Max00 is offline New Member

Which alcoholic drinks have the least sodium.

Hi, i didn't know where else to post this and i'm going to get the quickest response here.

I've just recently realized that i'm very sodium sensitive, after years of trying to figure out why my face shape would change dramatically each day and swell to a moon face. I've worked out im either sodium sensitive or my sodium intake is too high, anyway i've cut my salt intake dramatically and it seems to be working.

My question is, what alcoholic drinks would i be safe drinking? after nights out drinking beer or cider my face would swell and my eyes would bulge, so i would like to avoid this while being able to have a drink as well.

Would i be right in saying spirits like vodka would have low sodium content? and how about mixers? pure orange juice?

Thanx for any help

Bump. Would like to know as im going out tonight.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    beers themselfs wont carry sodium because when sodium is exposed to alcohol it releases the carbination in the drink. Thats why when you put salt in beer it bubbles. Sounds like you shouldnt drink if your face swells.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Have your thyroid checked.....you may have cushings disease....that is bad....go to your doctor now!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Could be an allergic reaction. I'd check with your doctor, and see if you can have a allergy test done.

In the mean time, I would avoid alcohol untill you have this figured out. Being allergic to alcohol is pretty common, almost as common as peanut allergies.

nephilim666 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1
    Have your thyroid checked.....you may have cushings disease....that is bad....go to your doctor now!
    i 2nd that, i had a cusion with it and he had the same problem only he also got random briuses all over his body in addition to swelling of the face an hands.

Yeah, i've had my thyroid checked twice. Blood tests came back normal.

It isnt serious swelling or anything, its just some days i look chubby as hell (cheeks) because of extra fluid in my face. This makes me look about 2 stone heavier some days and is really hard to keep off. Could be a food allergy but im sure it would be hard to work out exactly what type of foods could be causing it. What are the most common foods that would cause this?

I'm pretty sure im not allergic to alcohol, my face would bloat during the day anyway without any alcohol.
    Last edited by Max00; 01-11-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Does diet cause water retention? I know theres no sodium in it but would the sweeteners cause it?

Thread Information