Hi. After many years of training, my husband & I did a couple of years enhanced by anabolics: we got fantastic gains in strength & size, & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

It's around 3 years since we stopped; my husband's 49 now, & has been suffering from an insidious depression for around the last 2 years. He's become lazy & apathetic, his sex drive has dropped, & he's started turning on me with horrendous rages & then blaming me for everything.

He's not the man he used to be!

It's definitely depression, there's nothing physical wrong with him, & his life really is very good. So I was wondering whether steroids can cause a long-term/permanent lowering of testosterone levels ? I know all the short-term stuff - the future always looks so far off though doesn't it? you never bother reading up on that. But if the couple of years on various combinations of Suss, Deca , Enanthate , Dianabol , Restandol, & probably others I've forgotten about could have 'partly shut down' his testosterone production, that could explain his depression.

We didn't do heavy courses, & we didn't do it for too long - I'm just looking for possible causes of the way he's behaving: the long-term effects of steroids seemed worth considering.

I've been left with a deepened voice, unsurprisingly, & some mega photos. Plus, when all the mass evaporated from my lovely muscles, one certain part of me saw fit to retain its increased size..........

Didn't I tell you his life was good?!