meadexxl is offline New Member

1st cycle ever now or after...

Hello everyone, i am 5ft 6 200lbs (with about 40 being fat). Should I lose some weight first before starting my first cycle ever or get BIG!!! and then lose the fat. workout history is pretty intense on free weights for last three years.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Welcome to AR

40lbs fat is about 20%, so you should try to get down under 15% before starting an AAS cycle

Please answer ALL the green questions below and we can help you better

especially, AGE, GOALS for the cycle, and PCT knowledge

double post

I am 27 and my goal is to gain muscle mass and not much knowledge on taking gear at all. but after looking on the website and meeting the requirments for a novice beginners cycle. I chose Test E 250 @ 400mg a week and dbol to kick start for first 4 wks @ 30 a day. but i look some what fat now but still stand broad and love to see what a cycle would do for me. but if i need to lose 20lbs first i will wait 2 months then start cycle. but always heard fat helps build muscle.

Archetypes is offline New Member
    I am with SMAN12B - you will benefit greatly by dropping your BF% first.

keep in mind that if you want to lose fat on the cycle, the dbol is gonna put on many pounds of water and make you look fatter. You may be better to kickstart with Prop if you can take the ED shots JMHO

But your still suggesting losing 20 first, or just lose the dbol and pick up the Prop

I know many people are impatient, and think that steroids will magically burn off fat, but that isn't the case. they do not make up for a poor diet.

I would like to see you lose the 20 first, but that is easy for me to tell you to do it the right way since I am sitting behind a computer and not the one that is anxious to get started.

IF you want to put on mass, you will be adding fat to an already 20% BF. IF you can drop the 20lbs naturally, then bulk up, you could end up 20 lbs heavier at the end of the cycle with still less bodyfat, putting on more muscle.
    OR
    If you start already at 20% and try to put on mass, you may end up being 220# and 25%BF

all depends on your dedication to the diet. the steroids will help , but you have to be strict

Ok bro thanks for all the good advice. I will start the diet within the next few days. I may even keep a week by week post of it. And by the way i think i am more than 20% bf. I havent been measured in awhile. but i would say it would take losing 30lbs to be average (not seeing ab lines) and 45 to be cut. So knowing this does that change how much you think i should lose first. i know it sounds like i am beating this, but I want to do whats right.

topnotch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meadexxl
    Ok bro thanks for all the good advice. I will start the diet within the next few days. I may even keep a week by week post of it. And by the way i think i am more than 20% bf. I havent been measured in awhile. but i would say it would take losing 30lbs to be average (not seeing ab lines) and 45 to be cut. So knowing this does that change how much you think i should lose first. i know it sounds like i am beating this, but I want to do whats right.
    What kind of diet are you on right now? Like your protein/carbs/fat and total calories intake?

About 30% p / 30% carbs / 40% fat, @ about 3500 calories which has always done well for me. But i have been consuming more beer the last year, about a case a week (over the course of the week). Me and my buddy starting brewing and everything is turning out excellent. of course for the extra calories.

well until you can commit to a strict diet , steroids are really not for you. You could get more estrogen problems during a cycle with that high of bodyfat.

40% fat in your diet SUCKS !!!

go to the diet forum and check things out there, your diet is WAY off

also you can buy a book from Chris Aceto called " Everything you want to know about fat loss" ]

it will be a big help if you have the dedication to actually do it.

Yes i no 40% does suck. I havent been focusing on diet much just getting strong in the gym. And eating like that really seems to help. i went from 225 @ 8 reps to 225 @ 17 reps. I loved it. but now i want the looks too. So i will not be such a F*ck Nugget and start a good diet. What do you think about high protein low carbs for now, to shed the fat quickier.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    yOUR JUST GOING TO GET FATTER WHEN YOU GO OFF.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Didnt mean for caps. You need to have diet at 100% and BF lower before even considering AS, as stated already above.

Ok so i jumped the gun on making my first order. will it stay good for the next couple of months, so i can get my diet and bf% in check

Yes it will stay good for a long time if you keep it stored in a cool dark place

glad you are gonna wait a bit, that is the smartest thing to do.

Great! my basement sounds perfect. always dark and stays about 65 year round.

Now should my goal for now be losing fat and not worrying about much else.

Cardio for an hr a day 5days a wk, weights 3 days a wk (High reps or What) and low carbs

topnotch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meadexxl
    Great! my basement sounds perfect. always dark and stays about 65 year round.

Now should my goal for now be losing fat and not worrying about much else.

Cardio for an hr a day 5days a wk, weights 3 days a wk (High reps or What) and low carbs
    Even dieting, i'd still hit the weight 4 to 5 nights a week, with a high intensity. I dont think just b/c your dieting to lose some body fat that you need to switch to high reps...The main thing w/ cardio is to make sure you get your heart rate up while doing...look in the diet forum to get a diet plan for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    yOUR JUST GOING TO GET FATTER WHEN YOU GO OFF.
    why would i get fatter after stoping

Thread Information