davidinvienna is offline Associate Member

Advice Asap Please!

head of my Test E amp cracked on opening - possibly some glass inside... defo some fragments of that white thread inside! still safe to use? i mean does that glass fit thru a 23g needle or should i dump the amp?? i dont really want to throw it if i dont hav to!

gear looks clean in syringe - cant see any fragments there. think i ll give it a go!

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Its just an amp. Chuck it.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I hate it when that happens... it's a judgement call on your end. If it shattered bad; it might be a wasted amp... sucks when that happens.

i checked an dble checked the liquid in the syringe and it looked clean so I just did it ... however another Q: since i shot my left glut (i m right handed) it was a bit of a twist n turn situation ... managed to do it tho with a mirror. when i aspirated i only had a bubble of air come back - no blood at all - and when i injected it was quite hard to get all the gear in which should indicate that i was right in the muscle ... however when i pulled the needle out i had a little blood ... due to the damn twistin round i cudnt avoid that the needle moved a lil inside .... u reckon i pierced a vein or is that lil blood quite common even if i havent???

ph34rsh4ck is offline Member
    cya in the afterlife

Yeah - probably, no big deal. The chance of actually threadin one and injecting IV is quite remote... you're fine. But if your glutes are getting hard to inject into, you may be developing a build up of scar tissue. You should rotate to another site and let them heal a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by ph34rsh4ck
    cya in the afterlife
    Pfft...

Quote Originally Posted by ph34rsh4ck
    cya in the afterlife

not that easy to have me bite the dust mate

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Yeah - probably, no big deal. The chance of actually threadin one and injecting IV is quite remote... you're fine. But if your glutes are getting hard to inject into, you may be developing a build up of scar tissue. You should rotate to another site and let them heal a bit...

in case i nicked a vein on that one would the gear still be fully absorbed into the system? may seem a stupid question but one i really cant answer for myself!
    btw - i only shoot twice/wk so usually rotate glutes only ... gave my thigh a try last week but that had me in a hell lotta pain for bout 4 days .... thot i was gona be on crutches the 2nd day after injecting!

Yeah, it's in there. As long as you feel it puncture twice - once through the skin, the second through the muscle fascia. If you built up pressure from hitting a blood vessel some could leak out of the site... any clear fluid or just blood?

In the future, pull the skin to the side first - then insert the pin, aspirate and remove - then let the skin go so it slides over the site. This helps minimize bleeding by giving it a less direct route to the surface.

defo felt puncture twice - 1st the skin then the 1 1/4" went bout 2/3 in ... felt a lil "barrier" and had 2push down the needle a lil more 2go in the muscle ... drop of blood looked solid red - so not diluted as far as i can tell... i swiped it with alc swab immediately

think i ll stick to rotating right glute & right thigh .... a lot easier then tryin to do the left backside thing!
    Last edited by davidinvienna; 03-08-2007 at 01:48 PM.

njoy

yea thx for the advice warrior! as long as the gear is 100% in i m happy

Thread Information