Ratlady is offline New Member

Question long-term test suppression?

Hi. After many years of training, my husband & I did a couple of years enhanced by anabolics: we got fantastic gains in strength & size, & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

It's around 3 years since we stopped; my husband's 49 now, & has been suffering from an insidious depression for around the last 2 years. He's become lazy & apathetic, his sex drive has dropped, & he's started turning on me with horrendous rages & then blaming me for everything.

He's not the man he used to be!

It's definitely depression, there's nothing physical wrong with him, & his life really is very good. So I was wondering whether steroids can cause a long-term/permanent lowering of testosterone levels ? I know all the short-term stuff - the future always looks so far off though doesn't it? you never bother reading up on that. But if the couple of years on various combinations of Suss, Deca , Enanthate , Dianabol , Restandol, & probably others I've forgotten about could have 'partly shut down' his testosterone production, that could explain his depression.

We didn't do heavy courses, & we didn't do it for too long - I'm just looking for possible causes of the way he's behaving: the long-term effects of steroids seemed worth considering.

I've been left with a deepened voice, unsurprisingly, & some mega photos. Plus, when all the mass evaporated from my lovely muscles, one certain part of me saw fit to retain its increased size..........

Didn't I tell you his life was good?!

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    your damn right they can and will...did he do pct afetr any of the cycles????

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Have him go to the doc and get his test leval's checked that seem's to me to be your best bet!!

If his test leval's are low they can start him on hrt!!

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    It really doesnt matter if they were long or short ...his hpta system is suppressed and he should have done pct and let his body go back to normal before doing anything else.As far you hun....Dont know what to say...what kind of stuff did you do????

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    I take it you are enjoying the side effect that your left with.

Hope so cause I don't believe that is reversabal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    he should have done pct and let his body go back to normal before doing anything else.
    He used nolvadex , tamoxifen & HCG at all the right times. I just wondered with him using suss, restandol etc in his late 40s if he might have affected the levels of his test production. Maybe it's just recovering VERRRRRY slowly...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    As for you hun...Dont know what to say...what kind of stuff did you do???
    Women are a bit limited: deca & dianabol , both in girly quantities - fair results; then deca & stanozolol (tabs) - have to admit, pretty good results on this, with seemingly few side effects. I think the first course of dianabol gave me most of my side effects. I always wanted to try anavar but we couldn't find any.

The deep voice is a bit of a pain, but what happened down below ain't so bad . There aren't many wives who can threaten to take their husband from behind....... and mean it!!

....Hmm: maybe that's what's wrong with him........?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Rat - If you got virilization like you're saying, you were doing a little bit more than "girly" amounts. You didn't do your research before doing AAS, that's obvious. Women DO NOT take dbol AT ALL, in any amount. That shows your imcompetence when putting that in your mouth. Especially for a grown adult that should have the ability to research powerful male hormones and how they effect women.

Do you have more facial hair as well?

Your husband is in his early to mid 50's? He's aging and yes, his test levels are probably low. Caused by the AAS in his late 40s? Maybe, maybe not? But being on HRT at this age is pretty common place for guys concerned about their health and well being. test and HGH would be the best advice for him. He would feel like a million bucks in a few months and he would get healthier, look and feel younger.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 06-13-2006 at 01:17 PM.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratlady
    There aren't many wives who can threaten to take their husband from behind.......

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Ratlady and husband seem to have a decent knowledge of gear and PCT. She also seems to have a good understanding of the side effects of gear. Unless I just missed it, I did not see any mention of a blood test for her husband? It strikes me as odd, that her husband has not been tested.

Vial is offline Associate Member
    The best advice would be to see a doctor. Rather have some blood test done and let the doctor decide the best course of action to take. Remember Doctors are there to help even if the problems are embarrassing it stays confidential.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    He used nolvadex , tamoxifen & HCG at all the right times. I just wondered with him using suss, restandol etc in his late 40s if he might have affected the levels of his test production. Maybe it's just recovering VERRRRRY slowly...?

Women are a bit limited: deca & dianabol , both in girly quantities - fair results; then deca & stanozolol (tabs) - have to admit, pretty good results on this, with seemingly few side effects. I think the first course of dianabol gave me most of my side effects. I always wanted to try anavar but we couldn't find any.

The deep voice is a bit of a pain, but what happened down below ain't so bad . There aren't many wives who can threaten to take their husband from behind....... and mean it!!

....Hmm: maybe that's what's wrong with him........?
    That is very disturbing. I just spit up my tuna.

1buffsob

Sharky72 is offline Associate Member
    I call B.S. on this whole thread, someones fuking with you boys.Lol

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky72
    I call B.S. on this whole thread, someones fuking with you boys.Lol
    I'm with you Sharky. I smell BS as well....

Last edited by Seattle Junk; 06-13-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Jeez. Some of you are tetchy. I wonder why?

No BS here, Sharky72: it's called humour.

I came on to ask what you all thought about test abuse affecting mood in later years - it was a query, before we started docs & blood tests. Has nobody on this forum asked a general question before?

And yeah yeah yeah, I shouldn't have started dianabol before I researched it. I was given bad advice, boo hoo. I went into it properly after that & I bet I know more about steroids - or anything else - than you do, Mr Seattle Junk, so you can just go f**k yourself right up the arse you're so good at talking out of.

Bloody hell, what a knobhead.

kuad is offline Member
    is that it???

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    this thread has got to be a joke...sounds like you guys are a bunch of hippies that missed the stoner marijuana phase and went right to the sauce jk get that dude a blood test or youll never know..and you cant tell if its from aas or not..were not doctors

good luck to him..and good luck with your newly acquired "penis"

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!

I came on to ask what you all thought about test abuse affecting mood in later years - it was a query, before we started docs & blood tests. Has nobody on this forum asked a general question before?

And yeah yeah yeah, I shouldn't have started dianabol before I researched it. I was given bad advice, boo hoo. I went into it properly after that & I bet I know more about steroids - or anything else - than you do, Mr Seattle Junk, so you can just go f**k yourself right up the arse you're so good at talking out of.
    You just gave yourself a reason to be banned. There is a no flame policy here....And you just broke it. Go read the Rules/Guidelines.

I also call BS on this thread. Complete rubbish.

Don't trip on your 3rd leg as the door hits you in the ass....

Not "her"......

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Please close this thread.

Froggy is offline Member
    Yep, got to go & get those hormone levels tested by a doctor in the know...then, you will have some informed options...

Thread Information