bia7485 is offline New Member

Question My silly ass doctor

Does anyone have any idea why my "Sports Nutrition" consultant has no problem prescribing me the astronomical priced Saizen, and the ineffective Androgel , but does not want to write one for injections of something that might actually work. Is there kickbacks to Doc's who flood the pharmacy with HGH scripts.
    Thanks for the feedback

jagdpanther is offline Member
    I think (not know) Androgel is weaker and less effective. My dad's primary prescribed some patches to him that I think were androgel but it was a while ago. If I recall they were 5mg. Funny thing is the doctor would have gladly given him injections when I made the recommendation, but my dad wasn't up for it.
    Back to your question with all the media hype around steroids these days I think some doctors feel that their decisions will be less scrutinized if they recommend the patch. Plus less hassle - no injections.

If my premise is right and it truly has gotten to the point were doctors are making decisions based on staying under the radar rather then a patient's best interest it is a sad day.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jagdpanther
    I think (not know) Androgel is weaker and less effective. My dad's primary prescribed some patches to him that I think were androgel but it was a while ago. If I recall they were 5mg. Funny thing is the doctor would have gladly given him injections when I made the recommendation, but my dad wasn't up for it.
    Back to your question with all the media hype around steroids these days I think some doctors feel that their decisions will be less scrutinized if they recommend the patch. Plus less hassle - no injections.

If my premise is right and it truly has gotten to the point were doctors are making decisions based on staying under the radar rather then a patient's best interest it is a sad day.
    Not to mention Insurance Companies as well. They dictate to the Docs what they will and won't pay for! Amazing times we live in....... They want the Docs to prescribe what they have on formulary (Deal struck w/ big Pharma).

Find a Doc that isn't scared of his own shadow or tell him so!
    There are other Doc's.

MJ

jagdpanther is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Not to mention Insurance Companies as well. They dictate to the Docs what they will and won't pay for! Amazing times we live in....... They want the Docs to prescribe what they have on formulary (Deal struck w/ big Pharma).

Find a Doc that isn't scared of his own shadow or tell him so!
    There are other Doc's.

MJ
    Insurance companies! Somehow I forgot about that one. Excellent point.

LivinItUp is offline Associate Member
    money grubbing sluts.. insurance companies and big pharm companies are a big rip off..

Thread Information