killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member

L-Carnitine Increases Androgen Receptors in muscle cells

According to a new study from UCCON supplementing with Carnitine increases the amount of androgen receptors in muscle cells.

If you are taking steroids would this help?

orion565 is offline Associate Member
    do you have a link for that study?

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by killagorilla187
    According to a new study from UCCON supplementing with Carnitine increases the amount of androgen receptors in muscle cells.

If you are taking steroids would this help?

Could you please post that Study
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

I just read it in the new muscle in Fitness (lame magazine)

But it does says according to study at University of Connecticut.

passthetest is offline Member
    That sounds to good to be true. If it is true then if you were taking steroids it would most def help

This would be benefiting for androgenic 's

Since im taking winstrol , Im going to experiment with this. Im going to order Prop. Carnitine and ALCAR in bulk and take a good amount everyday. Only drawback is the nasty strong taste the two give.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Here is one study I found. I'm guessing this is the study he was referring to.

------------------------------------------------------

1: Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Jul;38(7):1288-96. Links
    Erratum in:
    Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.
    Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.
    Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
    Human Performance Laboratory, ***artment of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. [email protected]

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses. METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-superdrol: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated. RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT. CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.
    PMID: 16826026 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    --------------------------------------------------------

I will be ordering my L-Carnitine.

I suggest trying the Alcar or Plcar or both! : )

^^Thats the same study bro.

Edited the post eh? Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    ^^Thats the same study bro.
    haahaa i noticed it and deleted it

Im surprised theres not much known about this, This could be very promising if we know more about it.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Seems like we'd already know if there was more to it...but sounds very interesting - I'm taking 2 g b4 cardio and 1 g b4 my workouts anyaway...

Thread Information