renman8 is offline Junior Member

How to Size up a Source?

I am a member of another board and was not fishing for a source but started talking about a Deca only cycle a couple of guys I know have tried, and another member (with 3k+ posts) PM'd me a test source. He sent me a guy's email address and said its legit and that he was happy to help, and to say that he sent me. The source is domestic, all I have is an email address. (Please do not ask me for the address noobs, I will not give it)

My question is, with all the online pm'ing scammers out there, how do you size up a source like this? What do you guys think would be the best way to go about emailing this guy? I doubt he is Johnny Law but I also dont want to get scammed. What do you all think? I obviously don't have enough info on the source to do a source check with a mod. Any advice on what my approach should be is welcomed.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    If you weren't looking for a source and didn't mention it, its kind of odd that he would just send you a domestic out of the blue. I'd definitely be hesitant about that one.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Correct...sources will more than likely not solicate...especially if he doesnt know you...

Yeah thats how I feel. I think he thought I was fishing because I was saying that my boys only had access to Deca and so running it with Test wasnt an option. The guy is a respected member of the board, not a mod though. So I'm just not sure if I should proceed with using the email or not and what to even say.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Yep, thats how i got ripped off. A guy on this board who goes by K***a Pm'd me a list. took my money and ran. What a petty faggot.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    did you speak to someone about that???

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY
    Yep, thats how i got ripped off. A guy on this board who goes by K***a Pm'd me a list. took my money and ran. What a petty faggot.
    That really sucks man. So weak. Thanks for the feedback.

Was or is he a respected member with a long history of activity? I would think the scammers would work under different names and have under 100 posts. But who knows...

No he was not a respected or very active member. Just a real douche!! I have reported him to lots of the mods and admin.

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    some of you guys really need to learn to never buy from any source who found you, real sources you will have to go and find them, they just wont come to you out of nowhere, only scammers will

Quote Originally Posted by x_moe
    some of you guys really need to learn to never buy from any source who found you, real sources you will have to go and find them, they just wont come to you out of nowhere, only scammers will
    You will have to go find them? I would think the average board member would be insulted if you asked them for a source. If I had a steady source and someone asked me for it, I would probably say no, simply bc you don't know if they are Johnny Law.

Im sure most of these guys are scammers but Im inclined to think that there are some legit ones out there. Sounds like I shouldnt even waste my time with the email though....

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by renman8
    My question is, with all the online pm'ing scammers out there, how do you size up a source like this?
    By meating the site requirements for a source check which are 45 days membership and 100 post....

Once achived then ask a willing mod or vet for a source check....

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    You will have to go find them? I would think the average board member would be insulted if you asked them for a source. If I had a steady source and someone asked me for it, I would probably say no, simply bc you don't know if they are Johnny Law.

Im sure most of these guys are scammers but Im inclined to think that there are some legit ones out there. Sounds like I shouldnt even waste my time with the email though....
    when i say go find them i dont mean go ask members for a source, im saying a legit source will not just email you out of nowhere and ask you if you want to buy gear

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE
    By meating the site requirements for a source check which are 45 days membership and 100 post....

Once achived then ask a willing mod or vet for a source check....
    Yeah I realize that but its just an email address. I dont even have the name of a lab or anything like that so I suspect a source check cannot be done simply with an email address.

I just read a post one of the mods put up about source checks and I believe there was a list of 7 items you need, correct?

TolVlo is offline Junior Member

there are also a lot of scammer lists out there too.
    You could try searching for the email you have in one of those

thats how I felt about it too.

Thanks guys you have answered my question. I am not going try and make contact. Most likely it is a scammer. Instead I am going to overseas route, so cross my fingers and wish me luck, seems like nothing gets through costums these days.

Although I doubt those who are getting their stuff through customs are posting about it. You only hear about the seizures and not the delivaries..

ShaneMack is offline Banned
    you would have to be an idiot to reply to someone who wants to sell you roids....dobie-boy sorry to hear you got burned...now atleast you have learned something but im sure you will get burned again....get a clue dobie hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneMack
    you would have to be an idiot to reply to someone who wants to sell you roids....dobie-boy sorry to hear you got burned...now atleast you have learned something but im sure you will get burned again....get a clue dobie hahaha

As hard as this is to do................................NO RESPONSE.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Yeah thats quite a first post. Way to make an entrance...

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    Yeah thats quite a first post. Way to make an entrance...
    EXACTLY. Man I love these smileys. they make me LMFAO. Anyone know where I can get them for my personal emails?
    Last edited by Dobie-BOY; 03-22-2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: ADD

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    first post and already insulting...hmmm....

Information is offline Information
    Kalla is a scammer. Stop making member accounts to scam people.

Kalla
    ShaneMack
    www.SteroidCleanse.com

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days!

Props to #ADMIN#!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by #Admin#
    Kalla is a scammer. Stop making member accounts to scam people.

Kalla
    ShaneMack
    Good lookin out #Admin

samsaige is offline Junior Member

scammers

Great thread. I just had to throw in that i had someone in this forum approach me about product they had for sale.

He kept sending emails asking if i was ready to start buying. having visited this forum and reading a lot , i made a decision to assume that he is a scammer,

you are right, he was way to eager to "sell", to the point where he emailed me every day, and then he offered me $** off the $*** cycle.

TOOOOOOOOO pushy

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    No one has ever offered me gear before.

Please do not p.m me about it. This was a joke.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Why not just register with the banner at the top of this page..'Get your suppliers list here.'? Gtg from wat i hear..

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samsaige
    Great thread. I just had to throw in that i had someone in this forum approach me about product they had for sale.

He kept sending emails asking if i was ready to start buying. having visited this forum and reading a lot , i made a decision to assume that he is a scammer,

you are right, he was way to eager to "sell", to the point where he emailed me every day, and then he offered me $** off the $*** cycle.

TOOOOOOOOO pushy
    and why didn't you email admin or a mod here to report that?

Information is offline Information
    Quote Originally Posted by samsaige

TOOOOOOOOO pushy
    Please PM the member's name.
    www.SteroidCleanse.com

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days!

Quote Originally Posted by TolVlo
    there are also a lot of scammer lists out there too.
    You could try searching for the email you have in one of those
    As far as I know scammers lists are no longer posted. This is a good idea however. I guess I will get have to get my posts up and then PM a mod to see if they can check their scammers list. Thanks.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    An email addy is all you really need for a source check.

A lab name means nothing. I can say i'm lab xyz which is a legitimate lab. But if your emailing the wrong addy for it your going to get scammed.

Go to other boards that openly talk about sources. You can find out a lot about the source you may be looking at. Also there aren't ho-la hoops to do a source check.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Guys, please use some common sense. If a guy with very little reputation approaches you with a source, why would you put any faith into it? There's a lot of scammers roaming these boards looking for fresh meat. Be smart. Get a source check.

Thanks guys I didn't realize all you needed was an email address. I will check some other boards out. I am far from having 100 posts here and am not about to start posting useless comments to get my numbers up.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Thanks guys I didn't realize all you needed was an email address. I will check some other boards out. I am far from having 100 posts here and am not about to start posting useless comments to get my numbers up.
    I would email the source ask him for referecnes and ask him what boards he is on and what name he goes by

Thats a great idea. I will do so, thanks for the info. Also I just checked the scammers list on getswole and the email address is not on there.... cool feature of that board though, if you have not seen it you guys should check it out. You type in the email or source name and if its on a list it comes up...

heavylifter99 is offline Junior Member
    great idea, always use common sense.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    99% of the time a "source" will NOT contact you. a SCAMMER will.

Most, if not all, work by reference ONLY.

ALWAYS verify your "source" with a Mod/Monitor/Vet here. ALWAYS.

If its too good to be true...It usually is.

scottish is offline Associate Member
    Def. sounds to good to be true..

To the one poster a few posts up about smileys. Heres a few for ya..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Size up a Source?-bsflag.gif   How to Size up a Source?-stripper2.gif  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    99% of the time a "source" will NOT contact you. a SCAMMER will.

Most, if not all, work by reference ONLY.

ALWAYS verify your "source" with a Mod/Monitor/Vet here. ALWAYS.

If its too good to be true...It usually is.
    Exactly! The best sources don't need to advertise. Word of mouth will get more than enough business for a source if he's good. As it is in most cases, you MUST have a reference from another customer or VET/Mod/Monitor. And if someone is kind enough to refer you, be respectful and professional so as to not make them look bad.

Thread Information