tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Receptor Conclusions.....Pro's please chime in

Ok....so after reading and searching the post's on this site....and digesting MUCH OF THE TECHNICAL jargon....(wow)....i have come to this one conclusion.

The more Juice you do...the more receptors you create (because of upregulation). Therefore, the more experience you have with AAS, the more you will need in your next cycle.

Constructive comments are welcomed and appreciated....thanks!

tcw
    bump

vadim_b1 is offline New Member
    In a nutshell, youre right. However there are more factors involved.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw
    Ok....so after reading and searching the post's on this site....and digesting MUCH OF THE TECHNICAL jargon....(wow)....i have come to this one conclusion.

The more Juice you do...the more receptors you create (because of upregulation). Therefore, the more experience you have with AAS, the more you will need in your next cycle.

Doesn't prove true with my body.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    This is a very grey area. Not much is known about steroids and why they become less effective over time and more is needed.

tcw
    Hmmm.... its amazing with the amount of research done...why we don't know more about this.

tcw
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Doesn't prove true with my body.

Gix....How much AAS are you doing and how long is your cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    This is a very grey area. Not much is known about steroids and why they become less effective over time and more is needed.
    I suspect it has more to do with bodyweight. In other words, if it takes you 2 grams a week to go from 175lbs t0 225lbs, then it's going to take you a portion of that dose just to maintain your new *unnatural* bodyweight. Then you take the portion that you need to stay/maintain at that weight, and it doesn't "count" towards adding new weight. If you want to gain more weight, you need to take your maintenance dose (the one you need to keep "on" all the time to stay at our hypothetical 225lbs), and now add more mgs to gain.

Once you gain more weight, your maintenance dose goes up, and your next cycle has to be mgs added to that new dose reauired to maintain your weight.

That's the best I can come up with.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    I suspect it has more to do with bodyweight. In other words, if it takes you 2 grams a week to go from 175lbs t0 225lbs, then it's going to take you a portion of that dose just to maintain your new *unnatural* bodyweight. Then you take the portion that you need to stay/maintain at that weight, and it doesn't "count" towards adding new weight. If you want to gain more weight, you need to take your maintenance dose (the one you need to keep "on" all the time to stay at our hypothetical 225lbs), and now add more mgs to gain.

Once you gain more weight, your maintenance dose goes up, and your next cycle has to be mgs added to that new dose reauired to maintain your weight.

That's the best I can come up with.
    So then that should mean everyone should lose all steroid -induced muscle growth after coming off, no matter if they do a proper PCT or not. Everyone has to come off sooner or later, and from what you are saying, the factor that ***ends whether or not you 'keep' your gains are your testosterone levels . In this case, your natural levels after a cycle are much, much lower than what you've been injecting into yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    So then that should mean everyone should lose all steroid-induced muscle growth after coming off, no matter if they do a proper PCT or not. Everyone has to come off sooner or later, and from what you are saying, the factor that ***ends whether or not you 'keep' your gains are your testosterone levels. In this case, your natural levels after a cycle are much, much lower than what you've been injecting into yourself...
    No...you shouldn't lose all of it. You should keep some, but it's very unlikely that you'd keep all of it. If you kept all of it, then it's likely that you'd have gotten to that point without steroids . But yes...if your endocrine system can not support X-weight, then you will not maintain it, most likely.

Doing PCT gives you the advantage of avoiding a very catabolic crash, where most people lose the majority of their gains (if they're going to lose them)...it's likely that by getting your HPTA up and running as quickly as possible, your body will be able to hold onto a higher setpoint of bodyweight than previously. I also suspect that the longer you stay at a high body weight, the better your chances of retaining more when you come off. Look at Craig Titus, when he first got out of prison...he was still decently big, as was Dave Palumbo...because they held that weight (Chemically) for so long, they were able to maintain quite a bit of it.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw
    O

I feel that is a faulty conclussion.
    I have to look into that one..
    Dont forget to take stuff like SHBG into consideration when studying effectiveness.
    Last edited by Pooks; 04-19-2007 at 07:37 AM.

Thread Information