Thread: Cardio

achesr is offline Associate Member

Cardio

I have an important question in relation to cardio. If i am trying to rip up as much as possible what is the best type of cardio ? I have been running now for about 8 weeks and I am cutting more but have also noticed loss in mass...how can I maintain/gain mass and lean up at the same time ? What is the best cardio for this ? Thanks

sonnygll is offline Member
    The best is intense stuff like high intensity interval training and other types of anaerobic exercise. You warm up, sprint as hard as you can for 30 seconds, then jog for 90 seconds and repeat that a few times. It doesn't take much to wear you out. You can do it on any cardio machines as well.

another method is a barbell or dumbbell complex, which is a series of compound lifts done all in a row with very light weight.

Another method I enjoy is doing Olympic type lifts with very light weight for reps. Like clean and press, high pull, snatch and that sort of thing. You warm up and then do 12 reps pretty quick and explosive, which gets you out of breath, then you just walk around the gym for a minute to recover enough to do another set.

The advantage is, not only do you get the calorie burning for the exercise itself, it dramatically increases your resting metabolic rate for 24 hours after. It is also very muscle sparing provided you are on a high protein diet.

freakinhuge is offline Senior Member
    If you want to rip up you can also use clen or albuterol.

zipster_dude is offline Associate Member
    It is all about your heart rate. If you are working in the fat loss heart rate (arobic) or cardio hr (anerobic).

I train by heart rate only..cutting has been very successful for me.

p.s. posting this in the work out section might yield more advice for you.

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    I have tried HIIT training and heart rate based and noticed no difference.
    Cardio is important, but diet is the key.

the big lebowski is offline Junior Member
    the exercise bike at ur gym would prob be the best since u can hold the handle bars and see where ur heart rate is at, at least at my gym they have this convienence. so if u have the same id give up the treadmill and not knowing where ur HR is and start using the bike

Roidal is offline Associate Member
    Running is the one that makes you burn the most calories, HIIT is usually the preffered style, however it is also the toughest on muscles.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    runnin treadmill 30 -40 min 3-4 times per week.. usually takes at least 20minutes for your body to start rapidy burning cals, depending on you heart rate which should be between 125-135 for optimum cal burnin.. but no longer than 40 min other wise it tends to be catabolic. im in the same perdicamindt . this seems to be working so far. just stick to the running, 20 min every 3-4 days wont do anything

Thread Information