BulkinUP is offline New Member

Bodybuilding and the corporate life

Any guys here who have managed to compete and hold down corporate jobs?
    Just curious as to how you all manage to juggle both. Having trouble balancing and dieting and contest prep. Also what the f*&^k is up with pants? Had to go buy a size 40 just to have my quads fit into dress pants from Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. Waist has to be taken in over six inches just to have the legs fit.

Also what reactions do you get at work to your bodybuilding endeavors.
    My boss is cool with it and always asks about training and workouts.
    Although he does say that I intimidate the shit out of my staff.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    well im no where near the competing level of bodybuilding but i i do workout pretty hard.

about 3 weeks ago i starting my bulking diet and i bring my food all prepared to work now as before i at out all the time (healthy but ate out) co-workers are like wow your on a diet for what? you should see the look on these peoples faces when i say no im trying to gain weight....

they flip out its great..."most people are trying to loose weight and your trying to gain" i love it!

especially now they se me in the kitchen ever 2 hours with more food in my hand and wonder why i dont i weigh 400lbs...

the struggle of holding a corp job w/ a lot of traveling which is what i do is that much harder man....i feel you pains!

Baba is offline Associate Member
    Well I don't work in a corporate setting by any means but when I tell people I'm going on a diet at work they chuckle. They admire the fact that I'm big and workout hard but its like they think going to the gym religiously is lame and weird. When they ask what I did on my day off and I say I went to the gym they are like "you didn't get drunk?" so for me its a struggle because they don't understand its a lifestyle for me.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BulkinUP
    Any guys here who have managed to compete and hold down corporate jobs?
    Just curious as to how you all manage to juggle both. Having trouble balancing and dieting and contest prep. Also what the f*&^k is up with pants? Had to go buy a size 40 just to have my quads fit into dress pants from Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. Waist has to be taken in over six inches just to have the legs fit.

Also what reactions do you get at work to your bodybuilding endeavors.
    My boss is cool with it and always asks about training and workouts.
    Although he does say that I intimidate the shit out of my staff.
    This question is lounge material.

I work in a corporate environment and compete. My work suffered very much during contest prep. Either it was the cutting gear or lack of food but I got very forgetful and would miss a lot of details. They knew I was competing and were a bit understanding.

As far as reaction from others. I've gotten negative comments from some people and stares in the cafeteria. Some guy I don't know walked up saying "Hey juice bag, how much do steroids go for these days."
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E

I work in a corporate environment and compete. My work suffered very much during contest prep. Either it was the cutting gear or lack of food but I got very forgetful and would miss a lot of details. They knew I was competing and were a bit understanding.

As far as reaction from others. I've gotten negative comments from some people and stares in the cafeteria. Some guy I don't know walked up saying "Hey juice bag, how much do steroids go for these days."
    i remember u talkin about that...you ever say anything to anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    i remember u talkin about that...you ever say anything to anyone...
    I started giving him the evil eye. Hasn't spoken to me since.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty

Thank God, so it's not just me? I'm so off right now it's not even funny. I just figured I had gotten hit in the head too many times.

1buffsob

This needs to go to the lounge.

juicetexas is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baba
    Well I don't work in a corporate setting by any means but when I tell people I'm going on a diet at work they chuckle. They admire the fact that I'm big and workout hard but its like they think going to the gym religiously is lame and weird. When they ask what I did on my day off and I say I went to the gym they are like "you didn't get drunk?" so for me its a struggle because they don't understand its a lifestyle for me.
    Obsessed is a lazy persons word for deticated!!!

BulkinUP is offline New Member

Bodybuilding and the corporate life

Funny how my corporate colleagues will comment on my numerous feedings during the day to microwave chicken, brown rice and veggies...but think nothing of grabbing a second or third donut with their coffee? Or when I'm in a meeting with my protein shakes vs. a diet soda?

I've gotten used to the comments and when they come running to me after the holidays with requests for diets and ways to lose 20 pounds.

What I haven't gotten used to is balancing the demands of competing with work. Definitely lose some of my edge when dieting. Anyone else in the corporate world balancing bodybuilding lifestyle and demands of work?

Also I'm sure there have been rants about pants... but what the f*&^k is it with clothes manufacturers... haven't they gotten the message that Americans have gotten bigger? Why are pants and jackets cut so narrow? Spending a fortune on custom stuff.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    I work in a corporate environment. The fact is, men and women have no control over their bodies and food intake. I actually feel sorry and look down on THEM the way they look in pants that are too tight, the way they parade around with fast food or sit at their desks and eat some "lean" garbage they think is "good for them". It is really pathetic the way people just let it fall apart. As a person bodybuilding in this world, I enjoy doing the right thing and setting the example.

Jealousy knows no age limit!

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSentinal
    I work in a corporate environment. The fact is, men and women have no control over their bodies and food intake. I actually feel sorry and look down on THEM the way they look in pants that are too tight, the way they parade around with fast food or sit at their desks and eat some "lean" garbage they think is "good for them". It is really pathetic the way people just let it fall apart. As a person bodybuilding in this world, I enjoy doing the right thing and setting the example.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. People make comments about my huge bucket of whey protein by my desk and my flax seed oil in the kitchen fridge. MEanwhile they are jamming their faces with pizza/fast food and cake from someone's birthday.

Carlos - that would piss me off if some asshole said that! I give you props for holding it together. You would only make that guys day if you did anything to him....the MF'er!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    It's alittle hard. Bulking is hard, because I'm always trying to sneek in extra food, so I'll be on the phone with a client, and eating a chicken breast, or protien bar. My desk is always messy from food wrappers and such.

Cutting is just as hard, because I get very lethargic from the lack of food, and all the cardio. Plus my temper can be very short, I've accidently been pretty rude to colleges or clients.

I used to share an office and my office mate complained to our manager that I eat all of the time. Umm ... why is it any of his business when and what I eat? My coworker is 6'2", 175. He is so damn skinny. He told me I eat more in 1 day that what he eats in a week. Anyway, he complained so much they moved me to a double office to myself. Now he complains that my office is bigger than his.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    i hear you about the "please make me a diet" thing...i had 3 of the lets say not so healthy women knockin down my door for a diet plan when they saw what i was eating and how often...so me being the nice guy did it for one and they all wanted it...look i give props to those who really want to make a change and live a healthier life style, i applaud that. but dont ask me to work on that diet for you then i see you 2 days later scarfing down a "Pan con Bistec" for my none spanish speaking folks...thats a steak sandwich which is fried and placed on mayo soaked cuban bread with fried potato strings...damn good it is sure (havent had one in over 3 years) - but dont waist my f'n time....

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I used to share an office and my office mate complained to our manager that I eat all of the time. Umm ... why is it any of his business when and what I eat? My coworker is 6'2", 175. He is so damn skinny. He told me I eat more in 1 day that what he eats in a week. Anyway, he complained so much they moved me to a double office to myself. Now he complains that my office is bigger than his.
    You would think your coworker would be asking you for advice on how to put on weight and workout. Or at least that is what I would do if I was in his shoes. He must be a stick @ 175lbs. I basically just have all fat people at my place, no skinny people.

gabriel595 is offline Associate Member
    "Hey juice bag, how much do steroids go for these days."
    man i don't know how you managed to control yourself after that, i would have put that guy into pieces and give them to my dog for supper.

gabriel595 is offline Associate Member
    not trying to hijack but carlos e you've got great shoulder roundness and size how do you work them? PM me please

Thread Information