redrocket86 is offline Associate Member

Steroids which are less affective on hair loss and DHT levels/

I'm wanting to start taking a cycle but before i do im wanting to know which steroids are least affective on hairloss as im only 21 and have already started losing it and dont want to speed it up.

I am taking proscar currently and have heard some steroids arent to be used with it? also have heard deca is the least affective on hairloss but is not to be used alone and should be mixed with test (which affects hairloss badly)

can someone give some advice please as its quite an important matter.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    You can put this in 3 classes:

1)Deca , Laurabolin or any of the Nadrolone drugs will be the easiest on the hair. B/c they get reduced to DHN thrue the 5ar which is a milder androgen than Nadrolone is. If Deca is taken with Duta or Proscar it will belong in the second catagory here.

2)Other derivatived steroids will have the same androgenic strenght in the androgen recepter in the scalp, as they will in the muscle. In a nutshell; stronger androgen=more hairloss-if you are prone.

3)Testosterone will get reduced to a stronger androgen thrue the 5ar DHT, which means it will have stronger androgenic activity particulary in tissues such as the scalp, skin, prostate, than it will in the AR in the muscle.
    If testosterone is used with duta or proscar, it will belong in the second catagory here.
    Last edited by vitor; 01-06-2007 at 07:35 AM.

what about a deca only cycle then without taking proscar?

anyone?

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redrocket86
    what about a deca only cycle then without taking proscar?

thats what im doing at the moment,its advisable to use some hcg during the cycle this will help with labido issues and keep the boys downstairs happy.

im in week 2 at the moment,i frontloaded at 1200mg first week and then 600mg there after for 10 weeks,shorter than usual but i respond early,especially with teh frontload.

also just make sure you have some Bromocriptine or an anti aromatase

Logan13 is offline Banned
    I have used a few DHT based AAS with the following results, I always incorporated Test prop with these as well:

Anavar : Believe it or not, this was the harshest on my front hairline. My hair did come back, but I will never use var again.

Winny: made my joints hurt and I actually felt "dirty", was not a good experience for me. Hairloss was a minimum.

Masteron : Easy on hairline, now my second favorite AAS behind prop. Made me a bit pissy, but great for the gym.

Proviron : very mild, made me horny as hell. No effect on hairline.

Billytk03z is offline Member
    I agree with logan13 on Var...... I used for only 7 days and developed acne on temple and hairline area.... I never get acne, ever.... but I did in 7 days with Var.... not a good sign.... my hair feels flatter and oilier now which is also not a good sign.... I quit Var regretably, cuz Var is awesome, and I am now using Tbol.....

odix is offline Member
    tren was the hardest hitting drug on my hairline, i run deca + prop with finasteride+letro and have no problems. my hair did thicken back up after the tren, its a shame to because tren is awesome, besides the pyschotic episodes it put me through, i loved it.

Billytk03z is offline Member
    Actually now that i am feeling my scalp, it is hella oily now... this sux.... Var may be mild steroid but the fact that it is dht derived makes it dangerous for the hair.... Im actually laughing right now cuz of the 3 or 4 acne/pimples that I developed on my forehead/hairline.... I never had acne before, even in high school... this is kind of funny... at least I know the Var I had was legit cuz I was worried about how cheap I got it for and the sheeeitt works too good.......

Quote Originally Posted by helium3
    thats what im doing at the moment,its advisable to use some hcg during the cycle this will help with labido issues and keep the boys downstairs happy.

im in week 2 at the moment,i frontloaded at 1200mg first week and then 600mg there after for 10 weeks,shorter than usual but i respond early,especially with teh frontload.
    and whats the results been like mate?

87GrandNational is offline Junior Member
    My hairline had thinned before but i remember using the Nioxin kit i bought from a local beauty salon. It worked great needless to say and most of the thinning stopped. Genetics has alot to do with it. Order some Fina or some Duta give it a try and see where it takes ya. Time is of the essence with those chemicals.

and whats the results been like mate?
    too early to tell in 3rd week now,skin not oily,dont feel as bloated as on test e,but up 12 pounds(i did a prime b4 i started the cycle),no labido issues yet(infact the opposite)and beard growth etc slowed down,enjoying not having to shave every day lol.no sign of gyno at all,im not prone luckily

this leads me to believe it will be light on the hairline.but again too early yet,gonna start the hcg soon.
    Last edited by helium3; 01-10-2007 at 12:45 PM.

Halfcenturian is offline Associate Member
    Well that's just great about Var!

I'm only 51!

I'm too young to lose my hair.

DAMMIT!!! CRAP !!! RRRRAT FARTS!!!

That cuts it. I'm gettin' some Halo and play it safe.... Gotta look good for the ladies!

what about taking deca just with novadex as this will boost the test in you're body?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Have taken:

Dbol
    Var
    Test
    EQ

and no hairloss (I am prone) while using avodart (dutasteride).

you never suffered any hairloss with any of them while on duta?

thay sounds very good that

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    There is really no way around that. Once you go into aas and you are prone to mpb, you are risking to loose a good amount of hair. I will list the options I think are the safest and the downsides of each one.

Eq - I found it very safe in terms of hairloss, but very weak on muscle building.
    Deca - Easy on the scalp, but not wise to do a deca only cycle.
    Primo - Never ran it, but has the reputation of being mild on the scalp.
    Test with fina/duta - Everyone I know that tried this had no complaints.

I can't remember any other "safe" option. Maybe someone can and for sure will post it.

One other thing, 5% spiro cream is suppose to block the AR on the scalp, and theoretically avoid hairloss from any compound. I tried with winstrol (the year before made me loose a good noticeable amount of hair) and went though the cycle without problems.

JMC
    JMC is offline Associate Member
    bump....im very interested in what more people have to say about this....

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    you never suffered any hairloss with any of them while on duta?

thay sounds very good that
    Yes, true...no hair loss on duta with those 4.

But you never know.. I lost hair from 20 years old to 28 (no as use at that time). Then I found Propecia....hair loss stablized. Then followed hair loss boards on the avodart/duta fda trials and switched to it when it came out.

I will never know if my hairloss after 20-28yrs of age was slowed down naturally, or if without dht inhibitors I would be completely bald right now.

Most people move from an adolecent hair line to a mature hair line during that time but it sure seemed to be going fast and quite a miracle to see it stop when I started taking something for it.

JMC
    JMC is offline Associate Member
    anyone else have input?

Sexpert is offline New Member
    I'm On The Same Ship, I Had A Deca Only Cycle Like 8 Month Ago And I Had Great Gains But My Sex Drive Went Down A Lot, I Did Not Notice Much Hair Loss. Now I'm Looking For Something Safe For My Hair, Maybe Deca But Not By Itself

Thread Information