deeznutts is offline Associate Member

So whats the deal with....

I've been doing a lot of research on ancillaries, When I first started using AAS I got clomid to use during PCT and in case there where any issues with estrogen build up during cycle. After doing research on clomid and others it seems like clomid is not the best choice to combat estrogen build up during cycle to fight off gyno. Even though its used for that everyone seems to prefer others like nolva, letro, adex etc. Most recommend using clomid only for PCT, my quest is, why isnt clomid used more often during cycle to combat estrogen? Will using it during cycle effect results or health?

Thanks,

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    clomid is a SERM and does not stop estrogen but rather competes with it for receptors. Letro, Adex are AIs which actually prevent(inhibit) the production of estrogen in males. Furthermore, the reason why nolva(also a SERM) is preferred over clomid is the side effects, clomid can effect your vision and nolva does not seem to have that effect. I hope this helps.

deeznutts is offline Associate Member
    So other than those reasons ( nolva using lower dose, less sides and AI's inhibiting) is clomid bad to run during cycle? Does it have adverse effects to gains?

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    it is reported that SERMs do have negative effects to gains for some, not because it inhibits estrogen production which the AIs do but because it reduces IGF. I have not noticed reduced gains when on SERMs which I prefer over the AIs for battling gyno when on cycles.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    id rather us a serm if ur not gyno prone during cycle.i took letro to kill my gyno on cycle and i never gained another lb. u need that estrogen around for better gains.im gonna go with nolva on my next cycle to see if that will keep the gyno at bay if not ill try a-dex.start with the least harsh ancillary first and work ur way up IMHO

Thread Information