Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member

2 Infections Already? WTF?

So I've been on my first cycle ever for the past 3.5 weeks. Been injecting (test e from reputible ugl) eod in either my arse, thigh, delts, and now bisep.

1st injection into delt went in TERRIBLY. Hurt like hell - felt like the muscle was ripping - and I don't think it was deep enough. It was sore for days. 1st injection into other shoulder hurt like hell too, and got infected! Turned red and skin was hot and a hard little ball was under the skin, so ive been on antibiotics for about a week and that's gone away.

Now, last night I did a shot into my bicep for the first time. It went in fine but now is sore as hell, there's a red splotch and skin is warm. FVUK!!!!! It feels the same as the shoulder did when it got infected! WTF?? Please help. I'm doing everything to keep it sterile - alcohol on the vial and skin - no touching pin on anything - wash my hands?? Also, why is it that the only 3 shots into arm have been so bad? Where as alll the rest were fine, barley even sore? I don't think it's something wrong with the test or else i would have gotten infections at every injection site, right?

I've put on 17 pounds already, in fact I am proud to say I weigh over 200 for the first time in my life, so obviously I don't want to stop. Any ideas guys? I appreciate it.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    What kind of syringes are you using???...sure its an infection?...sounds like a skin reaction and normal reaction to shot...alsao might be the way you're injecting.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll kick u in the ballz! and give u an infection there too!!!

Just kidding bro.. I know its Safety first.. but if u have never injected before in your life, u might be overreacting.
    There is going to be bruising under the skin no matter what, u are using needle and cutting through your body.
    Also the TEST is gonna get a little bit of a reaction out of your immune system, that can cause redness. Thirdly, there is alcohol in the mixtures also, and alcohol does burn.

boDAWG is offline Member
    so im not a pro at this or anything, but ive been on test e for a few weeks now and the reason my skin did that is because i injected too fast and did it at a bad angle, i would say its a skin reaction, i have a cool doctor that i talked to about it and he confirmed that it was just a skin reaction, i mean it is a steroid not a lotion

Z12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    What kind of syringes are you using???...sure its an infection?...sounds like a skin reaction and normal reaction to shot...alsao might be the way you're injecting.
    I'm using the terumo syringes, which I've read aren't the best quality. You're right, maybe I'm a little premature in saying its an infection, but it feels and looks the same as when it got infected. I'll give it a few days to see. It's definitely warm/hot to the touch though??

Z12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks
    I'll kick u in the ballz! and give u an infection there too!!!

Just kidding bro.. I know its Safety first.. but if u have never injected before in your life, u might be overreacting.
    There is going to be bruising under the skin no matter what, u are using needle and cutting through your body.
    Also the TEST is gonna get a little bit of a reaction out of your immune system, that can cause redness. Thirdly, there is alcohol in the mixtures also, and alcohol does burn.
    It's more the heat that I'm worried about....

Snrf is offline Banned
    are u swabbing the top of the vial with an alcohol pad b4 u withdraw? are you swabbing the area you inject? are you washing your hands THOROUGHLY with hot water and soap b4 you inject?

gotta be anal about cleanliness

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    why not just keep the injections in the areas that dont bother you? i only do injections in my arse (my wife actually does them) ive never had an issue except the day she was pissed at me and tried to stab me clean through the other side! not only that ive read u get greater absorbtion in the glutial area, dont know if thats true or not but hey what if it is?

Z12
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    are u swabbing the top of the vial with an alcohol pad b4 u withdraw? are you swabbing the area you inject? are you washing your hands THOROUGHLY with hot water and soap b4 you inject?

gotta be anal about cleanliness
    Yes, yes, and yes. The only thing I can think of is that I put everything on my desk before shooting, and your desk is supposed to be the dirtiest place, etc. But even then I usually put the stuff on a papertowel.

Z12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    why not just keep the injections in the areas that dont bother you? i only do injections in my arse (my wife actually does them) ive never had an issue except the day she was pissed at me and tried to stab me clean through the other side! not only that ive read u get greater absorbtion in the glutial area, dont know if thats true or not but hey what if it is?
    Thats what I was thinking, just keep shooting below the waist. But I've been injecting eod, so from what I understand you are supposed to rotate spots so that scar tissure doesn't build up and just to give the site time to rest. I could try my calf, although they are pretty pathetic in size, so I don't know if size of the muscle determines whether or not to shoot there???

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i had to give my wife progesterone injections ed and i was instructed to rotate sides but they were always in the glute, she never had a problem.

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    What length are the needles you are using? I dunno if it would matter but maybe it is not going deep enough?

I have never had the problem but I havent seen that mentioned so I thought I would throw it out there...

Also, are you using the needle you draw with to do the injection?

Where are you storing your vials? Are they out in the open where the could collect various things?

I am assuming you are using indivudually packaged sterile needles?

deadliftin00 is offline Junior Member
    oh my lord man why are you doing bicep injections for your first cycle of Test E? That is 2 shots a week, just do glutes, way easier.

And the "infection" may be in your head. I know my first cycle I had all sorts of paranoia going on.

topnotch is offline Member
    Yeah, kind of curious at why running test E and doing it eod? only need twice a week...and how are you already gaining that much weight at 3.5 weeks? Most say it doesnt' kick in that soon.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    lol... bpm no body wants to see ur buldging package in your avatar... haha

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Z12....if you didnt require anti-biotics to remedy the problem then it wasn't an infection..Had it actually been an infection the injection site would be gangrenous by now and your blood stream would probably be septic equaling death. If it went away on its own it was not an infection and you need to just listen to the advice in this thread.

Inject 2x week, each glute, or do each glute and each quad..If it continues to bother you order some B12 and dillute it in that, should definately ease the pain.

chest6 is offline Banned
    That doesnt sound like an infection.

I was told not to worry unless you start getting a fever...getting sick..

Those symptoms you described...hot skin..ball under skin..was told not to worry about by another member here...

Z12
    Quote Originally Posted by topnotch
    Yeah, kind of curious at why running test E and doing it eod? only need twice a week...and how are you already gaining that much weight at 3.5 weeks? Most say it doesnt' kick in that soon.
    I was worried about getting acne and read that by shooting eod, test levels in blood are more stable and might help reduce sides, so thats why eod. As far as kicking in, I front loaded and did a little over 1000mg the first week. Also, I'm sure a lot of that weight is due to my diet - I've been getting proably twice the calories I used to, but I don't seem fatter around the midsection, and I def notice big difference in muscles and vascularity.

Z12
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    Z12....if you didnt require anti-biotics to remedy the problem then it wasn't an infection..Had it actually been an infection the injection site would be gangrenous by now and your blood stream would probably be septic equaling death. If it went away on its own it was not an infection and you need to just listen to the advice in this thread.

Inject 2x week, each glute, or do each glute and each quad..If it continues to bother you order some B12 and dillute it in that, should definately ease the pain.
    I did require antibiotics for the infection in the shoulder. The doctor shot something in my butt and then I was on pills - keflex?? - for a week or so, but now its gone. She said it was a cellulitus infection.

I think I'm just gonna rotate between ass and thigh, which hasn't bothered me at all in the past, still eod - I'll just stay away from shooting in my arms

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Z12
    I did require antibiotics for the infection in the shoulder. The doctor shot something in my butt and then I was on pills - keflex?? - for a week or so, but now its gone. She said it was a cellulitus infection.

I think I'm just gonna rotate between ass and thigh, which hasn't bothered me at all in the past, still eod - I'll just stay away from shooting in my arms
    Ok in that case I can understand because I got an infection in my glute that required Ciproflaxin. Cellulitis is kind of a broad term for an infection of the cells in that area, it was probably staph. You really are not doing anything wrong except you probably need to swab the area better with alcohol. But you actually have staph covering all your skin, and if a little bit of that from the surface gets pushed into the muscle that equals a nice infection.

Z12
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    Ok in that case I can understand because I got an infection in my glute that required Ciproflaxin. Cellulitis is kind of a broad term for an infection of the cells in that area, it was probably staph. You really are not doing anything wrong except you probably need to swab the area better with alcohol. But you actually have staph covering all your skin, and if a little bit of that from the surface gets pushed into the muscle that equals a nice infection.
    Yea, that's what she said - staph. I'll try to be even more careful, swab better, etc. Thanks man.

finny is offline Associate Member
    Are you using 1 1/2", 23 gauge needle? That would be the one to use for the glutes. You will probably have to use 18ga to draw into syringe, then switch the needles around for injection.

Thread Information