mg of enalapril everyday, and have also done dbol at the same time with nice results(great strength gains and putting on wieght). Just remember to use a potassium supp otherwise you will start developing pretty severe muscle cramps with the HCTZ and dbol.
    By the way, Im not a doctor, but work in the medical field as a certfied medical assistant/lab tech. Most of our patients are chronic care, HTN, diabetes, COPD, etc.

Thread Information