JAY_WD is offline Member

Where can i find?

Does anyone know where i can find a detailed description of how test or any other steroid is disbursed in the body after it is injected?

Like after it is injected in the muscle, where does it travel and how does the body react to it.
    Last edited by JAY_WD; 09-26-2007 at 12:10 AM.

NorseTemplar is offline New Member
    Try looking for nursing manuals on google. That's where I learned to do IM injections correctly.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    I cant find the link to this so i wanst sure who it was by..

EDIT !!!!!!!
    I think it is by the late GREAT KARL Hoffman ....( I was just told this by a friend)

"Free (that is, unbound) steroids enter the cell cytoplasm and interact with their receptor. In this process heat shock protein is dissociated, and the activated receptor-ligand complex is translocated into the nucleus.

After binding to the ligand (steroid hormone), steroid receptors often form dimers. In the nucleus the complex acts as transcription factors, augmenting or suppressing transcription of particular genes by its action on DNA. As a result messenger RNA is produced that exits the nucleus and interacts with ribosomes. There, after translation of the genetic message, specific proteins are produced. These specific proteins perform a biological task.

Type II receptors are located in the nucleus. Thus their ligands pass through the cell wall and cytoplasm and enter the nucleus, where they activated the receptor without release of hsp. The activated receptor interacts with the hormone response element, and the transcription process is initiated as with type I receptors."

And a dimer is (in case you don't know)

"Dimers are most often observed in signaling. They are crucial to understanding chemical reactions in biochemistry as well. In this case, a dimer is a protein complex made up of two subunits that are not necessarily covalently linked. In fact, they may initially be monomeric proteins. These monomers will dimerize, or join together, usually upon the binding of a signal to the receptor of each monomer. These signals can be a growth factor, a phosphate group from Adenosine triphosphate (usually through a kinase protein), or a ligand.

An example of this dimerizing activity involves the RAS-independent receptor tyrosine kinase that activates Phospholipase C-gamma. When a growth factor binds to two monomeric Epithelial Growth Factor (EGF) receptor (or Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) receptor), the receptors will dimerize and phosphorylate each other at the SH2 binding domains on the cytoplasmic portion of the receptor. The Phospholipase C-gamma isoform has SH2 domains that bind to the newly phosphorylated SH2 binding domain of the dimerized growth factor receptors. Upon binding, the Phospholipase C-gamma will be activated, and will be close to the membrane phospholipid that it is designed to cleave."
    Last edited by Merc..; 09-27-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Also

I'm sure that if you have taken an interest in anabolic steroids you have noticed the similarities on the labeling of many drugs. Let's look at testosterone for example. One can find compounds like testosterone cypionate , enanthate , propionate , heptylate; caproate, phenylpropionate, isocaproate, decanoate, acetate, the list goes on and on. In all such cases the parent hormone is testosterone, which had been modified by adding an ester (enanthate, propionate etc.) to its structure. The following question arises: What is the difference between the various esterified versions of testosterone in regards to their use in bodybuilding?

An ester is a chain composed primarily of carbon and hydrogen atoms. This chain is typically attached to the parent steroid hormone at the 17th carbon position (beta orientation), although some compounds do carry esters at position 3 (for the purposes of this article it is not crucial to understand the exact position of the ester). Esterification of an injectable anabolic/androgenic steroid basically accomplishes one thing, it slows the release of the parent steroid from the site of injection. This happens because the ester will notably lower the water solubility of the steroid, and increase its lipid (fat) solubility. This will cause the drug to form a deposit in the muscle tissue, from which it will slowly enter into circulation as it is picked up in small quantities by the blood. Generally, the longer the ester chain, the lower the water solubility of the compound, and the longer it will take to for the full dosage to reach general circulation.

Slowing the release of the parent steroid is a great benefit in steroid medicine, as free testosterone (or other steroid hormones) previously would remain active in the body for a very short period of time (typically hours). This would necessitate an unpleasant daily injection schedule if one wished to maintain a continuous elevation of testosterone. By adding an ester, injections can be as infrequent as once per week or longer, instead of having to constantly re-administer the drug to achieve the desried effect. Clearly without the use of an ester, maintaining constant blood levels with an injectable anabolic/androgen would be much more difficult.

Esterification temporarily deactivates the steroid molecule. With a chain blocking the 17th beta position, binding to the androgen receptor is not possible (it can exert no activity in the body). In order for the compound to become active the ester must therefore first be removed. This automatically occurs once the compound has filtered into blood circulation, where esterase enzymes quickly cleave off (hydrolyze) the ester chain. This will restore the necessary hydroxyl (OH) group at the 17th beta position, enabling the drug to attach to the appropriate receptor. Now and only now will the steroid be able to have an effect on skeletal muscle tissue.

Blog Entries
    See Anthony Roberts new ester article to understand more about esters....

Anthony Roberts New Article on Esters...

Merc.

EXCELLENCE is offline Junior Member
    good post

JAY_WD is offline Member
    excellent post, bump..

Thread Information