OLDFART0124 is offline Junior Member

how long could a person do test ?

I am 44 years old and about to finish up my first cycle of test only at 500mg wk. I am happy with my gains and i feel great. I experianced zero sides. I know that some old people will take test forever. I feel so damn good right now i hate to quit. I was thinking about tapering down to maybe 125mg a week and just stay on that forever..Of course i will do regular bloodwork . What do you guys think? Please dont beat me up to bad...

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Well, you are more and more likely to shut down your natural test production the longer you stay on, so I am not going to do that. People do stay on year round though, geting bloodwork is a must.

BigMaus is offline Junior Member
    125mg is nice, at your age i would probibly do it to...perhaps more

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    For the rest of their lives. Its called TRT or HRT. Staying "on" is a full time thing. Reglar bloodwork needs to be done. Its a big commitment.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMaus
    125mg is nice, at your age i would probibly do it to...perhaps more
    125mg/wk is more than like too much and will have your blood levels way high. If you're gonna stay on year round a little experimentation will be needed to determine the dosage of test you need to get your total T levels up in the 750 to 1000 range. I dare say 125mg/wk would far exceed that, and long term that spells trouble. I'd taper down to 80mgs/week, for 6 to 8 weeks than run Total/Free and Estrodial test. Adjust dosage up or down by 20mgs/wk depending on the values, and retest in 8 to 10 weeks....repeat. Once your levels are stable I'd do full panels every 6 months at a minimum.

You have to realize though when you opt for this path....it will most likely end up being for the rest of your life. Also you'll use Test C or E for the weekly injections, which really should be about every 5th or 6th day, not a full 7.

one8nine is offline Banned
    i thought people on HRT got 200-300 mg a week not 80

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    I thought it was around 150 mg per week...

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    OK so I am one of those OLD people as you so eloquently put it. 125mg is way too high as Teabagger said to keep you in the range. 60 to 80 mg will be enough probably but as has already been stated, regualr blood tests are now required to get the dose right. This is a life long commitment once you go down this road. After a year or two there is no turning back. !!!

First off . Thanks for the responses. I do not want to sound dumb , but why could a person not come off in a few years if something changed in thier lifestyle? I am thru having children as I already have the three most beautiful girls in the world. So sterility is not a concern.
    I love the way I feel and so does the old lady. Will I keep this strong sex drive if i stay on? I do not want to ever loose the ability to satisfy the old lady.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFART0124
    First off . Thanks for the responses. I do not want to sound dumb , but why could a person not come off in a few years if something changed in thier lifestyle? I am thru having children as I already have the three most beautiful girls in the world. So sterility is not a concern.
    I love the way I feel and so does the old lady. Will I keep this strong sex drive if i stay on? I do not want to ever loose the ability to satisfy the old lady.
    If you stay on for a very long period there is a high probability that you natural Test production will not restart, especially as you get older. And yes you will keep the sex drive and everything else you get from Test of you stay on permanently, even into your seventies and eighties

my buddy has been on HRT for years now, and he's healthy, loves the ladies, and looks younger. **** it, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    my buddy has been on HRT for years now, and he's healthy, loves the ladies, and looks younger. **** it, why not?
    Exactly !!!

Thanks for the responses, If I choose to stay on forever should I run any PCT after my real cycle prior to my long term commitment. ? also will I need to take anything else with the test at the reduced amount for long term?

YZFR1Tim is offline Junior Member
    why stay on it forever though? I would still continue to cycle. That way, you can do your 500 a week for three months, get great gains, do proper pct and keep most of it. and do the same thing again after three months of resting. i think in the long run you would gain more from that..?

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFART0124
    Thanks for the responses, If I choose to stay on forever should I run any PCT after my real cycle prior to my long term commitment. ? also will I need to take anything else with the test at the reduced amount for long term?
    No PCT is required ever again if you stay on permanently. The only thing I would advise with regards to other things, is to keep an eye in your Estrogen levels. I supplement with 0.25mg A-dex ED just to be safe.

kale thanks....If I stay on test forever could I like do a real cycle say once a year. ? I would like to make gains, however the imporant thing is i want to feel good and look good.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Here is what I suggest. why dont you visit a HRT clinic and see what th edoctor would prescribe yo uthen yo utak eit from there. instead of listening to a bunch of mixed answers from people who have no clue about what you want it for. I'd spend the money to find out the correct dosage for that you want.

Thread Information