gottibme is offline Associate Member

queston about air in a syrenge

I was wondering,people are always saying about taking out all the air bubbles in needles and I was wondering how much air in a syrenge would kill you?

MrMe is offline Member
    it would have to be in a vein and not in a muscle and they say 3cc or more. I myself leave about 0.2cc so i can get all teh gear out, it wont kill you if you get a little in your muscle, just try not to!

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    don't worry about bubbles. i wouldn't make a habit of being careless about it, but if there's a small bubble or two in there, it won't do any harm.

as far as some people that leave a bit of air in the needle to get all their gear out, the amount that's left in there after pushing the syringe all the way down is so slight it won't make much difference anyway.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I just had this discussion the other day with my buddy who is a nurse and is going to anastesia school. He said that small amounts of bubbles wont do a thing. He said there is always a risk however but its like being struck by lightning. He was also saying that now they are teaching new Doc's and nurse to give IM's in the quads or shoulders depending on the amount. Since there is a higher risk of hitting blood vessels or nerves in the glutes.

MrMe is offline Member
    I know its not a big amount, im just cheap

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    don't worry about bubbles. i wouldn't make a habit of being careless about it, but if there's a small bubble or two in there, it won't do any harm.

as far as some people that leave a bit of air in the needle to get all their gear out, the amount that's left in there after pushing the syringe all the way down is so slight it won't make much difference anyway.

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    I just had this discussion the other day with my buddy who is a nurse and is going to anastesia school. He said that small amounts of bubbles wont do a thing. He said there is always a risk however but its like being struck by lightning. He was also saying that now they are teaching new Doc's and nurse to give IM's in the quads or shoulders depending on the amount. Since there is a higher risk of hitting blood vessels or nerves in the glutes.

that is true.

i've injected into the surrounding muscles of my cyatic nerve and it has been 5 weeks and the problem is still there. my osteopath says the quads and delts contain less nerves

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gottibme
    I was wondering,people are always saying about taking out all the air bubbles in needles and I was wondering how much air in a syrenge would kill you?
    i think i was told something like greater than 30cc but dont test this out.

ghostdog128 is offline Junior Member
    I'm an RN and tell you that it's around 10cc's of air. ALthough less could do it, but not anywhere near the amount of air bubble we would have in a pin.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    He was also saying that now they are teaching new Doc's and nurse to give IM's in the quads or shoulders depending on the amount. Since there is a higher risk of hitting blood vessels or nerves in the glutes.
    If you shoot in the appropriate location of the glutes there is little risk of hitting veins or nerves.
    If you're hitting an inappropriate location in the glutes, then the risk increases, especially as far as hitting nerves go, most particularly the sciatic nerve.
    This, I believe, is a fact.

-ShrpSkn

Thread Information