briansauras is offline Senior Member

HELP could this be an infection?

2days after injecting into my bicep there is redness about an inch long. It has the same soreness that the rest of my injections have had. The weird thing is, is that when i put heat or a massager on it, it feels better.

Anyone have any ideas besides the whole go to the dr thing? Could it just be the oil still in my arm?

Ive heard of dr's telling patiants to take benedryl @ 50mg ED is there any truth to that?

speak is offline Associate Member
    What are you injecting? First time in bicept? I wouldn't worry about anything after two days. All my injections get red and hurt for days. I've never done a bicept but I hear sometimes they can be painfull. Had a delt a couple of times render my arm useless for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by speak
    What are you injecting? First time in bicept? I wouldn't worry about anything after two days. All my injections get red and hurt for days. I've never done a bicept but I hear sometimes they can be painfull. Had a delt a couple of times render my arm useless for a couple of days.
    75mg prop tren combo. I think its like the 3rd time I have injected into this buy in about 2-3months. First time this cycle though.

The only thing i can think of is, Before I injected, the pin grazzed a spot of my bi right next to the spot i finally desided to poke in. But that whole area was wipped down with an alc pad.....

I also dont have a fever yet though.....knock on wood

speak is offline Associate Member
    I used to always be paranoid and think i was getting an infection, still have never had one. I wouldn't worry about it yet. If you go to the DR, I think they always tell you you have something just so you understand how bad steroids are.

Quote Originally Posted by speak
    I used to always be paranoid and think i was getting an infection, still have never had one. I wouldn't worry about it yet. If you go to the DR, I think they always tell you you have something just so you understand how bad steroids are.
    I would prolly say I used b-12 since I would be going to a walk in clinic....

Ive been massaging it and it feels better for alittle. Just feels like I have oil in that area.....now im worried about abcess..

BTW I felt the pain and like fullness in the muscle saturday night. wouldnt an infectiong take a few days?
    Last edited by briansauras; 07-17-2006 at 09:31 AM.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Bro if your feeling a mushy pocket were you injected I would keep a real close eye on it if you start to get a fever or the site becomes any more painful I would go to the doc asap.

If it is an infection the only two way's to fix it is antibiotics or by having it drained and antibiotic's.the sooner it is caught the better your chance of being able to fix it with just antibiotics.

That being said if you are experinced with giving yourself shots and this one has you this concerned it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and see the doc just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by horse2006
    Bro if your feeling a mushy pocket were you injected I would keep a real close eye on it if you start to get a fever or the site becomes any more painful I would go to the doc asap.

If it is an infection the only two way's to fix it is antibiotics or by having it drained and antibiotic's.the sooner it is caught the better your chance of being able to fix it with just antibiotics.

That being said if you are experinced with giving yourself shots and this one has you this concerned it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and see the doc just to be on the safe side.
    the pain seems to be subsiding..... the redness around the inj site and i used plenty of alc all around the area... I dont know how this could happen....

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member
    keep a very close eye dude.

always better to be safe than sorry just pop to the docs to be on the safe side imo.

all the best bro.

I was going to go to a walk in clinic if it doesnt get better tomm.... Would I still have the same dr patient confidentuality?

bump.

would you start to notice signs of infection the day after?

I have some extra Cephalexin 500mg should I start to take it?

Tank75 is offline Associate Member
    yes, you get the same patient doctor confidentiality. i had to go see a doctor about an injection infection and i had to tell him it was because of my own injection because he tried to give me poison ivy medication. after i told him, he gave me the necessary antibiotics and i'm getting much better now. just pay in full with cash and insurance doesn't need to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank75
    yes, you get the same patient doctor confidentiality. i had to go see a doctor about an injection infection and i had to tell him it was because of my own injection because he tried to give me poison ivy medication. after i told him, he gave me the necessary antibiotics and i'm getting much better now. just pay in full with cash and insurance doesn't need to get involved.
    how did you explain it to him? hi ive been using steroids and now i think i got a needle infection? I was thinking about just saying that I started injectable b12....

also how long did you wait before you went to one?

Thread Information