magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Question ONE OF OUR QUINTESSENTIAL Q'S: Do some steroids literally “burn fat”?

STEROID QUESTION: Do some steroids literally “burn fat”?

I'm really tired of hearing apparently parroted information regarding steroids’, namely Var and Tren , inability to incite fat loss. Please read their respective profiles which clearly refute such rhetoric by illustrating the diametric opposite:

Anavar may be what we’d call a “fat-burning steroid ”. A**ominal and visceral fat were both reduced in one study when subjects in the low/normal natural testosterone range used Anavar (4).
    … Absolute change in total fat mass (A) and trunk fat (B)
    … means you can lose a bunch of fat during your time on, then keep most (if not all) of it off until your next cycle.

-http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=199816
    Trenbolone is extraordinarily good as a fat loss agent.
    It is a little known fact is that androgen receptors are found in fat cells as well as muscle cells(10), androgens act directly on the A.R in fat cells to affect fat burning.(11) the stronger the androgen binds to the A.R, the higher the lipolytic (fat burning) effect on adipose tissue (fat)(11). Since some steroids even increase the numbers of A.R in muscle and fat (11, 12) this fat loss effect would be amplified…

-http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=199832
    As for the former, the execution of only a cursory internet search quickly generated the following studies.

Presented for your approval (or disapproval as the case may be) are three very different studies (goal, orientation, methodology & subject demography), all of which conclusively agree that Oxandrolone (A.K.A. Anavar) does indeed possess the statistically significant effect of reducing fat stores throughout the body, which translates into genuine fat loss.

These studies also agree that although muscular development from said compound may be temporal, as based on certain variables (wasting disease, progressive aging, lack of continued muscle stimulus, etc.) the aforementioned fat loss is in fact quite well sustained. This is of course not to say that through the employment of various metabolic abuses (lack of exercise, poor eating habits, improper dieting, etc.) that one can never replenish said fat stores, as such a remark would be ludicrous.

For those who, after reviewing both profiles and the diversity of studies provided, would still like to believe that steroids don’t actually burn fat I say “FINE”, to each his own. But please refrain from overtly lying to other members and visitors in this regard. I fully understand the spirit in which such sanctions are presented; primarily to discourage gear abuse and misuse, however that doesn’t make such declarations true, nor should such mistruths continue to reverberate throughout the forum. Slight discretion on your part can easily permit the co-existence of these values for example, "Clinical studies have proven, and been validated by member testimony that these compounds do indeed burn fat. However, they're effects are optimized by, and should not be considered a substitute for sound diet and exercise." Well maybe less verbose, but you get the gist.

Thanks for your ear,

M.

-------------------------------------------

Treatment with oxandrolone and the durability of effects in older men

E. Todd Schroeder,1,4 Ling Zheng,2 Kevin E. Yarasheski,3 Dajun Qian,2 Yolanda Stewart,2 Carla Flores,2 Carmen Martinez,2 Michael Terk,4,5 and Fred R. Sattler1,2,41

Division of Infectious Diseases, ***artment of Medicine, 2General Clinical Research Center, and 5***artment of Radiology,
    Keck School of Medicine, and 4***artment of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California,
    Los Angeles, California 90033; and 3Divisions of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Lipid Research and Cell Biology and
    Physiology, ***artment of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
    Submitted 31 July 2003; accepted in final form 17 October 2003
    J Appl Physiol 96: 1055–1062, 2004.
    First published October 24, 2003; 10.1152/japplphysiol.00808.2003.

RESULTS:
    Fat mass. There was a significant (P _ 0.03) group _ time interaction for total fat mass. Oxandrolone reduced whole body fat mass (_1.9 _ 1.0 kg, P _ 0.001; Fig. 3A) and trunk fat mass (_1.3 _ 0.6 kg, P _ 0.001; Fig. 3B), whereas placebo did not (whole body _ _0.2 _ 1.0 kg, P _ 0.58; trunk _0.0 _ 0.7 kg; P _ 0.87). The decreases in whole body and trunk fat mass were greater in the oxandrolone group than in the placebo group (P _ 0.001). After oxandrolone was discontinued (week 24), whole body and trunk fat were still less than baseline (_1.5 _ 1.8 kg, P _ 0.001; _1.0 _ 1.1 kg, P _0.001, respectively).

http://www.anabolicfitness.net/libra...lder%20men.pdf

Evaluation of the Effects of Oxandrolone on Malnourished HIV-Positive Pediatric Patients
    Sarah Fox-Wheeler, MSN*, Linda Heller, MS, RD, CSP*, Cathleen M. Salata, RN*, Francine Kaufman, MD , M. Louisa Loro, MD§, Vincente Gilsanz, MD§, Michael Haight, MD , Gwenn C. Umman, RN, PhD¶, Norman Barton, MD, PhD#, and Joseph A. Church, MD*

PEDIATRICS Vol. 104 No. 6 December 1999, p. e73

RESULTS:
    ...The rate of weight gain increased during treatment and was maintained after treatment. Linear growth continued and was maintained throughout treatment, whereas bone age did not increase significantly. Anthropometric assessments indicated an increase in muscle mass and a decrease in fat while patients were on treatment...
    ...Fat, as measured by TSF, was significantly decreased (M = .75 mm; P = .05).
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...full/104/6/e73

Effects of Androgen Therapy on Adipose Tissue and Metabolism in Older Men
    E. Todd Schroeder, Ling Zheng, Michelle D. Ong, Carmen Martinez, Carla Flores, Yolanda Stewart, Colleen Azen and Fred R. Sattler
    ***artment of Medicine and Division of Infectious Diseases (E.T.S., F.R.S.), General Clinical Research Center, Keck School of Medicine (L.Z., C.M., C.F., Y.S., C.A., F.R.S.), and ***artment of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy (E.T.S., M.D.O., F.R.S.), University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033

RESULTS:
    We investigated the effects of oxandrolone on regional fat compartments and markers of metabolism. Thirty-two 60- to 87-yr-old men (body mass index, 28.1 ± 3.4 kg/m2) were randomized to oxandrolone (20 mg/d; n = 20) or matching placebo (n = 12) treatment for 12 wk. Oxandrolone reduced total (–1.8 ± 1.0 kg; P < 0.001), trunk (–1.2 ± 0.6 kg; P < 0.001), and appendicular (–0.6 ± 0.6 kg; P < 0.001) fat, as determined by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry. The changes in total and trunk fat were greater (P < 0.001) than the changes with placebo.
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...ull/89/10/4863

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i figured nothing less from ya, well constructed.
    personal experience, tren burns fat, no doubt bout that.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Let us also not forget Masteron . WHich not only burns fat, but has its own Anti-E affects.

I think this whole "doesn't burn fat" was started to prevent fat asses from using gear when they are not ready for gear as a fast easy cure all to their own slob-like lazy ass behaivor and eating habits.

But you are definately on point with your post. Even as dangerous as it may be to post that openly.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Good Post.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy
    Let us also not forget Masteron . WHich not only burns fat, but has its own Anti-E affects.

I think this whole "doesn't burn fat" was started to prevent fat asses from using gear when they are not ready for gear as a fast easy cure all to their own slob-like lazy ass behaivor and eating habits.

But you are definately on point with your post. Even as dangerous as it may be to post that openly.
    Yeah, Masteron definitely.

I also agree that the reason, many don't advocate steroid 's ability to promote fat loss is because of all the lazy people that would use them as a crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    Yeah, Masteron definitely.

I also agree that the reason, many don't advocate steroid 's ability to promote fat loss is because of all the lazy people that would use them as a crutch.
    Man, I have to laugh everytime I see our avatar. It just reminds me of Vanilla Ice back in the day. . .LOL

The hair you gave yourself I guess.

Were you his double in "Cool as Ice?"

Just messing with you bro. Looking quite lean there too BTW

SONIC BOOM!!!!
    Flash Kick!

LOL, my next cycle is going to be

Tren A 400/WK
    Mast A 400/WK
    Var 100 ed
    and Prop 150 ED

I want to be in low single digits!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy

I can only truly vouch for Var as the clinical studies consistently use and authenticate its fat burning properties. Although the reputations of Tren and Mast are substantial leaving me no reason to doubt them, to my knowledge neither is run in research studies and thus not clinically confirmed.

True, and I acquiesced to the reasoning behind this falsehood, however it's still better to be honest.

As for the dangers of posting in defense of TRUTH, well my only regret is that I have but one life to give for my forum!
    - Nathan Hale (loosely paraphrased)

M.
    Last edited by magic32; 06-25-2007 at 08:54 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Good read,

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Good post Magic. And yeah, Titleist's hair reminds me of Guile on Street Fighters. SONIC BOOOOOMMMMM!!! HAHA. I love it.

Big Papi JR. is offline Junior Member
    great thread... i've been advocating this for some time now

winny05 is offline Banned
    testosterone by logic burns fat (in some proportion) but the estrogen conversion turns things around (if is not controlled with an AI or AE)

goonstopher is offline Junior Member
    Did we all forget - Winny get you RIIIIIIIPED bro!!!

I swear to god some kids will say that if you take one weak cycle of winny you will look like you are in competition shape, hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Good post Magic. And yeah, Titleist's hair reminds me of Guile on Street Fighters. SONIC BOOOOOMMMMM!!! HAHA. I love it.
    seriously .. could u come along any later?
    i made that comment other day..
    someone said he looks like vanilla ice im like
    SONIC BOOM
    Flash Kick!

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    put a pirate hat on him and he's captain morgan.........

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I'm doing 100mg Tren -A everyday and I'm not losing fat

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Point taken, Mast is certainly a member of this category, but I most often hear such propaganda in reference to Var and Tren .

True, and I acquiesced to the reasoning behind this falsehood, however it's still better to be honest.

As for the dangers of posting in defense of TRUTH, well my only regret is that I have but one life to give for my forum!

M.
    I totally agree about the truth aspect. You will never find a post by me where I disagree with the fat burning properties of said gear. (I know you never said I said otherwise, just making a statement)

Everyone wants to say you can cut with anything or you can bulk with anything, its all diet. While there is a lot of truth to that, you can still cut BETTER with some things than others.

Now obviously to see the fat burning effects of tren, mast, or var, your diet does need to be pretty much on point. You can't be eating banana splits 3 tims a week crying that you aren't burning fat,

But the bottom line is this. Reguardless of which gear burns fat the most, it should not be used as a crutch by 30% body fat novices to get leaner. The sides of gear in people who are not physically, mentally and dietarily ready for it are far worse. Your body much be in a proper state of well being to SAFELY use gear.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    seriously .. could u come along any later?
    i made that comment other day..
    someone said he looks like vanilla ice im like
    SONIC BOOM
    Flash Kick!
    Haha. I freaking love Guile. I think it might of been the catalyst for me wanting to join the army. That, and GI Joe.

The hair, it's all about the hair. I'm gonna grow it like that and see if I can't pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    I'm doing 100mg Tren -A everyday and I'm not losing fat
    Quote from an above post:

I can only truly vouch for Var as the clinical studies consistently use and authenticate its fat burning properties. Although the reputations of Tren and Mast are substantial leaving me no reason to doubt them, to my knowledge neither is run in research studies and thus not clinically confirmed.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by magic32

M.
    We can't deduce that they burn fat but we can induce it. For example, androgen receptor binding strength has been found to be lipolytic proportionate to that strength, and we know that tren binds very tightly to the androgen receptor. I think I referenced that in the Tren Profile.

As for masteron , all we really have is anecdotal evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    We can't deduce that they burn fat but we can induce it. For example, androgen receptor binding strength has been found to be lipolytic proportionate to that strength, and we know that tren binds very tightly to the androgen receptor. I think I referenced that in the Tren Profile.

As for masteron, all we really have is anecdotal evidence.
    . . .and your masteron profile

Thread Information