Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Lower dose when cruising?

When one cruises on test (or stays on a prolonged cycle) do they typically use a lower dose?

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    Yes most who cruise between cycles stay on an hrt dose. Something low like 200mgs/week

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Yes they cruise on around 125mg per wk

Might one do a cycle at 800mgs a week for 10 weeks and then cruise on 200 mgs weekly for a while.

Also, would staying on about 800mgs weekly for over 14 weeks clearly be destructive?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Yes they cruise on around 125mg per wk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    Might one do a cycle at 800mgs a week for 10 weeks and then cruise on 200 mgs weekly for a while.

Also, would staying on about 800mgs weekly for over 14 weeks clearly be destructive?
    Staying on longer doesnt mean more gains, if that was true we would all be over 500lbs+.

Depends what your goals are and what you want to achieve in Bodybuilding but i think for healthly bodybuilding you would be better off stopping a cycle once the gains have stopped or slowed down, once the body slows down growth you wont win, come off and recover

Thanks for the feedback. My goal is to continue to put on size and then make a transition into a cutting cycle for the summer. I would stop the cycle in Aug. I've been on for 9 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Staying on longer doesnt mean more gains, if that was true we would all be over 500lbs+.

Depends what your goals are and what you want to achieve in Bodybuilding but i think for healthly bodybuilding you would be better off stopping a cycle once the gains have stopped or slowed down, once the body slows down growth you wont win, come off and recover

I looked through educational threads and was suprised that there wasn't a thread devoted to this topic. A broader search didn't yield much either.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    id be a little worried about being shut down for so long,especially when your not really gaining anything while your cruising.unless you were going to do a serious cut while cruising i see no benefit.

Old man is offline Banned
    You look a little young for HRT. BUT, if you stay ON long enough, you may NEED to be on HRT. You will get better long term results cycling.

I'm 37. My natural test is not what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Old man
    You look a little young for HRT. BUT, if you stay ON long enough, you may NEED to be on HRT. You will get better long term results cycling.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I'm 37. My natural test is not what it used to be.
    How are your test levels off cycle?

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    does cruising at 200mg a wk shut your own natty test down? ive also heard of guys going from a cyle and pyramiding down, my confusion on this is where do you do pct and if you dont will your body start producing again anyway?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    does cruising at 200mg a wk shut your own natty test down? ive also heard of guys going from a cyle and pyramiding down, my confusion on this is where do you do pct and if you dont will your body start producing again anyway?
    You will cause natural testosterone prodcution to shutdown when using a synthetic one at a high enough dose. Even 100mg/wk of Test Enan will cause shutdown. Unless your on HRT or crusing, come "off", then go "on" again at a later date, possibly after BW.

Being shutdown for long peroids can cause its own problems.

My guess is low. I'm going to get that tested and then I can quantify my answer but I noticed less libido over the last few years and my muscle gains are obviously radically different than me training naturally at 26 years of age. You can sense the change. I'm also more prone to depression (but who's to say that's strictly testosterone ?). I suspect it's a contributing factor. Again, I have to get the blood test while off cycle and recovered to see what's natural for me at 37 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    How are your test levels off cycle?

doittoit is offline Associate Member
    personally if i was 37 id just stay on, but it depens how important bb'ing is to you, its not so much about gains when cruising its avoiding the yo-yo effect and fat gains post cycle, and the dose u use to cruise is dependent on the individual and cycle experience, but typically 150-250mg weekly is preached

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    This subject isn't discussed on this board mainly due to the fact that the majority of members here are either young and naive or they are in no position to be making these kind of decisions with the amount of knowledge they possess. The problem is if this info was discussed more openly some of these guys would actually put themselves on HRT without really considering the consiquences that are to follow. Also I think I can safely say most ppl that visit this forum do not get bloodwork done on a regular basis or have never had it done at all before or after they cycle. Therefore most of the conversations that are made on this board are very basic and elementary as to keep the mass of ppl safe and help them not to hurt themselves. JMO, if anyone gets upset about what I said then you just might fall into the categories I listed above LMAO
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 02-27-2007 at 07:07 PM.

kobiack is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    This subject isn't discussed on this board mainly due to the fact that the majority of members here are either young and naive or they are in no position to be making these kind of decisions with the amount of knowledge they possess. The problem is if this info was discussed more openly some of these guys would actually put themselves on HRT without really considering the consiquences that are to follow. Also I think I can safely say most ppl that visit this forum do not get bloodwork done on a regular basis or have never had it done at all before or after they cycle. Therefore most of the conversations that are made on this board are very basic and elementary as to keep the mass of ppl safe and help them not to hurt themselves. JMO, if anyone gets upset about what I said then you just might fall into the categories I listed above LMAO
    one day, i'll be on HRT, you watch. you'll see. someday when i'm not in those categories, i'll be.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Lmao!

Lol. This sounds all to true. As for me, I'd love to learn more about this topic. At 37, it's highly relevant.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Lmao!
    Spoken like a true cruiser....but very informative!

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Im 37 now myself, and I think I may go this route also. Low dose of test seems to be the overall protocol. Im cruising now on some post surgery. It seems to be helping me by cutting back on some of the atrophy I am experiencing.

Old man is offline Banned
    HRT is great, bro. I just wanted to point out that it is for the rest of your natural life. Which statistically would be another 37 years. I waited until I was 50, but lots of bro's go on HRT/TRT that are in their 20's!!! Good luck

He's spoken................v true

Hey you don't look 50 in the avatar. You look like one of the youngens. And that shit eating smile says it all! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Old man
    HRT is great, bro. I just wanted to point out that it is for the rest of your natural life. Which statistically would be another 37 years. I waited until I was 50, but lots of bro's go on HRT/TRT that are in their 20's!!! Good luck

Hey Maldorf (or old man), can you stagger low dose cruising with full blown cycles? Is that a doable strategy? It would seem to make sense because after a full blown cycle, an older guys natural test (even when recovered after pct) is going to be low so it would seem that gains made from a full blown cycle would be especially hard to maintain. What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Im 37 now myself, and I think I may go this route also. Low dose of test seems to be the overall protocol. Im cruising now on some post surgery. It seems to be helping me by cutting back on some of the atrophy I am experiencing.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    marcus or Ibmfkr if you could pm me some info on hrt, im 32 yrs old and my results were 283 total free test, %free test 1.55, and free test was 44, i understand by these #'s that i am a prime candidate for hrt but i can say im not 100% trusting of what my doc understands about hrt and ive been starting the process w gethrt.com but if you could give me a heads up of what i need to understand and look out for it would be appreciated! oh and sorry for hijacking your thread!or if you just want to post up its cool, im sure everybody reading this would be interested as well.
    Last edited by bpm1; 03-01-2007 at 04:25 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I get down to 250 mgs, then slowly lower it until I feel my sex drive and energy are at a "normal" level for myself. Theres no set amount, your test could be underdosed ,find what works for you.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Hey Maldorf (or old man), can you stagger low dose cruising with full blown cycles? Is that a doable strategy? It would seem to make sense because after a full blown cycle, an older guys natural test (even when recovered after pct) is going to be low so it would seem that gains made from a full blown cycle would be especially hard to maintain. What say you?
    I really do feel like what you say is true, it is much harder now to maintain gains from a cycle once you come off. Test levels arent what they used to be. Shouldnt really be a problem stagger low dose test with full blown cycles. I am liking short cycles now, 4-6 weeks, after Marcus' posts turned me on to them. I ran one not long ago and put on just about as much mass and strength as I used to put on during a 12 week cycle. Im going to give that a go again and then do a very short pct. After the pct I plan on going on low dose test for a few weeks.

Thread Information