MrC
    MrC is offline New Member

Weight before first cycle?

Hi Guys,
    Another (hopefully not to daft) question. I read on another thread a few guys giving advice along the lines of "You weigh <Insert weight here> you are not ready for your first cycle". I think the figure given was 180lbs?

Is this correct? That is, is the general consensus that you should reach a certain weight before considering AAS?

Surely this can't be right?

Would I be correct in thinking that the posts actually mean that the person in question had not trained for long enough and/or stuck to a suitable diet for long enough to consider AAS?

The reason I ask is because, despite training for a good 9 years now, I still way f*** all. Diet advice anyone?

TIA

Chris

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    There is no right weight to begin AAS. Most people try and wait until they reach their genetic potential before starting.

mateo112 is offline Associate Member
    i think it has to with genetic max. if you have reached your genetic potential, then a person would turn to the use of AAS. proper diet is going to do alot for a person. Body fat is also another thing you need to look at before you start a cycle. i have the impression that the less body fat you have, the more gains you will keep from your cycle. this all because you have the knowledge to diet properly and that has everything to do with holding onto gains.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    no, 180 is not the magic number for all heights and frames. like shorter ppl will probably not be able to touch 180 natty at 6% bf. they just dont have the frame. you gotta judge for yerself

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mateo112
    i think it has to with genetic max. if you have reached your genetic potential, then a person would turn to the use of AAS. proper diet is going to do alot for a person. Body fat is also another thing you need to look at before you start a cycle. i have the impression that the less body fat you have, the more gains you will keep from your cycle. this all because you have the knowledge to diet properly and that has everything to do with holding onto gains.
    good point. also less chance of gyno if your leaner.

cuse140 is offline Junior Member
    I'm 5'8 and reached 180 natural about 3 years ago. I've done 3 cycles since that time, and i now maintain around 200-205, with roughly the same bf% as i had at 180

MrC
    MrC is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cuse140
    I'm 5'8 and reached 180 natural about 3 years ago. I've done 3 cycles since that time, and i now maintain around 200-205, with roughly the same bf% as i had at 180
    Out of interest, what was your weight before you started training?

Thread Information