sol
    sol is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Proposed 5th Cycle for a 57 Year Old Friend of Mine

Ok I'm not too happy about my friends cycle he just began. I'll explain why I don't like it after I give his stats and past cycle info.

His stats:

Age - 57 (a bit old compared to most of us on here, but he's doing pretty damn good for his age)
    Weight - 190
    Height - 5'11''
    BF - 18% (was pretty obese as a kid, and has had difficulty keeping fat off)
    Workout experience - been working out on and off since about the age of 25. Pretty darn consistant over the past 3 years.
    Cycle experience - 5th cycle
    He is a proponent of low dosage cycles, but has only been so/so satisfied with his cycle results so far. He wants to gain some muscle (not get huge) but also cut.
    Diet - is actually not too bad. he doesn't count calories, but eats mostly home cooked meals with vegies and meat. Has a problem saying "no" to little cheat meals throughout the week.
    Workout program - in the past it has been a strictly bodybuilders regimen, working out 1-2 muscle groups per day. He's had moderate success with that in the past, but over the years has gotten burned out with the same old same old gym routine. I recently decided to set him up with a different training program that includes anarobic workouts such as sprints, stand alone body weight exercises (i.e. plyometric pushups, pullups, burpees), along with some strenght training.
    Goals - Wants to lose fat and gain more definition

Has tried clen and t3 to help cut fat, but the clen sides were a bit too much for him at dosages of 60mg /day (even when taking his last 20mg at 3pm he couldn't sleep). Perhaps he needs to ramp his dosages up a little slower.

Anyway, here's the cycle he just began (he is currently on week 2):

Week 1-3 Deca 200mg/week
    Week 4 Deca 100mg/week
    Week 1-4 EQ 100mg/week
    Week 5-8 EQ 200mg/week
    Week 4 Winny 60mg/week
    Week 5-8 Winny 80mg/week
    Week 1-12 Liv. 52 3tabs/ed

PCT
    Week 13-14 Pregnyl 50mg/ed
    Week 15-16 HCG 1500ug/week

In my opinion, here are the problems with this cycle:

- since his bf% is as high as it is, he should not be running a cutting compound like winny...should drop winny because of this

- length of time deca is being ran is too little...should be ran for at least 8 weeks, 12+ weeks would be optimal

- deca dosage should be upped a little bit...maybe 300mg-400mg/week

- since he's using deca, test should be ran alongside it to combat the huge reduction of natural test production. (concerning PCT, test should be run for an additional 2 weeks after the last shot of deca, due to its continued suppression of natural test production)

- Concerning his PCT...isn't pregnyl the same as HCG? if so, then his PCT is basically crap. He needs a better PCT program that includes at least one SERM and one AI. If his past

- the EQ should be considered to be ran for more than 8 weeks; preferably 12+ weeks. Also it should be ran at a higher dosage like the deca; at least 400mg/week

I'd appreciate any suggestions and constructive feedback on this. Thanks.

generic is offline New Member
    I think 8 weeks on the deca is fine. Also, I hate winny (especially for older individuals) due to joint problems. The cycle looks fine but if he's looking for that extra "PUSH" then I would suggest getting on 2 i.u. of GH. At his age, it will do him wonders. Good luck.

Njord is offline Senior Member
    That cycle is crap. Too low doses of both the Deca and Eq, and being ran for too short of time. He will be completely shut down by the deca and eq. PCT sucks, and yes, Pregnyl=hcg . I don't have a problem with running the winny at 15% bf, actually the opposite, it would help to lean him out. But the cycle as laid out is no good.

goonstopher is offline Junior Member
    This cycle is HORRIBLE.

I can't even break it down because it is SO bad...

Way to complicated, horrible drug choice, horrible dosage and dosage layout and horrible PCT.

No wonder he is unhappy with his results!

cookiemonstR is offline Associate Member
    man, ur overcomplicating his cycle by far, you clearly don't know what your doing, just stick with the basic cycles, its not rocket science.

sol
    sol is offline Associate Member
    Hey, this is in no way MY cycle. I'm just relaying what he has given me. I'd appreciate any tips from some of the older members of the board.

So far, he's completely dropping the winny. The reason he's doing the deca is for his joints. If he really feels he needs it because of that, then whatever. A dose between 100mg-200mg /week for the joints should be enough. The EQ needs to be bumped up for sure. And he should get some test in there as well.

A better cycle would look something like this:

1 – 14 Enan 500mg/wk
    1 – 12 EQ 400mg/wk

PCT
    16– 18 Nolvadex 10mg ED
    16 – 18 L-dex .25mg ED

goonstopher is offline Junior Member
    Or if he really wants the deca then he could do:

250mg test
    300mg Deca
    400mg EQ

It might keep prostate issues lower and help joints even more since EQ is great for collagen synthesis.

sitries is offline Associate Member
    his cycle seriosly sucks!!! 10 weeks test enanthate is all he needs. followed up by a nolvadex PCT. keep things simple!!!

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    no test? bad choice. deca with over 50? another bad choice, especially without test. winstrol with over 50 (or as a non-competitive bb)? really bad choice. this cycle is horrible.

he should just take some test and take it easy - he should be a bit more concerned about maintaining his health...

pwrlftr2 is offline Junior Member
    I don't know what his goals are exactly but I assume cutting the body fat is one. I have a 56 year old friend who is 6', 240 lbs. about 12% body fat who just did a 537 competition bench press. He does pretty much the same cycle I use which is 1-10 100mg. test prop ed. and last 8 weeks 50mg of anavar ed. With the proper diet and workout program he should be able to shed some of that body fat and put on a few pounds of muscle with great strength gains. PCT I use is aromasin , clomid and nolva. I like this cycle because it is easy on the body, does not retain much water and the gains tend to last longer. To each his own, just my thoughts.

SilverToungedDevil is offline Associate Member
    scrap the cycle... tell him to do eq at 400mg for 10-12weeks and test e at over 250mg for the same legnth. get a better pct. winny = joint problems deca = serious shutdown. simple is better. could throw in some anavar at the end like suggested by pwrlftr2

Thread Information