Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    Isn't it a function of stimulating the androgen receptor rather than there being a seperate DHT receptor i.e. the more androgenic the more tissue grows.

I wasn't actually talking about a DHT receptor (I was sorta just dumbing it down a little)...which there isn't (a DHT receptor)...I was actually talking about being more sensitive to DHT in a particular area, and maybe more ARs. The areas where men are more sensitive to DHT's effects are (ironically) the scalp and prostate (which women don't have), and less-so in the genetalia. So the answer is that men get DHT's effects in (mostly) tissue that we don't want it in...but still, there is potential for DHT to produce hypertrophy in the genetalia (in men) , and DHT cream is indicated for that use medically.

I bet there's also likely less 3aHSD in the tissues in question as well as more (androgen) receptors.
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 07-06-2007 at 05:13 AM.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    sry bout the nudity pic. had a few too many that night! i actually thought it was a good example of what ppl were saying at the time lol!

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    I wasn't actually talking about a DHT receptor (I was sorta just dumbing it down a little)...which there isn't (a DHT receptor)...I was actually talking about being more sensitive to DHT in a particular area, and maybe more ARs. The areas where men are more sensitive to DHT's effects are (ironically) the scalp and prostate (which women don't have), and less-so in the genetalia. So the answer is that men get DHT's effects in (mostly) tissue that we don't want it in...but still, there is potential for DHT to produce hypertrophy in the genetalia (in men) , and DHT cream is indicated for that use medically.

I bet there's also likely less 3aHSD in the tissues in question as well as more (androgen) receptors.

thanks for this info as this is a question i have always wondered.

anything else you can tell us about steroid use and the increase in muscle tissue in the genetalia?

sonnygll is offline Member
    Kratos has it right. Let me just try to explain it better. When a boy is developing (Let's forget about gender ambiguity, XX boys, XY girls for now.) The hormones make the child a boy, the hormones make the gonads into testicles instead of ovaries and the another bit of tissue becomes the scrotum rather then the labia majora. The top of the genital area grows larger and becomes a penis, so the urethra ends up going through the middle of it. Where as in a girls just the opposite happens.

Then during puberty, the boy gets a massive does of test, which cause the penis to grow to it's full genetic size, hair starts to grow in more and the vocal chords get thicker. The testicles also grow as they become able to produce sperm.

In girls a very there are very different levels of hormones, breast develop to genetic size and become able to produce milk when stimulated to do so. The ovaries develop to be able to produce mature eggs and the uterus makes a lining to support an implanted embryo.

If a man gets more test, his penis will not grow more because it has already received the message to grow to the genetic max and has done so. The woman did not get such a message. So her clit is able to grow to as large as it could have become as a penis if she was a man.

Same reason a man can get gyo and grow lager breasts when test is converted to estrogen, but more estrogen does not make a womans breasts grow.

I know this is pretty complex. So feel free to ask questions if you are still unsure about this.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll
    Kratos has it right. Let me just try to explain it better. When a boy is developing (Let's forget about gender ambiguity, XX boys, XY girls for now.) The hormones make the child a boy, the hormones make the gonads into testicles instead of ovaries and the another bit of tissue becomes the scrotum rather then the labia majora. The top of the genital area grows larger and becomes a penis, so the urethra ends up going through the middle of it. Where as in a girls just the opposite happens.

Then during puberty, the boy gets a massive does of test, which cause the penis to grow to it's full genetic size, hair starts to grow in more and the vocal chords get thicker. The testicles also grow as they become able to produce sperm.

In girls a very there are very different levels of hormones, breast develop to genetic size and become able to produce milk when stimulated to do so. The ovaries develop to be able to produce mature eggs and the uterus makes a lining to support an implanted embryo.

If a man gets more test, his penis will not grow more because it has already received the message to grow to the genetic max and has done so. The woman did not get such a message. So her clit is able to grow to as large as it could have become as a penis if she was a man.

Same reason a man can get gyo and grow lager breasts when test is converted to estrogen, but more estrogen does not make a womans breasts grow.

I know this is pretty complex. So feel free to ask questions if you are still unsure about this.

very good explanation!

thanks

Cephas84 is offline Associate Member
    well damn i got all excited for no reason a alil more wouldnt have bothered me much lol

SomeGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll
    actually.... I know of some people who have taken SOME kinds of birth control that made their boobies bigger.... and they stayed that size when they went off the birth control (usually they just go back to the size they were) Hmmm

ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGirl
    actually.... I know of some people who have taken SOME kinds of birth control that made their boobies bigger.... and they stayed that size when they went off the birth control (usually they just go back to the size they were) Hmmm
    your avatar made my penis grow

SomeGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironaddict69
    glad I could perform a public service

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    I could say something but I'm going to keep my mouth shut so I won't get banned. If that's you in your avy, you look great.

ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member

lol, seriously tho, nice work. Alot of effort pays off.

Cephas84 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironaddict69

sonnygll is offline Member
    Well, Somegirl, if a woman has small breasts because she had low levels of certain hormones her whole life, increasing them with birth control pills will make them grow to their genetic potential. Most women don't have untreated hormone problems though.

Another explanation is that birth control pills can cause weight gain, that can make them bigger too, in 2 different ways. One, if the girls has been underweight, she may not have had the fat tissue to finish developing, and the other way of course is when you gain fat, it goes everywhere including the chest.

Lol, Iron, that was pretty funny.

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Is there a reason that my muscles didnt reach the "maximum potential" but my penis did? I guess I am just kinda stirring the pot but if there is a scientific answer that would be coo too.

What I am saying is, naturally without weight training and diet I was probably destined to be about 150-160, training and diet have put me far beyond that. Which was not my natural genetic potential or maximum.

From there gear has helped to some extent to acheaive my goals.

Maybe Jelqing really does work? haha, I have always been too lazy to really care to commit to it for a few months, haha.

Maybe there is something out there we havent found yet that will increase our genitals genetic potential. I am sure we will find something one day and really I am pretty surprised we havent yet. You can bet that most men would have penis augmentation or enhancement or whatever the procedure may be if it wasnt as outlandish as it currently is. It wouldnt suprise me that when it does become a possibility alot of men will have circus penises.

Maybe I just want a lil hope that there is something out there that can make "him" a lil longer but then again there is nothing that can really make ME taller...

Oh well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information