Njectable is offline Member

Great Experience Injecting today, Hit a Vein

Ok this isn't my first cycle let me state that first of all, so i have an idea of what i'm doing before anyone flames me for some odd reason. Anyways i'm running prop right now to kickstart my cycle, and today was my quad shot. I've shot quads before and had absolutely no problems at all.
    Today i was shooting 2ml into my quadricep, 1ml prop, 1ml enanthate . I injected the pin all the way and then aspirated like aways, no sign of blood. I started to inject the oil and right near the end, while their was maybe only .5ml of oil left in the syringe to inject i started to get a tickle in my throat and felt like i needed to cough. I held it in and finished my injection, i knew immediately once i pulled the pin out what had just happened, not from previous experience, but from reading threads on here. I ran to the bathroom and started coughing and gagging for roughly 3-4min.
    It wasn't the most comforting feeling i have ever went through. With that said though, because i aspirated was this experience possibly caused by passing through a vein on the way down, and then as i filled my muscle with the oil some of it possibly overflowed/ran into the bloodstream? When i pulled the pin out their was some blood, but it didn't spray or nothing. My only concern now is how much gear made its way into the bloodstream, and whether this shot was wasted or not.

jerol is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxer23
    Ok this isn't my first cycle let me state that first of all, so i have an idea of what i'm doing before anyone flames me for some odd reason. Anyways i'm running prop right now to kickstart my cycle, and today was my quad shot. I've shot quads before and had absolutely no problems at all.
    Today i was shooting 2ml into my quadricep, 1ml prop, 1ml enanthate . I injected the pin all the way and then aspirated like aways, no sign of blood. I started to inject the oil and right near the end, while their was maybe only .5ml of oil left in the syringe to inject i started to get a tickle in my throat and felt like i needed to cough. I held it in and finished my injection, i knew immediately once i pulled the pin out what had just happened, not from previous experience, but from reading threads on here. I ran to the bathroom and started coughing and gagging for roughly 3-4min.
    It wasn't the most comforting feeling i have ever went through. With that said though, because i aspirated was this experience possibly caused by passing through a vein on the way down, and then as i filled my muscle with the oil some of it possibly overflowed/ran into the bloodstream? When i pulled the pin out their was some blood, but it didn't spray or nothing. My only concern now is how much gear made its way into the bloodstream, and whether this shot was wasted or not.
    I posted this on another thread, but I'll repeat myself here.

First off, I'm sorry you had to go through this. Second, it is possible to hit a vein, even if you have meticulous technique, because there are small variations in needle position when aspirating and injecting that can cause you errantly enter a vein when you push the plunger in to inject. In other words, while aspirating (pulling back) you weren't in a vein -- rather very, very close to one. Then, when you inject (push) you go into the vein and get a minor pulmonary embolism.

Veins take the blood back to your heart. The blood enters the right heart and then goes out again via the pulmonary artery into your lungs where it gets oxygenated, returns to the heart and then takes that oxygenated blood to the rest of your body via the arterial system.

Oil injected into a vein goes into the heart and then to the pulmonary vasculature where it clogs the small vessels in the lung. When blood clots do this, it is called a "pulmonary embolism" -- large clots that do this can kill you. Oil is different, but it works in much the same way -- that is, by blocking the blood flow to a part of the lung. This causes coughing, shortness of breath and (usually) a great deal of anxiety. The properties of oil are different from those of a blood clot, and my feeling is that the oil is probably cleared rather quickly from the pulmonary circulation, hence the rather short duration of symptoms in most folks.

Again, when injecting, technique has to be meticulous. Insert the needle to the hub (use the appropriate length needle -- don't try to stick a 1.5" needle 1" into a quad to save money -- buy the right needle for the job). Aspirate without pulling the needle back, then inject without pushing it in any further and you should be okay.

Stay safe,

-J

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Jerol! Do u know what happens to the oil after it clears the lungs? and is the gear wasted or not? does the oil diffuse into fat / muscles or get eliminated by the body?

jerol is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Jerol! Do u know what happens to the oil after it clears the lungs? and is the gear wasted or not? does the oil diffuse into fat / muscles or get eliminated by the body?
    I am not sure of the answer to this question. I would think that the test is lost as it is mostly sequestered in the lung and then eventually removed by your immune system. There is damage done to the lung as well, but the lung generally regenerates well in the absence of other issues (smoking cigarettes, etc).

-J

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah Ive been wodering about that too. Aside from minor fibrous tissue probably not much more damage to the lungs.. or so I would assume.. not a fact.

Njectable is offline Member
    interesting... so ur suggesting i likely injected the whole 2ml directly into a vein? Thats relieving ...

Thread Information