Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Can you keep you're gains after cycle?

I was reading this thread on another board, i'm wondering what everyones opinion on it is.
    http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/m_125077..._1/key_/tm.htm

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends on weather or not you have reached your genetic limit.

If you use gear to cross that threashold, then eventually you are going to go back to whatever your genetic limit is. Your body can only support a certain amount of muscle, no matter how much you eat or train.

saberu is offline New Member
    Ive never tried steriods , but is the fact that steriod users lose much of what is gained the reason they continually use them-even when it may be detrimental to their own health?

E.L.P. is offline New Member
    agree and disagree stumbo,not many people at all ever actually reach their potential,nor do they ever perfect their diet,therefore I'd say if diet training rest are in order along with a good dose of HGH gain can be maintained for quite sometime.gear is mearly a supplement to the above.

~E.L.P.

pdog80 is offline Banned
    First of all, us "steroid users" don't lose a lot of our gains because we properly PCT. Second, why are you a member in this forum if your not a user or haven't proposed any cycles?

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    to ELP: I agree 100 percent.

to pdog80: This isnt just a steroid forum, there is also a great diet/workout area.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    well, i believe the quote in that link to a limited extent. i do believe if you use gear to exceed your own bodies genetic limitations, in time, whether it be months or even years, you will eventually lose most of it if gear is not cycled repetitively. however, i believe the gear actually pushes our bodies past their genetic limits in a way so that our bodies wouldn't go back to the same exact level they were before the gear we ever used.

my reasoning behind this is that through the hypertrophy the gear induces, our muscles are in a sense, stretched. just as a rubber band once stretched never goes back to the same exact elasticity afterwards, i don't believe our muscles would either.

additionally, some gear (hgh and igf) also increases our bodies hyperplasia, which though i'm not sure about but i believe once they split, it's permanent. so if that assumptions correct, we'd have more muscle fibers after a cycle which would be permanent. that being the case, there's no possibility of our bodies ever going back to the way they were before doing the cycle.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog80
    First of all, us "steroid users" don't lose a lot of our gains because we properly PCT. Second, why are you a member in this forum if your not a user or haven't proposed any cycles?
    dumb.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Are you fvcking serious ? Thats is just an ignorant comment. And by the way, we ARE steroids users !!!

oliver_kloseoff is offline New Member
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by oliver_kloseoff; 05-15-2010 at 09:08 AM.

one8nine is offline Banned

Can you keep you're gains after cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I was reading this thread on another board, i'm wondering what everyones opinion on it is.
    you're means you are

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    i am glad u havent used aas do ur research it isnt for everyone i wish i woulda stayed natrual longer to see what my potential would been and i commend u for being aas free nothing wrong with that.and it is also good u r hear alot of info for both aas users and none aas user tx for shhopping at radioshack

jef
    jef is offline Member
    I kept a large majority of my lean muscle mass...if not all of it. The one thing that went down about 15-20% is strength. but's it's all good and my muscles feel great and still get a great burn so I don't care. So yes, I think someone can keep a majority of their gains...not all though.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Uh! Let me think. Oh! How about total crap.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Well quite honestly thats the biggest bag of monkey piss that ive heard in a while!!!!!And i'm talking about the thread!!!

statuZ is offline Banned
    well the thing is these days you can change your genetics. thakns to igf-1, insulin and gh you can grow larger(as in change your natural limit) and keep that size easier thanks to these substances.

but thats just what i believe.

Tbol is offline Associate Member
    well I am in the middle of my 2nd cycle and I can tell you that they very first cycle that I did changed me and though I did not keep all my gains it for sure changed me physically in some ways. My shoulders got WAY broader and stayed that way after using gear.

I do believe that if you continue to eat well and train well that with gear you will be bigger and have more muscle than you would have had if you had never used gear. My dad and I are the same height he has narrow shoulders and long arms He is very slender. I have short arms and broad shoulders but the shoulders came from my first cycle. I am not slender and I have to battle fat all the time.

My parents are completly un-athletic and my dad is about as non macho as you can get. I love him anyway of course. I had a hard life growing up and I learned if you look weak you raise your chances of being jacked. As a victim of crime I know what that means. Being built and in shape has importance to me for reasons beyond that of course.

If you look strong bullys do not want to mess with you 99% of the time. I have known a few guys who were monsters and super built and strong with 21 inch arms etc without gear but I can count them on my hand.There not many I have personally known in my circle.

I have this friend from the Island of Tonga he never lifts weights and he can lift with one hand a 200lb dumbell 5 feet of the ground at least 3 times, he has played pro ball and never used gear. He is just genetically a monster. His arms are 23 inches easily. Right now he is competing in mma at 290 and he is 6 foot and lean. He also destroys everyone he fights in the ring. Genetics play a part in everything.

I knew a guy once who said to me "you are carrying to much muscle for your frame, you were never meant to be as big as you are. Well he is probably right but you know something. When I was a buck seventy some guys would mess with me wrongfully assuming I was weak. However when you get to a certain size most people do not want to screw with you and I live in a very big city with a lot of crime so I enjoy that fact that I can go out at 3 am and if some punk is eyeballing me I already know that he is questioning whether he wants to rob me or wait for someone that looks to be a easier target.

I used to be 6'1 170 until I was 20 and I am 6'2 260 and I would say I would be contest lean at 210 so If I had never done gear I would never have broken the 200 pound barrier. I did gear once at 29 years old and now for a 2nd time at 39. I had un-diagnosed sleep apnea for the last 4 years and it made me fat tired and weak I thought it was my age fortunately I found out in time to turn back the clock.

I believe you HAVE to continue training and not get injured and not eat crappy and consume High levels of protein if you want to even look like one of those body builders from the 1950's.

For example,Steve Reeves the old Hercules, now he is small by todays standards without a doubt but for someone who is not a pro bodybuilder his physique level is in reach for more people than the current pros.

As far as looking like a bodybuilding pro that is genetics. I do not have to look like that to satisfied. If I could just be as big and ripped as say Ken Shamrock was back in the day I would be a extremely happy.

It would be great to have genetics like Ronnie Coleman, Ronnie without drugs would look better than 99% of most the people who use gear.

I believe that this is great forum and I feel fortunate to learn from those here and I think we are better off then most of the men out there.

I would bet the great majority of those who post here are not skinny weak nerdy type guys who will never have a chance to be built. Those poor souls might not even get big with gear.

I say be grateful if you have the genetic potential to have a respectable physique and be proud with what you have.

People tell me I am big but when I go the gym I am not that big at all and that is ok because I am in this to be the best I can be as are most of you.

I am using gear to accelerate that process and I believe that I will keep a respectable amount of gains as long as I Pct and keep training and eating right. If I stop training and eating well it will be me returning to a place I do not want to be.

I do not know much about IGF or HGH but if they would put permanent muscle on me i would try them for sure!

just my two cents
    Last edited by Tbol; 07-18-2006 at 12:12 AM.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    lol

TheSentinal is offline Member
    How about the question of keeping gains? Have most bros here kept gains and continued to grow with each cycle?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Thanks for the reply guys, but something that many of you seem to be ignoring was that the original thread is talking about size gains over the perceived natural limit.
    Someone got into talking about stretching the muscle fascia etc.
    Thats kinda the direction i was looking towards.
    To you guys that have run 1 or 2 cycle but still not really reached their full genetic potential i would expect you to keep most of you're gains, Rather id be interested to see the guys who are obviously past that limit (and yes thats a very subjective idea in itself) to contribute.
    Alot can be done naturally, even with average genetics. Im not preaching about staying natty here, just suggesting that maybe some people feel they may have less potential then they really do.

davidvirgodc is offline New Member
    @Tbol. Excellent post. Great read

pdog80 is offline Banned
    To stumbo: this part of the forum is the steroid section. I know there's a diet forum in here.

To everyone else: I was talking to saberu not you guys so WTF is up with all the animosity in here? Flaming is against the rules in this forum so quit the flaming or I will take this to the mods.

Thread Information