gordon8808 is offline New Member

Don't know what I should do

Hey guys. With so much misinformation out there, I felt like the only way to get answers is to ask real people..

Anyway I'm 22 right now. I think there's something wrong with me.. I've been doing fighting martial arts 4 times a week and going to the gym regularly in an attempt to gain some strength. I don't want to be a beast, just to get some confidence..
    In the gym I do an hour of exhausting cardio and about an hour of weight.. My martial arts sessions are like 2.5 hours each.. and in six months I've seen no improvement whatsoever.. my arms are thin, and I still have the same belly as I did before.. I'm not far or anything, but it won't go away. I can't pull myself up even once, and I've been exercising for like 6 months.. why am I not gaining ANYTHING?
    I've seen people put on more muscle and lose more fat doing less work in less time.. could it be a hormonal problem? What the hell is wrong with me? Most of the girls I know are stronger than me.. like I mean I'm looking at my arm right now and it's soft as my stomach.. there's no muscle there at all.. isn't that impossible for any normal guy after 6 months of working like a dog?? I'm still lifting the same weight dumbell (12.5 kg) and I can't lift anything heavier on my biceps..
    You got no idea how frustraiting it is, and as i said I kept my head down and made an honest effort, but I'm all out of energy now really..

I eat oatmeals, tuna, bananas and fruit juices, and pasta.. during the day I usually have a sandwich. I take multivitamins and a protein shake twice a day. I'm 6 ft and I weigh like 80 kg.

So do you think I should go on a steroid cycle? What would you recommend for beginner? I just want some mediocre weight gains (like 10+ kilo), and to get rid of the belly. Just to look normal for once. and it would be no problem to keep it up because I go the gym all the time anyway..
    What's a decent beginner cycle?

Or do you think there's natural testosterone aids that could help me? I'm really confused and depressed right now.. I don't know where to look anymore.. gym? doctors? supplements? maybe I need more rest? or more exercises?

Thanks

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon8808
    Hey guys. With so much misinformation out there, I felt like the only way to get answers is to ask real people..

Anyway I'm 22 right now. I think there's something wrong with me.. I've been doing fighting martial arts 4 times a week and going to the gym regularly in an attempt to gain some strength. I don't want to be a beast, just to get some confidence..
    In the gym I do an hour of exhausting cardio and about an hour of weight.. My martial arts sessions are like 2.5 hours each.. and in six months I've seen no improvement whatsoever.. my arms are thin, and I still have the same belly as I did before.. I'm not far or anything, but it won't go away. I can't pull myself up even once, and I've been exercising for like 6 months.. why am I not gaining ANYTHING?
    I've seen people put on more muscle and lose more fat doing less work in less time.. could it be a hormonal problem? What the hell is wrong with me? Most of the girls I know are stronger than me.. like I mean I'm looking at my arm right now and it's soft as my stomach.. there's no muscle there at all.. isn't that impossible for any normal guy after 6 months of working like a dog?? I'm still lifting the same weight dumbell (12.5 kg) and I can't lift anything heavier on my biceps..
    You got no idea how frustraiting it is, and as i said I kept my head down and made an honest effort, but I'm all out of energy now really..

I eat oatmeals, tuna, bananas and fruit juices, and pasta.. during the day I usually have a sandwich. I take multivitamins and a protein shake twice a day. I'm 6 ft and I weigh like 80 kg.

So do you think I should go on a steroid cycle? What would you recommend for beginner? I just want some mediocre weight gains (like 10+ kilo), and to get rid of the belly. Just to look normal for once. and it would be no problem to keep it up because I go the gym all the time anyway..

Or do you think there's natural testosterone aids that could help me? I'm really confused and depressed right now.. I don't know where to look anymore.. gym? doctors? supplements? maybe I need more rest? or more exercises?

Thanks
    If your experiencing extreme weakness / tiredness you should see a doc and get some blood work done to make sure everything is ok. Extreme tiredness /weakness can be caused by several different things and blood work it the only way to know for sure.

Heres a link to my blood work sticky . It might help give you some feedback on what test you might request to your doc.

ALL you need to know about bloodwork

I would start there to make sure your problem is not medical

Merc.

gordon8808 is offline New Member
    I'm only experiencing extreme weakness now because I've run out of steam.. I mean it was fine for six months because I just kept pushing myself..

And I've tried all the tips.. "get more rest" ... "less reps, more intensity" etc..
    Nothing works you out quite as much as jujitsu groundwork anyway... I mean I should be seeing some benefits..

is it common for 22 year olds to have hormonal deficiency?

Anyway thanks for your reply. I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow..

Blog Entries
    I'm only experiencing extreme weakness now because I've run out of steam.. I mean it was fine for six months because I just kept pushing myself..

And I've tried all the tips.. "get more rest" ... "less reps, more intensity" etc..
    Nothing works you out quite as much as jujitsu groundwork anyway... I mean I should be seeing some benefits..

I have seen people that are 21-22 have low testosterone ..

Merc.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member

Did you ever think that you are overworking??
    1 hour of exhausting cardio and then working out? Dude how the hell do you have the strength to lift after that? You also do 2.5hours of martial arts thats even more cardio!! Cut out your cardio completely you are getting more than enough from your martial arts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    Did you ever think that you are overworking??
    1 hour of exhausting cardio and then working out? Dude how the hell do you have the strength to lift after that? You also do 2.5hours of martial arts thats even more cardio!! Cut out your cardio completely you are getting more than enough from your martial arts.
    I totally agree.. ^^^^^^^^^^^

He said he tried changing things up and it didn't help so idunno !!

Merc.

Yeah but it seems he was talking about changing things up in the gym in terms of reps/intensity. I sitll stand by the fact that he needs to cut out his cardio entirely before working out.

Blog Entries
    Yeah but it seems he was talking about changing things up in the gym in terms of reps/intensity. I sitll stand by the fact that he needs to cut out his cardio entirely before working out.
    Again I Agree !!!!!

Definitely worth a shot...

Merc

BAG0529 is offline Junior Member
    Even with all that cardio, he still should be getting stronger, at the very least. I would absolutely go to your physician and have a complete blood workup done.

I don't know thats 3 1/2 hours of cardio.... He is probably lifting way under what he normally could explaining why he isn't getting stronger.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I don't know thats 3 1/2 hours of cardio.... He is probably lifting way under what he normally could explaining why he isn't getting stronger.
    i agree he is probably always in a catabolic state.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah he spends most of his time in a catabolic state due to his overtraining..i dont know how anybody could work out for 4.5 hours daily..thats crazy

440Charger is offline Junior Member
    sounds like hes overtraining alot...

Tbone1975 is offline Member

Thanks
    Props to ya. You're very honest. It's not easy to admit those things but you just did. IMO, and I doubt this is the problem, but just to nip it in the bud immediately, go to a doc, get a referral for a blood/testosterone level test and have it done. That way you will know immediately if that is the problem. If it is not, the problem is your diet and possibly also the fact that you may be doing to much cardio. One hour is a lot, but plus two and a half hours of martial arts class? Damn! I suppose if you eat enough, you could do it all. Bottom line, if low test is not your problem, you're simply not eating enough calories. I would have to eat a ridiculous amount of calories if I were doing all that. Good luck, once you identify the problem, you'll be able to correct it, which may even involve cutting down your cardio/class AND eating more. I think you can get it done by eating a ton though.

needsomehelp is offline Associate Member
    He's not eating enough. WAY to much cardio to gain effectivly. Sounds like you have always been skinny, keep up the diet..tip scales to 3 calories minumum.

pr0digy9daniel is offline Associate Member
    You shouldl get a complete blood work done and a hormonal panel, eat more, less cardio, eat more, push more weight, eat more protein, I could gain while eating 5000-6000 calories a day without steroids ... If you are doing everything correctly and yourve plateu'd then by all means, research and do steroids... Before you start, I recommend you try herbs like tribulus, avena sativa, ZMA, tonkat ali, Fish oil/Flaxseed oil, garlic oil... I literally considered every possible thing I could do to help before I did my first cycle... So chug down 10 protein/meal replacement shakes a day, and eat loads of protein and carbs, and see how you do...

dildoman is offline Associate Member
    You shouldn't think of AAS if you want to make improvements if you have nothing to improve on, you must be over training and doing too much cardio. Also check your diet, you may not be having enough calories to put on any muscle and strength. Try to aim for no more than 1hr doing resistance training 4 times a week. Cut out the cardio before but do it after for 20min if you have to, if not just leave the cardio while doing karate.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    no steroids for you. you need to learn to eat and train PROPERLY!

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Personaly I feel tired on low carb diet or low calorie diet with no interest in sex also even on test.

Overtraining is your problem. But only one think isnt correspond with my experience.. fat loss. I lose a lot of fat but can imagine that you are losing preferably muscle in your crazy training routine and not fat.

For me is more than 4600kcal to maintain same weight with your routine. Try to count your daily cal intake.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    no doubt not eating eough man, from what you say your training 4.5 hours a day??? thats insane i would need prob 8 thousand cals a day to do something like that. space out training throughout the week.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with all who posted about overtraining and overdoin it... all that cardio and long intense weight lifting is bad for growth... and as for steroids ur definatly not ready for that until you get your workout program in order... and you could definatly gain 20 pounds naturally at ur age with ur height and the weight ur at now.... when i work out i work out one muscle a day... 10 mins light-medium cardio to get the blood flowing... stretch the muscle to be worked out... then 3-4 different exercises, 3-4 sets per exercise and 6-8 reps a set... thats all you need brotha (but everybodys different, but hey thats what works for me)... and another thing is you should only be in the gym for 1 hour maybe an hour and 1/2 max... i spend about 35-45 mins at the gym on workout days maximum

customworksking is offline Associate Member
    U may want to think about stress..looks like U stress your body and u r stressed becaused U don't gain anything.....stress is funny U don't know if u r or your not it can show it's self in many ways..+ overtraining..imo

Thread Information