Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired

Exclamation Things to consider before taking Anabolic Steroids.

Things to Consider before taking Anabolic Steroids

A guide to those considering AS use, I hope this goes some way to providing information which allows you to make a sensible, informed decision about the risk you are thinking of taking.

How long have you been training?

Many people consider anabolic Steroids (AS for short!) before they have even fully considered there training. Unfortunately it has become "en vogue" to use AS for many people. Whether you are an aspiring athlete or BBer or just an individual who wishes to look better, many believe AS can provide the results they require. AS are the icing on the cake, not a magic pill. And there has to be a cake there to ice!! Have you developed a good base with heavy dedicated training for a number of years? If the answer is "no" then forget AS and get your ass back to the gym for some heavy compound lifting!! If you are not powerlifting or BBing have you reached a plateau in terms of gains for your chosen sport?

How old are you?

If you are under 21 then AS is not suitable for you. At such a young age you have rampant hormone levels anyway, if you cant put on muscle then there is something very wrong with your diet and/or training. You also risk stunting your growth (AS may seal prematurely seal growth plates) and messing up your own natural test production leaving you on TRT for the rest of your life.
    If you are over 21 it does not mean it is safe to use AS. It is always a risk and I would suggest getting regular blood work to be sure your health is not at risk.

Is your diet in check?

Everyone I speak to answers “yes” to this question but rarely have I found it to be true. People complain “they can’t put on size” even though they have a “healthy” diet. “Healthy” is not good enough if you are so seriously into your chosen sport that you are considering AS. Diet has to be 100%. Can you tell me EXACTLY how many calories you eat a day? How many grams of carbs per day? Protein? Fat? You get the picture….. Many don’t have a diet plan because diet has to be tailored to the individual. There is no one diet fits all. It has to be personal. This takes time and effort. Working out a diet from scratch normally takes me about 3 hours and I am useless at maths! If you are too lazy to spend 3 hours on a little diet homework then drop that syringe buddy, AS isn’t for you.
    Here are some useful diet links for you.
    http://members.nuvox.net/~on.jwclymer/bmi.html
    http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/
    Start by calculating your BMI/BMR then use the Harris Benedict equation to give you a rough idea on how many calories you will need to take in either to grow or cut. From there you will have to tweak it as you go to balance it nicely for yourself.
    here is a sample bulking diet from the stickies in the diet forum UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...
    Here is a sample of my maintenance/bulking diet my diet to sustain weight until january.
    They should give you an idea of the kind of dedication expected.

Have you any knowledge about AS and it’s use in your chosen sport?

Many people simply rely on the local gym dealer to recommend them a cycle. Many times I hear that someone wants to “get bigger” and a gym dealer sells them some Dbol . The person does not even know what they are taking or at what dose. “He just said take 5 of these pink things a day for 2 months”. These are serious and possibly dangerous drugs you are about to take. You are taking them on the say so of some idiot in a gym who only cares about making money. My advice would be to read as much information on AS and cycles as you can before you even consider using. Plan a cycle and post it in the “steroid Q&A” (http://forums.steroid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2) forum for critique. Then you will get input from many knowledgeable people and you can make an educated and informed decision.
    Specific sports have specific requirements. Be careful taking advice from a BBer if you are using AS to become better in boxing, sprinting etc. Same goes for females, beware the information you are given from the guys as many have no clue about female AS use. That is why you girls have a dedicated forum.
    Another great way to gain knowledge would be to purchase Anthony Roberts excellent book from here. http://www.anabolicbooks.com/

I’m scared of needles!!

This has been a very controversial topic on the forums. I am not a fan of the oral only cycle as I believe there are safer more effective cycle options available. I think if you are serious enough to use AS then you need to use the safest most effective methods you can. This means getting over your fear of needles. It doesn’t hurt and you get used to it very quickly. For safe injection procedure visit http://www.s p o t I n j e c t I o n s.com/ (take out the spaces)
    To buy needles check out http://www.ar-r.com/ also great for PCT stuff.

How much will it cost?

Anabolic steroids are not cheap. If you only have limited funds or you are thinking about buying your cycle weekly while using then forget it. Buy the whole cycle up front including PCT (http://www.ar-r.com/) and any ancillaries needed then commence. You do not want to run out mid cycle and be left waiting. Be sure you are covered for any medical expenses that may arise such as blood work. I cannot go into detail on pricing but you could always message a willing mod or vet for price guidance. Just be aware even a simple beginner cycle can set you back $300+. Be prepared. And don’t scrimp on the food bills!!

Do I have a reliable source?

This is VERY important. You must trust someone to sell you drugs which you are going to inject/swallow. There are many reliable sources around. In some countries (Turkey being one off the top of my head) AS can be purchased from a legitimate pharmacy. However unless you live in Turkey or a country with liberal AS laws (like the UKJ) then you would have to smuggle the gear back. Not a good idea as it could well land you in prison or worse. Some countries have AS easily available although quality is not always pharmacy grade and one must still be very careful (Mexico, Eastern block, Thailand to name a few). These countries have UGLs (under ground labs) and semi legit labs producing either vet gear or human grade gear aimed at non medical use. Much of the gear is good, some of it crap.
    If you live in the USA a good option may be a longevity clinic such as https://www.o a s I s r e j u v e n a t I o n.com/ (remove the spaces). They specialize in prescribing pharmacy grade AS and GH to users who fit there criteria.
    The forum dose also include a banner “looking for steroids?” you might want to subscribe (I would suggest using a hushmail free account) and check out the sources there.
    If you have another source you are unsure about you can PM a willing mod or vet for a source check. For security purposes you will need 45 posts and 100 days activity before you can do this.
    The main thing to bear in mind is that even previously reliable and trusted sources can quickly turn bad. Keep your ears to the ground and listen out for info. I have found William Llewellyn’s “anabolic 200x” books invaluable in helping to identify the real from the fake.

Hope you liked my rough guide. If I have broken any rules (posting sponsors ect) then please let me know admin. I will make appropriate changes if need be.

PB.
    Last edited by perfectbeast2001; 01-24-2007 at 04:39 PM.

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    good one

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    It says I'm OBESE on the BMI

boxer1 is offline Associate Member
    good post

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    It says Im morbidly obese well its only a guide!!

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Great post Bro.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Tank ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr
    Great post Bro.
    Thanks man

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Nice post dude. I'm "overweight". Any idea how accurate the bodyfat calculator is? It seems hard to believe you can figure that out only using your weight and waist size.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter
    Nice post dude. I'm "overweight". Any idea how accurate the bodyfat calculator is? It seems hard to believe you can figure that out only using your weight and waist size.
    it is not accurate. I have only included it to give approx BMR/BMI readings.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Things to Consider before taking Anabolic Steroids

A guide to those considering AS use, I hope this goes some way to providing information which allows you to make a sensible, informed decision about the risk you are thinking of taking.

How long have you been training?

Many people consider anabolic Steroids (AS for short!) before they have even fully considered there training. Unfortunately it has become "en vogue" to use AS for many people. Whether you are an aspiring athlete or BBer or just an individual who wishes to look better, many believe AS can provide the results they require. AS are the icing on the cake, not a magic pill. And there has to be a cake there to ice!! Have you developed a good base with heavy dedicated training for a number of years? If the answer is "no" then forget AS and get your ass back to the gym for some heavy compound lifting!! If you are not powerlifting or BBing have you reached a plateau in terms of gains for your chosen sport?

How old are you?

If you are under 21 then AS is not suitable for you. At such a young age you have rampant hormone levels anyway, if you cant put on muscle then there is something very wrong with your diet and/or training. You also risk stunting your growth (AS may seal prematurely seal growth plates) and messing up your own natural test production leaving you on TRT for the rest of your life.
    If you are over 21 it does not mean it is safe to use AS. It is always a risk and I would suggest getting regular blood work to be sure your health is not at risk.

Is your diet in check?

Everyone I speak to answers “yes” to this question but rarely have I found it to be true. People complain “they can’t put on size” even though they have a “healthy” diet. “Healthy” is not good enough if you are so seriously into your chosen sport that you are considering AS. Diet has to be 100%. Can you tell me EXACTLY how many calories you eat a day? How many grams of carbs per day? Protein? Fat? You get the picture….. Many don’t have a diet plan because diet has to be tailored to the individual. There is no one diet fits all. It has to be personal. This takes time and effort. Working out a diet from scratch normally takes me about 3 hours and I am useless at maths! If you are too lazy to spend 3 hours on a little diet homework then drop that syringe buddy, AS isn’t for you.
    Here are some useful diet links for you.
    http://members.nuvox.net/~on.jwclymer/bmi.html
    http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/
    Start by calculating your BMI/BMR then use the Harris Benedict equation to give you a rough idea on how many calories you will need to take in either to grow or cut. From there you will have to tweak it as you go to balance it nicely for yourself.

Have you any knowledge about AS and it’s use in your chosen sport?

Many people simply rely on the local gym dealer to recommend them a cycle. Many times I hear that someone wants to “get bigger” and a gym dealer sells them some Dbol . The person does not even know what they are taking or at what dose. “He just said take 5 of these pink things a day for 2 months”. These are serious and possibly dangerous drugs you are about to take. You are taking them on the say so of some idiot in a gym who only cares about making money. My advice would be to read as much information on AS and cycles as you can before you even consider using. Plan a cycle and post it in the “steroid Q&A” (http://forums.steroid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2) forum for critique. Then you will get input from many knowledgeable people and you can make an educated and informed decision.
    Specific sports gave specific requirements. Be careful taking advice from a BBer if you are using AS to become better in boxing, sprinting etc. Same goes for females, beware the information you are given from the guys as many have no clue about female AS use. That is why you girls have a dedicated forum.
    Another great way to gain knowledge would be to purchase Anthony Roberts excellent book from here. http://www.anabolicbooks.com/

I’m scared of needles!!

This has been a very controversial topic on the forums. I am not a fan of the oral only cycle as I believe there are safer more effective cycle options available. I think if you are serious enough to use AS then you need to use the safest most effective methods you can. This means getting over your fear of needles. It doesn’t hurt and you get used to it very quickly. For safe injection procedure visit http://www.s p o t I n j e c t I o n s.com/ (take out the spaces)
    To but needles check out http://www.ar-r.com/ also great for PCT stuff.

How much will it cost?

Anabolic steroids are not cheap. If you only have limited funds or you are thinking about buying your cycle weekly while using then forget it. Buy the whole cycle up front including PCT (http://www.ar-r.com/) and any ancillaries needed then commence. You do not want to run out mid cycle and be left waiting. Be sure you are covered for any medical expenses that may arise such as blood work. I cannot go into detail on pricing but you could always message a willing mod or vet for price guidance. Just be aware even a simple beginner cycle can set you back $300+. Be prepared. And don’t scrimp on the food bills!!

Do I have a reliable source?

This is VERY important. You must trust someone to sell you drugs which you are going to inject/swallow. There are many reliable sources around. In some countries (Turkey being one off the top of my head) AS can be purchased from a legitimate pharmacy. However unless you live in Turkey or a country with liberal AS laws (like the UKJ) then you would have to smuggle the gear back. Not a good idea as it could well land you in prison or worse. Some countries have AS easily available although quality is not always pharmacy grade and one must still be very careful (Mexico, Eastern block, Thailand to name a few). These countries have UGLs (under ground labs) and semi legit labs producing either vet gear or human grade gear aimed at non medical use. Much of the gear is good, some of it crap.
    If you live in the USA a good option may be a longevity clinic such as https://www.o a s I s r e j u v e n a t I o n.com/ (remove the spaces). They specialize in prescribing pharmacy grade AS and GH to users who fit there criteria.
    The forum dose also include a banner “looking for steroids?” you might want to subscribe (I would suggest using a hushmail free account) and check out the sources there.
    If you have another source you are unsure about you can PM a willing mod or vet for a source check. For security purposes you will need 45 posts and 100 days activity before you can do this.
    The main thing to bear in mind is that even previously reliable and trusted sources can quickly turn bad. Keep your ears to the ground and listen out for info. I have found William Llewellyn’s “anabolic 200x” books invaluable in helping to identify the real from the fake.

Hope you liked my rough guide. If I have broken any rules (posting sponsors ect) then please let me know admin. I will make appropriate changes if need be.

PB.

realy nice work , it may just show up as a stickey at a few other boards, thanks PB.

Thx CJ!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Good solid information PB, needs to be a sticky to make sure they read it

kevlev1 is offline Female Member
    PerfectBeast,

Awesome post as always.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Great post, from a top notch guy!

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    A very informative post like this
    is highly appreciated,nice work PB.

Yup,another sticky vote here.

harveyjblch is offline Junior Member
    should be a sticky, for sure!!!!

Excellent.

Sticky!!!!!
    -XL

jing jai

SHAGGY is offline Member
    Very good post.

Thanks.

SHAGGY

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

Another solid and informative thread for Beast to line up next to his popular "Clen Facts" thread.

Great work bro

-ShrpSkn

realtalk is offline Associate Member
    well done perfect
    very informative

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Good one. I need to make a good post like this.

GotGuns is offline Junior Member
    I am printing this out and I'm gonna stick it on the back of the doors in the mens toilets of my gym - I'm sick of hearing misinformed morons tell 17 year olds how "5 of these a day will make you massive".

Great post

Jason865 is offline Banned
    Great thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys and girls glad you all liked it!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Beastie Boy, this is a farking great post dude, well done !!

Showdown is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for that post,the calculater came in handy...

oc pitbull is offline Member
    and they are illegal buddies got rolled for having gear.

Beast, I gave your thread a very well-deserving 5 star vote earlier but now it is not showing on the forum...I give it a vote again and still nothing...wtf?

Anyone know why it wouldn't show the vote?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    Beast, I gave your thread a very well-deserving 5 star vote earlier but now it is not showing on the forum...I give it a vote again and still nothing...wtf?

That system isnt in use here like it is on other boards. If you look under UserCP you can see the vote there with the associated comment
    Last edited by Kale; 01-07-2007 at 04:26 AM.

You could vote my sending me nude pics of jaimie eason if you like

^^

beuleux is offline Banned
    Good post Beast... bet it wont stop the 16 y/o's posting dumb questions though LOL

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn

I did also,..but it shows for me on the forum.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    awesome post pb

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    dddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Gearhead007; 09-27-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    good read, fink i got sum plannin 2 do ova the next few weeks

^good on you mate^ the better the planning the better the results!!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nice one pal. I'm seriously thinking of turning to the darkside this year and that was an excellent post.
    Last edited by Flagg; 01-07-2007 at 02:44 PM.

^^^ttt^^^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information