Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ss01 is offline Associate Member

Becoming infection-proof. Impossible?

Becoming infection-proof. Impossible?

We, as athletes, must be careful with diseases and infections. For steroid users, this need is increased by the vulnerability caused by both the hormone fluctuations and the repetitive injections we take our bodies through.

Injecting anything, even the best-sterilized gear, can cause microorganisms to enter the body and cause disease. And how unsurprising is it to catch the flu when cutting down, preparing for a show or just entering PCT? You hear it all the time. The reasons why are well understood, and the only commonly accepted ways to prevent these are proper nutrition and supplementation as well as plentiful rest and of course, avoiding overtraining. While this represents a best case scenario, it is obviously not always doable and even when all precautions are followed perfectly, getting sidetracked by health problems is very common.

This of course is without mentioning abcesses, which although rare, are the nightmare of all steroid users. Sterile (chemical) abcesses, while no fun in themselves, are not extremely damaging. They can often be removed by pulling the contents out with an empty syringe and a large 18ga needle. Nonsterile abcesses though are downright nightmarish. Fever comes quickly and medical care needs to be sought promptly, lest the infection spreads and life-threatening conditions arise. Those abcesses usually occur deep inside the muscle and require surgery that opens up the muscle belly and is closed by numerous stitches. Obviously, a whole season of training can easily be lost to such an abcess and muscle size, wrecked.

What's a man to do?

Well, what if I told you there's an old folk remedy that fell out of usage with the invention of antibiotics in the early 20th century. What if I told you that remedy kills any and all disease-causing organisms without causing any resistant strains to mutate contrary to normal antibiotics. What if I told you that this remedy has been used by countless people on a daily basis for thousands of years with no side-effects, only enhanced health and resistance to all pathogen-caused diseases?

These countless people were referred to as "The nobles" in the old countries. The richer people were given titles and were seen as "noble" by the rest of the peoples. And this supersitious view of their apparently superhuman resistance to plagues, infected wounds, rots and mold diseases was very warranted. These people had very little tooth decay. Their bodies rotted at a greatly slowed pace after their passing. They could get hit my arrows and swords going through and through their bodies multiple times in a single battle and somehow pull through while the more normal citizens were assured of dying from the least of such wounds. How did they do it? This is no mere legend, this is the basis of the political structure of the whole world for the last many centuries. Priests and "nobles" were seen as closer to god for these reasons while the plebe cowered in fear of such favor from the powers above.

How did they do it?

It is a well-documented fact that the richer classes all used silver utensils for food preparation and eating. This released silver nanoparticles in the food and in the body. It is a scientifically well-documented fact that silver nanoparticles inhibit the energy-production enzyme of all anaerobic microorganisms. Only anaerobic microorganisms cause disease. By being exposed to silver, the disease causing organisms undergo a simple starvation. No mutation ensues, just as it is not possible to mutate out of the need for food.

There's a catch: while all silver will do this, some forms of silver are more suited to internal use than others. For example, silver salts will killl the disease but will also cause argyria. Argyria is a silver deposit in the skin that turns it grey. While this is not an unhealthy condition, it is not necessarily what you want to look like. Getting rid of the silver deposited in the skin requires a cosmetic treatment. So while it is harmless, you want to avoid argyria. And because it is so scarce, as about only 5 cases have been documented in the 20th century, some physicians mistake the condition for cyanotic heart disease. It is not absolutely certain wether or not silver proteins cause argyria or not. To muddle things, silver proteins and silver salts are sometimes called "colloidal silver" whereas they are not the same thing. As with gear, you need to know you can trust your source or you may run into unforeseen problems.

What is known is that the colloidal form of silver, electrically-charged nanoparticles of silver in suspension in distilled water, do not cause argyria and kill off any disease-causing microorganisms quickly. It is also known that colloidal silver is the form in which it has been absorbed for countless centuries by the richer classes through the usage of silver implements in food preparation. This form of silver does build up in the body and when the concentrations reach a certain treshold, the blood turns a deep bluish purple instead of being red. Thence the "blue blood" moniker used to designate nobles of old.

How to use it?

Most colloidal silver comes in 20ppm (parts per million) suspension in distilled water. This suspension should be yellowish and have a slightly unpleasant metallic taste. The whole discussion of dosages here will be based on the 20ppm standard strength. Of course, half the quantity should be used if the solution is 40ppm or twice the amount if the solution is 10ppm.

CURE
    You're sick and want to get rid of it in a jiffy? Gulp down 8oz of the stuff every day until the flu/cold/infection is gone.

MAINTENANCE
    You want to disease-proof yourself? Gulp down 4oz ED for 2 weeks, followed by 1oz ED for another 2 weeks. Maintain at 1 tbsp ED. If you know you are overtraining or starting the phase of a cycle where you tend to get sick easiest, bump up the dose for a while, just to be on the safe side.

Now of course if you do the above "maintenance" protocol for one month, I cannot guarantee that you are fully disease-proofed on the 32nd day. It all depends on the status of your immune system and what you are exposed to. Over time though, you'll find that the sick episodes are quickly vanishing. Colloidal silver is somewhat expensive. But then again, when you think of all the hard work you put into building yourself up and how much of that is lost over a bout of the flu, it isn't. The abcess insurance is a major plus, too. If you think of the cost of going to the doctor, getting a script for antibiotics and all that, you'll see that the colloidal silver pays for itself very nicely.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Interesting post...very interesting.

Snrf is offline Banned
    Animal studies have shown that silver builds up in the tissues of the body. In humans, buildup of silver from colloidal silver can lead to a side effect called argyria. It causes a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, other organs, deep tissues, nails, and gums. Argyria cannot be treated or reversed, and it is permanent. While it is not known how argyria occurs, it is thought that silver combines with protein, forming complexes that deposit in the skin and are processed by sunlight (as in traditional photography).6,7 Other side effects from using colloidal silver products may include neurologic problems (such as seizures), kidney damage, stomach distress, headaches, fatigue, and skin irritation. Colloidal silver may interfere with the body's absorption of the following drugs: penacillamine, quinolones, tetracyclines, and thyroxine.5

Snrf is offline Banned

Snrf is offline Banned
    There ya are, I even dug up some pictures in case anyone want's to try ingesting toxic heavy metal solutions to make themselves "Infection proof" like this guy suggests

Another side effect? You become irresistible to Smurfette

Yes if you had read my post I explain very well how only improperly made, not truly colloidal silver does this.

And I ask you two questions:
    1. How many sites on the internet sell it?
    2. How many different cases do you see reported?

Just so we get some statistical significance on this very spectacular assertion of yours. Just answer. Don't be shy. I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    There ya are, I even dug up some pictures in case anyone want's to try ingesting toxic heavy metal solutions to make themselves "Infection proof" like this guy suggests

Another side effect? You become irresistible to Smurfette

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I've read literature for and against it.. and both sides present an interesting case.

Snrf is offline Banned
    oh of course, SOME silver doesn't do this. The same silver sold by a bunch of internet quacks right?

Question: Would you take finely powdered lead suspended in a solution for its health benefits?

So why would you take silver in this form? Silver is Silver, its a toxic heavy metal. If you seriously believe that suspending incredibly tiny particles of it in a solution somehow magically stops it being a toxic metal......I have some magic beans to sell you.

And yes I see lots of colloidal silver being sold on the internet, I don't see that many cases of argyria reported. So? If I was stupid enough to believe a bunch of internet quacks on this stuff you think I'd admit I turned myself into a smurf? Plus the levels of silver in these products is very low, it could take 20-30 years to build up to the levels required to cause argyria, colloidal silver has only been sold widely for about 10-15 years, even less time on the internet...so we haven't seen the long term effects of this yet.

But we will, make sure you post your smurf transformation pics in 20 years.

oh of course, SOME silver doesn't do this. The same silver sold by a bunch of internet quacks right?

Question: Would you take finely powdered lead suspended in a solution for its health benefits?

So why would you take silver in this form? Silver is Silver, its a toxic heavy metal. If you seriously believe that suspending incredibly tiny particles of it in a solution somehow magically stops it being a toxic metal......I have some magic beans to sell you.

And yes I see lots of colloidal silver being sold on the internet, I don't see that many cases of argyria reported. So? If I was stupid enough to believe a bunch of internet quacks on this stuff you think I'd admit I turned myself into a smurf? Plus the levels of silver in these products is very low, it could take 20-30 years to build up to the levels required to cause argyria, colloidal silver has only been sold widely for about 10-15 years, even less time on the internet...so we haven't seen the long term effects of this yet.

But we will, make sure you post your smurf transformation pics in 20 years.
    Uh... It is most definitely not toxic. Please provide proof of that assertion. It is so non-toxic that most hospitals use colloidal silver to clean newborn babies' eyes because other stuff is too harsh. Just check. And all surgical implements and implants are either silver-coated or pure silver. Guess why? Cause they are poisoning you. Not.

Well myself, most of my friends, all my family and quite a few of my acquaintances use the stuff. My best friend makes it and everyone is glad they are taking it. You have a lot of VERY RESPECTED BRO'S who swear by it.

But believe what you will, believe it is toxic if you want to. Ooooooh boy. Ever heard of silver cutlery? Silver-plated? You would think people would have stopped using them a few thousand years ago if it made people unhealthy.

So anyways here I am sharing a golden health tip with you guys and some uninformed, brainwashed A$$H0LE comes and shits on my post. You are a disgusting shame on all bodybuilders. Post when you have information, not when you are a victim of stupid propaganda.

Oh and wait, I think the same HEALTH ALERT government site tells you that there are STEROIDS in some things and that those are BAD BAD BAD EVIL. Why aren't you dead yet?
    Last edited by ss01; 12-18-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Snrf is offline Banned
    Ooooh, someone has their knickers in a twist!

I like the way you wait until I'm offline then post this immediately, whats wrong? worried your argument won't stand up to scratch? Evidently debating isn't your strongpoint since the only thing you can call me is an "uninformed, brainwashed A$$HOLE" and "a disgusting shame on all bodybuilders"

Oh the shame I feel! Trying to convince people not to follow some quacky idiot who probably acts as a salesman for his colloidal silver producing buddy!

Your assertion that most surgical instruments are made of silver or silvercoated is garbage, SOME are, but most are neither.

Yes, I know silver has antibacterial qualities. I didn't argue with that. However so does bleach, why don't you go drink that?

And actually SILVER NITRATE drops were traditionally used to clean newborn babies eyes, not colloidal silver. And silver nitrate drops have fallen out of favour with most hospitals who now prefer to use erythromycin ointment instead since the former often irritate babies eyes.

Comparing the use of silver cutlery with deliberately drinking silver solution is completely retarded, do you eat your cutlery? no, didn't think so dumbass.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp146.pdf

page 15, one long term animal study found exposure resulted in larger hearts than non-exposed animals, less activity on the part of the animal, injections of silver nitrate (not colloidal silver I know, but since you seem happy to use the two interchangeably so may I) showed reproductive organ damage. Exposure to other silver salts has resulted in breathing problems, lung and throat irritation and stomach pain and mild allergic reactions.

More examples of negative health effects -

Page 33 - Guinea pigs who recieved a dermal application of a silver solution ceased gaining weight.
    Page 50 - embedded (subcutaneously) silver induced fibrosarcomas in rats
    Page 49 - in vitro studies show silver ions do have genotoxic properties, binding to DNA in ways that can cause strand breaks and affecting fidelity of DNA replication
    Page 58 - one study has reported an increase in tumors following subcutaneous injections of silver into rats.

I'm not arguing with you on the fact that silver has germicidal properties, that's a well known fact.

And yeah, the same government agencies that say silver is toxic also say steroids are bad. However steroids are also accepted as having medicinal uses (in many cases) The makers of colloidal silver are banned from advertising it's health effects, the only reason it isn't banned altogether is because it is grandfathered under some law that allows the sale OTC of pre-1938 medicines. So it's two different situations altogether.

And where are all these "VERY RESPECTED BRO'S"? Why aren't they all backing you up?

And anyway, I don't use steroids (yet) maybe that's why I'm not dead yet!

If you're going to refute these points I want to see data and studies performed by government agencies that actually show (in the same way I have shown negative effects) positive health effects of ingesting silver, until you do that I'm not going to bother replying since your only responses are bound to be nothing more than either insults (like uninformed brainwashed asshole) or links to companies that produce and sell colloidal silver and spout unfounded garbage about it being able to "kill aids" and other ridiculous claims.

One more question, if it really does kill all viruses/bacteria, ie if it can kill the AIDs virus (like some colloidal silver sites suggest) why are people dying from it all over the world? You'd think it would have gone mainstream by now surely?

Because it is not patentable. Now just think if people caught on to a way to avoid all pathogen-induced disease? Disaster for big pharma. Bottom line, they don't want any research.

Now I have to educate you for FREE. Study all this and then come back. Hey any REAL MAN can say "I was wrong, you were right, and thank you for educating me."

Here is the nail in the coffin of your bashing: Nanotechnology’s Latest Oncolytic Agent: Silver, Cancer & Infection Associations Part III
    http://www.imref.org/overview/whitepapers/paper_3.php

1 Von Nageli C. On the oligodynamic phenomenon in living cells. Naturforsch Ges, Denkschriften der Schweiz.1893;33:1.

2 Rentz E. The Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobial Properties of Oligodynamic Ag+ As Silver Hydrosol. Featured lecture presentation of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM). 2003 Summer Conference. The comprehensive medical library of the Natural-Immunogenics Corp., located in Pompano Beach, Florida, provided complimentary medical references for Dr. Rentz’s AAEM presentation.

3 Gordon E, Holtorf K. Promising cure to URTI pandemics including the avian flu (H5N1): Has the final solution to the coming plagues been discovered? Part II. Townsend Letter. 2006 April;#273.

4 Russell AD, Path FR, Hugo WB. Antimicrobial activity and action of silver. Prog Med Chem. 1994;31:354.
    5 Moyasar TY, et al. Disinfection of bacteria in water systems by using electrolytically generated copper, silver and reduced levels of free chlorine. Canadian Journal of Microbiology. The National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ont., Canada. 1990;109-16.

6 Hamilton-Miller JM, Shah S, Smith C. Silver Sulphadiazine: A comprehensive in vitro reassessment. Chemotherapy. 1993;39:406.

7 Zhao G, Stevens SE. Multiple parameters for the comprehensive evaluation of the susceptibility of Escherichia coli to the silver ion. Bio Metals. 1998;11:27.

8 Baker C, et al. Synthesis and antibacterial properties of silver nanoparticles. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2005 Feb;5(2):244-9.

9 Sondi I, Salopek-Sondi B. Silver nanoparticles as antimicrobial agent: A case study on E. coli as a model for Gram-negative bacteria. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2004;275:177–182

10 Morones JR, et al. The bacteriocidal effects of silver nanoparticles. Nanotechnology. 2005;16:2346-53.

11 Berger TJ, et al. Electrically generated silver ions: Quantitative effects on bacterial and mammalian cells. Anti Microb Agents. 1976;9(2):357-8.

12 See: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm

13 Livingston-Wheeler V, Wheeler OW. The Microbiology of Cancer: Physician’s Handbook, A Livingston-Wheeler Medical Clinic Publication. Spring Valley, CA, 1977.

14 Spano JP, et al. Non-AIDS-defining malignancies in HIV patients: clinical features and perspectives. Bull Cancer. 2006 Jan 1;93(1):37-42.

15 Fields CB, et al. Method for treating blood borne viral pathogens such as immunodeficiency virus. United States Patent No. 6,066,489. 2000 May 23.

16 Sola P, et al. New insights into the viral theory of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: study on the possible role of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated virus/human herpesvirus 8. Eur Neurol. 2002;47:108-12.

17 Kuck D, et al. Intranasal vaccination with recombinant Adeno-associated virus Type 5 against Human Papillomavirus Type 16 L1. J Virol. 2006 Mar;80(6):2621-30.

18 Serraino D. Infection with Epstein-Barr virus and cancer: an epidemiological review. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2005 Jan-Jun;19(1-2):63-70.

19 Eash S, et al. The Human Polyomaviruses. Reviewed by Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences (CMLS). Publisher: Birkhäuser Basel, ISSN: 1420-682X, 2006 Feb 23.

20 Weinreb DB, et al. Polyoma virus infection is a prominent risk factor for bladder carcinoma in immunocompetent individuals. Diagn Cytopathol. 2006 Feb 9;34(3):201-203

21 Englund JA. Diagnosis and epidemiology of community-acquired respiratory virus infections in the immunocompromised host. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2001;7 Suppl:2S-4S.

22 Abelson JA. Frequency of fungemia in hospitalized pediatric inpatients over 11 years at a tertiary care institution. Pediatrics. 2005 Jul;116(1):61-7.

23 Knapp KM, Flynn PM. Newer treatments for fungal infections.J Support Oncol. 2005 Jul-Aug;3(4):290-8.

24 Liakopoulou E, et al. Rotavirus as a significant cause of prolonged diarrhoeal illness and morbidity following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2005 Oct;36(8):691-4.

25 Chemaly RF, et al. Cyt*****lovirus pneumonia in patients with lymphoma. Cancer. 2005 Sep 15;104(6):1213-20.

26 Kumashi P, et al. Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteremia in patients with cancer: disease characteristics and outcomes in the era of escalating drug resistance (1998-2002). Medicine (Baltimore). 2005 Sep;84(5):303-12.

27 Kerker M. The optics of colloidal silver: something old and something new. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 1985;105:297–314.

28 Sosa IO, Noguez C, Barrera RG. Optical Properties of Metal Nanoparticles with Arbitrary Shapes. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. 2003;107:6269–6275.

29 Cliver DO, et al. Biocidal effects of silver: Contract NAS 9-9300 Final Technical Report. University of Wisconsin, Accession No. N71-24436, NASA CR-114978, Code G3, Category 04. 1971 Feb;5-2.

30 Becker RO, and Shelden G, The Body Electric: Electromagnetism And The Foundation of Life. William Morrow and Company, Inc., NY, NY, 1985; p. 175.

31 Becker RO. Processes and products involving cell modification. United States Patent 4,528,265. 1985 July 9.

32 Weingates-Furiate M, McCoy CM. In vitro cytotoxicity sample. NAMSA. Northwood, OH, Lab No. 03T 01251 01. 2003 July 17.

33 Antelman MS. Methods of using electron active compounds for managing cancer. United States Patent No. 692488. 2000 October 20.

34 Hussain S, et al. Cysteine protects Na, K-ATPase and isolated human lymphocytes from silver toxicity. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 1992; 189:1444-1449.

35 Garcia-Giralt E, et al. Preliminary study of GSH L-cysteine anthocyane (Recancostat Compositum™) in metastatic colorectal carcinoma with relative denutrition. Eur J Cancer [Part A] 1997;33(Suppl. 8):S17.

36 Marino AA, et al. The effects of selected metals on marrow cells in culture. Chem. Biol. Interactions. 1974;9:217.

37 Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, ed. David R. Lide, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. 2000; Section 4, p. 27 and Section 15, p. 28..

38 Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) Toxicological Profile for Silver – CAS# 7440-22-4. 1990 Dec.

39 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Silver; CASRN 7440-22-4. Last revised – 1996 Dec 1.

40 Tsujitani S, et al. Administration in a hypotonic solution is preferable to dose escalation in intraperitoneal cisplatin chemotherapy for peritoneal carcinomatosis in rats. Oncology 1999 Jul;57:77-82

41 Ocshner DH. The use of colloidal gold in inoperable cancer. J Med & Surg. 1927 Mar.

42 Ocshner DH. Colloidal gold in inoperable cancer. Clinical Medicine and Surgery. 1935 July.

# "Use of Colloids in Health and Disease." Colloidal silver has proven particularly effective in cases of intestinal troubles. Dr. Henry Crooks found that "silver in the colloidal state is highly germicidal, quite harmless to humans and absolutely non-toxic. Rather than in a chemical compound, the silver in the colloidal state may be applied in a much more concentrated form, with correspondingly better results. All virus, fungus, bacterium, streptococcus, staphylococcus, and other pathogenic organisms are killed in three or four minutes upon contact. There are no side effects whatsoever from the highest concentrations."
    # Dr. Robert Becker, " The Body Electric," recognized a correlation between low silver levels and sickness. He said the silver deficiency was responsible for the improper functioning of the immune system. Dr. Becker's experiments conclude that silver works on the full spectrum of pathogens without any side effects or damage to any part of the body. He also states that the silver was doing something more than killing disease organisms. It was also causing major growth stimulation of injured tissues. Burn patients and elderly patients noticed more rapid healing. He discovered that all cancer cells change back to normal cells. All strains of pathogens resistant to other antibiotics are killed by colloidal silver. Yet at that time he couldn't find a silver supplement on the market.
    # "Silver, Our Mightiest Germ Fighter," ScienceDigest, March 1978. As an antibiotic, colloidal silver kills over 650 disease causing organisms, and resistant strains fail to develop. Silver is the best all-around germ fighter we have and is absolutely non-toxic! Doctors report that, taken internally, it works against syphilis, cholera, malaria, diabetes and severe burns. Richard L. Davies, executive director of the Silver Institute which monitors silver technology in 37 countries, reports: "In four years we've described 87 important new medical uses for silver."
    # Dr. Bjorn Nordstrom, of the Karolinska Institute, Sweden, has used silver in his cancer treatment method. He says the whole thing is quite simple. This brought rapid remission in patients given up on by other doctors.
    # The FDA has stated that because colloidal silver is accepted as a pre-1938 medication, it may continue to be marketed. Letter, 13 September 1991, received from consumer safety officer Harold Davis, U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
    # "Colloidal Preparations of Silver in Pharmacy," British Medical Journal, February 1923: "Pure Silver is entirely non-irritant. In tests at very high concentrations, it has been shown repeatedly that the rapidly exerted disinfectant action is of considerable therapeutic value."
    # Dr. Otto Warberg (Nobel Prize Winner, 1932) stated that "Cancer is caused by the lack of oxygen and the fermentation of sugars."
    # Provo Herald, 13 February 1992, page D1: "Colloidal Silver as a Remedy for AIDS.quot;
    # American Drug Index, section on Inorganic Pharmaceutical Chemistry, recognized silver for its germicidal action, calling a stabilized form: Mild Silver Protein. There are several concentrations of Mild Silver Protein.
    # The Condensed Medical Dictionary, 6th Edition: Mild Silver Protein is listed for medicinal use. The 4s protein-2 is the trace used as a stabilizer.
    # Medicinal Silver Home Remedies, Maurice Worthington, M.D., 1928.
    # "Colloidal Silver Preparations of Silver in Pharmacy," British Medical Journal, 1932.
    # Royalty, worldwide, have been called "Blue Bloods," because of the silver content in their blood, even from birth. They used real silverware, ate from silver dishes, and stored their food in silver containers. There were no doctors. The common people were often sick with something.
    # Colloidal Silver, The Antibiotic Alternative by Lloyd Michael Canty and Zane Baranowski, CN. $4.05 each, plus 50 cents postage each. The Association for Advanced Colloid Research, 232 NE Lincoln St. Suite 1, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124. 503-640-0810.
    # World Without Cancer by G. Edward Griffin. History of allopathic medicine in America. $9.95, plus $2.00 for postage. The Cancer Control Society, 2043 N. Berendo, Los Angeles, CA 90027. (213) 663-7801
    # The Body Electric and Cross Currents by Dr. Robert Becker.
    # Secrets of the Soil by Christopher Bird and Peter Tompkins.
    # Murder by Injection by Eustace Mullin. History of the AMA, also addresses, the Drug Trust, fluoridation, Aids and other health problems. $15.00 plus $1.50 postage. The National Commission for Judicial Reform, P.O. Box 1105, Staunton, VA 24401
    # Chemistry’s Miraculous Colloids by Kenneth Andrews. The Readers Digest, March 1936. Quoting, Dr. Frederick Macy, one of the country’s outstanding bacteriologists.
    # John Hopkins Hospital, More News on Silver. Dr. Leonard Herschberg
    # Michael D. Lemonick. The Killers All Around, Time Magazine, Sept. 12, 1994.
    # Searle, A.B. The use of Colloids in Health and Disease. The British Medical Journal. Nov, 1913, p. 83 Dr. Henry Crookes,
    # Colloidal Silver, Where have you been? by Iris A. Moore, The New Times, Seattle WA, May 1994
    # Brentano, L. MD, Margraf, H, Monafo, W.W. MD and Moyer,C.A. MD Antibacterial Efficacy of a Colloidal Silver Complex. Surgical Forum Vol. 17, 1966, pp. 76-78 Also Quoting, Dr. Harry Margraf
    # Report on Colloidal Silver, The Best Kept Secret, by Martha Duncan.
    # Thurman, R.B. and Gerba, C.P. (1989) The molecular mechanics of copper and silver ion disinfection of bacteria and viruses. Quoting, Dr. Richard Davies, The Silver Institute, Wash, V. 18, 4, p. 295
    # Oxygen Therapies by Ed Mc Cabe. $12.00 Includes postage, Energy Publications, 99- RD #1, Morrisville, NY 13408
    # H.E.L.P ful News, Vol. 8 No. 9
    # Science Digest, March 1978, Quoting Jim Powell
    # Harold Davis, U.S. FDA Letter, September 1991
    # The Olympian, Sunday, Feb. 20, 1994 quote by Alexander Tomasz / San Francisco, Associated Press
    # Newsweek Magazine, March 28, 1994 Antibiotics, The End of Miracle Drugs?
    # Magnesium Oxtazone, Colloid Research foundation, 1-800-487-5463
    # Newsweek Magazine, May 22,1995. Outbreak of Fear
    http://www.all-natural.com/silver-1.html

The Rediscovery of Colloidal Silver
    The comeback of silver in medicine began in the 1970's. The late Dr. Carl Moyer, chairman of Washington University's Department of Surgery, received a grant to develop better treatments for burn victims. Dr. Margraf, as the chief biochemist, worked with Dr. Moyer and other surgeons to find an antiseptic strong enough, yet safe to use over large areas of the body. Dr. Margraf reviewed 22 antiseptic compounds and found drawbacks in all of them. "Mercury, for example, is an excellent antiseptic but toxic," he comments. "Popular antiseptics....can be used over small areas only." Furthermore, disease organisms can become resistant to antibiotics, triggering a dangerous super-infection. "These compounds are also ineffective against a number of harmful bacteria, including the biggest killer in burn cases - a greenish-blue bacterium called Pseudomonas aeruginosa. It almost always shows up in burns, releasing a poison."

http://www.newstarget.com/020851.html

Colloidal silver is an inexpensive healing agent and disinfectant that has a myriad of applications. It is a clear golden liquid composed of 99.9-percent pure silver particles approximately 0.001 to 0.01 microns in diameter that are suspended in pure water. Colloidal silver can be mixed with either tap or distilled water and applied topically, taken by mouth, or administered intravenously.
    Prescription For Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A Balch CNC and James F Balch MD, page 66
    Topically, it can be used to fight fungal infections of the skin or nails and to promote the healing of burns, wounds, cuts, rashes, and sunburn. It can be used on toothaches and mouth sores, as eye drops, and as a gargle to fight tooth decay and bad breath. It can also be used as sterilizer and can even be sprayed on air-conditioning filters and air ducts and vents to prevent germs from growing.
    Prescription For Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A Balch CNC and James F Balch MD, page 66
    To treat ringworm, use a sterile pad and apply colloidal silver to the affected area. Hands and feet can also be soaked in this solution, a natural antibiotic that destroys some 650 different microorganisms.
    Prescription For Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A Balch CNC and James F Balch MD, page 388
    Micronic Silver from Lifestar Millennium is a good source of colloidal silver. Cold Combat! from TriMedica, Inc. is a combination of sublingual forms of colloidal silver, colloidal copper, zinc, and the homeopathic remedies Cinnabaris and Rhus toxicodendron. It is good for fighting colds and flu.
    Taken internally, colloidal silver can be used to fight infection. It has been shown to be effective against more that 650 disease-causing organisms, including Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria and the fungus Candida albicans.
    Dr. Marchial-Vega has had considerable clinical experience with a colloidal silver preparation that contains between 20 and 25 parts of silver per million parts of water. This preparation has proven effective in patients with HIV in quickly resolving pneumonias due to pneumocystis, streptococcal, staphylococcal, klebsiella and fungal infections. In the hospital, the therapy is administered by a special nebulizer as well as orally.
    A Physicians Guide To Natural Health Products That Work By James Howenstine MD, page 262
    Combination Remedy for Colds and Sore Throats: One teaspoon of bee propolis in a homeopathic solution is combined with extracts of red clover and licorice root. Ten drops of colloidal silver are added. Gargling with this formula and then swallowing it, every four hours, can help knock out local bacterial and viral infections in the throat and trachea.
    Complete Encyclopedia Of Natural Healing by Gary Null PhD, page 127
    Other vitamins that have been proven to help increase fertility in women are: iron (35 mg); folk acid (one mg three times daily), to help normalize blood chemistry; vitamin B12, to help normalize reproductive function; colloidal silver, to help cleanse the system when chlamydia is causing infertility; and bioflavonoids (found in broccoli, green peppers, parsley, and citrus fruits), to help develop a healthy uterine lining.
    Complete Encyclopedia Of Natural Healing by Gary Null PhD, page 241
    Vitamin and mineral intake can make a difference. Specific recommendations for men are zinc, selenium, and vitamins E, D, and C. Particular suggestions for women include vitamins C, B6, and B12, in addition to iron, folic acid, colloidal silver, and bioflavonoids. Complete
    Encyclopedia Of Natural Healing by Gary Null PhD, page 243
    I also take [supplements]. I eat organic vegetarian foods. I took ozone a few times. I had the silver removed from my teeth. I took colloidal silver, which helped my pneumonia tremendously.
    Complete Encyclopedia Of Natural Healing by Gary Null PhD, page 465

Snrf is offline Banned
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm is the only government source you listed, and it's the leading causes of death among americans, why is this relevant?

Since nothing else is government research like I asked for, I see no purpose in responding to the opinions of a bunch of quacks (many of whom make their living selling snake oil like CS to the public) have to say on the subject, this thread is not worth my time and you have no evidence to back you up.

Oh and the "final nail in the coffin of my bashing" comes from a company promoting the use of silver hydrosol therapeutics. Unbiased? I think not.

Like I said, when you have something other than quackery to back you up, like GOVERNMENT RESEARCH I will respond to it.

until then. QUACK

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    And all surgical implements and implants are either silver-coated or pure silver.
    Blatently UNTRUE. Most surgical implants are titanium or stainless.

Implements. . .ever heard of SURGICAL STAINLESS STEAL? Pure silver is too soft for any of the above. Silver coated? I can't find any proof to suggest that is correct.

Ever heard of silver cutlery? Silver-plated? You would think people would have stopped using them a few thousand years ago if it made people unhealthy.
    Just how much silver so you think you would ingest if you ate with silver cutlery for the rest of you life? I am will to guess less then the amount you would ingest drinking just 2 glasses of colloidal silver.

[QUOTE=ss01]So anyways here I am sharing a golden health tip with you guys and some uninformed, brainwashed A$$H0LE comes and shits on my post. You are a disgusting shame on all bodybuilders. Post when you have information, not when you are a victim of stupid propaganda.
    [QUOTE]

The only reason I see to resort to an imflamatory post and result to unintelligent name calling is if you are out of facts to support your claim. I say this because for every article you can find supporting colloidal silver, I can find one that discourages it. Your articles will be found on health food, home medicine and other websites of that nature. My will be in New England journal of Medicine, FDA, and other well respected and world renowned sources.

Oh and wait, I think the same HEALTH ALERT government site tells you that there are STEROIDS in some things and that those are BAD BAD BAD EVIL. Why aren't you dead yet?
    You are absolutely correct. And that information is absolutely true. No one here with half intelligence would disagree that steroids are bad, bad for you and could cause irreversable damage to your body. Infact, I would say they not only COULD, they WILL. When used incorrectly. Why do you think any respected member here tells everyone to RESEARCH and obtain KNOWLEGE before attempting a cycle. Because they WILL mess you up if you have no clue.

I have had family members prescribed steroids. Don't ever recall getting a 'script for colloidal silver.

I would also like to make another point that unimformed people mistakenly do not consider. . .

The Title "Dr." does not mean physician or medical practitioner. . . .

Just thought about that after looking over your cut and paste job that has lots of Dr. So-and-so listed as sources.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm is the only government source you listed, and it's the leading causes of death among americans, why is this relevant?

Since nothing else is government research like I asked for, I see no purpose in responding to the opinions of a bunch of quacks (many of whom make their living selling snake oil like CS to the public) have to say on the subject, this thread is not worth my time and you have no evidence to back you up.

Oh and the "final nail in the coffin of my bashing" comes from a company promoting the use of silver hydrosol therapeutics. Unbiased? I think not.

Like I said, when you have something other than quackery to back you up, like GOVERNMENT RESEARCH I will respond to it.

until then. QUACK
    Hm, I think I posted this before: Government eats in the hand of big pharma. Why would they post such research?

Oh, and you are dismissing MEDICAL TEXTS. No, medical texts are not published by government. I know. How sad huh?

Snrf is offline Banned
    You think every government in every country in the world is under the control of major pharmaceutical companies?

I once read on the internet that the world is secretly controlled by reptilian overlords, do they, possibly, have anything to do with this massive pharmaceutical conspiracy? The crocodile men and pfizer, I think we may have discovered the truth!

Mate your arguments not only hold no water, they repel it. Debate over, you got

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Umm...

Dude, collidal silver has been around for a looong time ( I used to be in the supp biz)...

If was the "end all be all" then it would of destroyed the market. Unfortunatly it hasn't. 'Nuff said. I don't even need to read your two dozen sources to know that.

...or is there a pharmaceutical industry coverup?

BTW, are you in the marketing field by any chance? You had a very well written first post. Catchy, informative, and great use of bold type. You just left out the link of where we could all buy it from.

OH SNAP! I didn't even see you post about the pharm companies before i posted!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Give me a ****ing break.

Snrf is offline Banned

Only becuase you're eating out of the hand of pharm companies...

Oh, did you all know there is a major conspiracy to withhold the cure for cancer because pharm companies make more money off of there other drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr
    Only becuase you're eating out of the hand of pharm companies...

Oh, did you all know there is a major conspiracy to withhold the cure for cancer because pharm companies make more money off of there other drugs?
    Do you have proof?

It would be surprising, as most big pharma does not even RESEARCH a cure for cancer, just more treatment...

Do you have proof?

It would be surprising, as most big pharma does not even RESEARCH a cure for cancer, just more treatment...
    To quote Chris Rock, a truly great thinking of our time. . .(j/k)

"Doctors ain't cured shit since polio. There ain't no money in the cure."

Do you have proof?

To quote Chris Rock, a truly great thinking of our time. . .(j/k)

"Doctors ain't cured shit since polio. There ain't no money in the cure."

Thats why a cure for cancer will come from a socialistic medicine country. . .not the USA where we have the most brilliant doctors on earth.

OH, which brings me to another point. If Colloidal silver was the end all be all. . .it would have disapeared on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy
    OH, which brings me to another point. If Colloidal silver was the end all be all. . .it would have disapeared on the market.
    It nearly has. There is a LOT of pressure from the FDA to control and ban it, but the scientific evidence is too strong.

But more interesting is the fact that you have here a split between those who state that the proof it doesn't work it that it isn't government-supported or approved and on the other hand those who state that the proof it doesn't work is that it is still on the market.

And then of course you have the informed few as myself, who try and kindly spread the word on this cycle- and gains-saver. And get bashed for it. Oh well, it's nothing new, Jesus had that too...
    Last edited by ss01; 12-18-2006 at 06:52 PM.

It nearly has. There is a LOT of pressure from the FDA to control and ban it, but the scientific evidence is too strong.
    That because the people who are making it and marketing are making drug like claims. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration banned over-the-counter sales of colloidal silver products claiming therapeutic value, or their advertisement as providing health benefits. The FDA has issued warnings to internet sites selling or promoting colloidal silver. If no health benefits are claimed, and colloidal silver is sold as a supplement, its sale is legal as long as the products comply with all other FDA regulations. In 2002, the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration made a similar ruling.

do some research.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/warn/cyber/dec2000/Cyber067.pdf
    http://www.fda.gov/cder/warn/cyber/dec2000/Cyber065.pdf
    http://www.fda.gov/cder/warn/cyber/nov2000/cyber058.pdf

The list goes on and one. . .

But more interesting is the fact that you have here a split between those who state that the proof it doesn't work it that it isn't government-supported or approved and on the other hand those who state that the proof it doesn't work is that it is still on the market.

And then of course you have the informed few as myself, who try and kindly spread the word on this cycle- and gains-saver. And get bashed for it. Oh well, it's nothing new, Jesus had that too...

First, don't compare yourself to jesus. I wouldn't even consider you well informed or intelligent, let alone prophet-like and certainly not god-like.

I will give you some credit. . .stand still because this wont happen often. Because overall, I think you are a quack just like the scammers that push CSP.

1) Silver DOES kill bacteria. That is a medical fact. No disproving that. There is proof everywhere that it does.
    2) Silver IS used in certain external ointments and bandages.
    3) And yes, in some states, they even put it on newborns eyes to prevent infection.

What does EVERY SINGLE USE OF SILVER IN THE MEDICAL FIELD HAVE IN COMMON??

It is in ALL cases an external use. Silver does kill bacteria, when in direct contact. There is not 1 single solitary case to be found where drink colloidal silver proved to have prevented, stopped, or cured anything. The only thing it was found to do is cause Argyria.

I specifically like #3, all the quacks include "So gently it doesnt even burn the eyes of a newborne" in their propaganda. but what they DON'T tell you is the REAL risk of developing Argyria and the fact that it is irreversible. . . .

Does the name Stan Jones ring a bell to you?????? Read up on him if you doubt me. He was a Kool-aide drinker like you and believed te hype.

Tell you what. . .I will make you a batch of test for your next cycle. Since you are SO convinced in the magic of silver. . .the only thing I will do to it is put a pure silver dime in it to sterilize it. Hey, even if that doesn't work, the colloid you drink will stop the rest. . .

Or try this expirment if you are SO convinced it works.

Run an entire cycle, use only ONE SYRINGE. Don't rub the injection site with alcohol. Don't change needles.

Shit bro, think of the money you could save on syringes and alcohol pads.

Don't worry, Colloidal silver's got your back! It kills 650 different forms of bacteria. . .

Tell you what. . .I will make you a batch of test for your next cycle. Since you are SO convinced in the magic of silver. . .the only thing I will do to it is put a pure silver dime in it to sterilize it. Hey, even if that doesn't work, the colloid you drink will stop the rest. . .

Run an entire cycle, use only ONE SYRINGE. Don't rub the injection site with alcohol. Don't change needles.

Don't worry, Colloidal silver's got your back! It kills 650 different forms of bacteria. . .
    Total hogwash. You wouldn't attempt this if you had a pound of EVERY antibiotic on hand. So that post is totally worthless.

And as I posted above, there are SOME forms of silver that CAN give you argyria and some others that CANNOT. That's all.

Snrf is offline Banned
    I think Kynetguy has thrown down the gauntlet!

If colloidal silver kills every form of bacteria then I wanna see you reuse a needle and syringe for a whole cycle

And man, I go to bed this lunatic starts comparing himself to jesus....wtf?

And please explain to me why one form of silver will give you argyria and one will not, I'd like to see the scientific theory behind this. And don't say "oh cuz its .001 microns across" because if that was the case I could go out and drink super small cyanide particles and live to tell the tale, wanna try that?

Snrf is offline Banned
    I'd just like to add Kynetguy that silver nitrate drops are now very rarely used to disinfect babies eyes, since it inflames them and leaves them with blurry eyes and some feel this delays bonding and recognition between mother and baby. They now use erythromycin ointment almost universally.

And anyway, according to our kool-aid drinking friend silver nitrate isn't pure silver and is of the type that will (according to our friend) give you argyria, so him spouting its health benefits is kind of retarded. Never mind the fact that any silver can and will eventually turn you into a smurf

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member

yeah!

i'd like to see him prove it that way, since he is soo sure!

I'd just like to add Kynetguy that silver nitrate drops are now very rarely used to disinfect babies eyes, since it inflames them and leaves them with blurry eyes and some feel this delays bonding and recognition between mother and baby. They now use erythromycin ointment almost universally.

And anyway, according to our kool-aid drinking friend silver nitrate isn't pure silver and is of the type that will (according to our friend) give you argyria, so him spouting its health benefits is kind of retarded. Never mind the fact that any silver can and will eventually turn you into a smurf
    Exactly. Once again, total morons confuse silver salts with colloidal silver and draw the only conclusions their pea-sized brains allow them to.

Hey bro, table salt is deadly, it contains chlorine. Take a whiff of chlorine and your lungs are cooked, so drop all salt man you will be sick and die. MORON!

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Where's Booz?!?!

Looks like we got a bit too much heat in this thread.

If I'm not mistaken, the name-calling crosses that line that Booz addresses in his flaming thread.

-ShrpSkn

Snrf is offline Banned
    It is so non-toxic that most hospitals use colloidal silver to clean newborn babies' eyes
    Actually they use silver nitrate, as I have repeatedly pointed out to you

so "total morons" confuse silver salts with colloidal silver do they?

What the fvck do you think you did smartypants?

Mate, you just called yourself a total moron.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Just keep it cool guys or I will have to close it which I dont think we need to do. Some good info in here from what I can see. Its the internet bro's, no need to get all bent outta shape, just keep debating ...the best info always comes out that way. But getting into calling people morons just doesnt do anything.

Bashing without any knowledge doesn't either. AND it keeps honest people away from something that can be a godsend.

Actually they use silver nitrate, as I have repeatedly pointed out to you

so "total morons" confuse silver salts with colloidal silver do they?

What the fvck do you think you did smartypants?

Mate, you just called yourself a total moron.

Many places use COLLOIDAL silver. Yes even hospitals can mix up the two.

But it is like mixing up table salt with pure chlorine.

Snrf is offline Banned
    actually we're not bashing without any knowledge, I am the only one who has shown any 3rd party independent research on the subject of silver toxicity.

All you have shown are biased sales-pitches from companies profiting from obvious crap. And of course you have spouted silly conspiracy theories and insulted people....So who exactly has demonstrated a lack of knowledge here?

Snrf is offline Banned
    Many places use COLLOIDAL silver. Yes even hospitals can mix up the two.

But it is like mixing up table salt with pure chlorine.
    Care to show evidence for this claim? And no a site that is promoting the sale of colloidal silver will not count as evidence.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I wouldnt mind being silver for a day or two. But for the rest of my life would be a totall bumer. I wonder if they can go through a metal detector

actually we're not bashing without any knowledge, I am the only one who has shown any 3rd party independent research on the subject of silver toxicity.

All you have shown are biased sales-pitches from companies profiting from obvious crap. And of course you have spouted silly conspiracy theories and insulted people....So who exactly has demonstrated a lack of knowledge here?

You are omitting the plethora of medical texts referenced in post #11 above: Becoming infection-proof. Impossible?

Snrf is offline Banned
    Yeah, since all that could be made up. I don't have a book to check your references from.

And they're not really medical texts, they're mostly books on alternative medicine, admittedly written by doctors, but still unproven.

To be honest I can't believe I'm still having this debate with you.

If colloidal silver can prevent all bacteria/virus-borne diseases why are people dying from them all over the world by the tens of thousands every day?

Explain that to me please, and without mentioning any lizard men or massive pharmaceutical conspiracies or flying saucers or similar rubbish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information