Thread: blood loss

texasaggie05 is offline Junior Member

blood loss

i got a quick question...say someone injected themselves in the glutes, on the side with a 22Gx1" needle, and when they pulled the needle out, a lot of blood dripped out, does this mean the gear leaked out too? soreness still follows the next day, along with that feeling that there is a wad of oil in the muscle

im aware that most people recommend a 22-23Gx1.5", but 1" seems to work fine for that person

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    I am sure some gear could leak out

But I would not think enough to worie over

I have had that hapen many times no wories m8

thanks bro

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie05
    im aware that most people recommend a 22-23Gx1.5", but 1" seems to work fine for that person
    If they have very low bf 1 inch should be fine

lean123 is offline Associate Member
    theres a chance that you (the person) lost some oil. This has happened to me once or twice. You can usually see if there was some oil running out along with the blood. Ummm to reduce that "wad of oil" in there try warming your gear up before shooting it (put the vial in a dixie cup that is half filled with hot water...thats what i do) and after you shoot with the alcohol swab gently massage the area. I do it in circles. I also shoot after a hot shower...helps with the muscle relaxing.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie05
    i got a quick question...say someone injected themselves in the glutes, on the side with a 22Gx1" needle, and when they pulled the needle out, a lot of blood dripped out, does this mean the gear leaked out too? soreness still follows the next day, along with that feeling that there is a wad of oil in the muscle
    Oh a hypothetical!

Well "if someone" were to do this, I agree with the above info, namely shrink the needle size, and though it's simply not possible to lose much gear that way and because all the aforementioned fundamental symptoms are present...you er, that "someone" is fine.

M.

Dr Todd is offline New Member
    Learn to Z-track. It will minimise the loss of gear if you do start to bleed. Basically pull the flesh across the muscle and hold it there for the whole duration of the jab. Then, when you pull the needle out, let go of the flesh and it will spring back to it's normal position. The result is that the puncture in your skin will be a couple of inches to the side of the muscle that now contains the oil and thus the precious gear wont leek out with the blood.

Thread Information