Blooddraine is offline Associate Member

Is AAS worth it??

What up guys, I had a question but wasnt sure if the thread belongs in this forum or the workout one... anyway, for several reasons I recently discontinued my gym workout and started working out at home (strictly bodyweight).

I was considering running a test cycle for 12 weeks starting January; if I were to not change my current workout, would taking the test benefit me in any way?? Would I get bigger, stronger, more definition? Or is taking the test with a bodyweight only workout useless? Basically what I am asking is would performing endurance-based exercises coupled with a cycle of test promote hypertrophy?

doolo is offline Associate Member
    Most people prolly wouldnt say its a good idea but if all you want is some extra hardness, rippedness and stuff like that then i bet itll work just great.

Yah, youll do more push-ups too :P

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Bro it all depends what your goals are....Bro in the last post had a decent point as far as using but Ripped and hhardness...not hardly...that comes from your diet and cardio.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    I did a similar type of cycle and was very happy with it. I was looking for more strength than size, taking in consideration of my profession. I gained 10lbs, which was fine and an added plus. I used bodyweight exercises along with light weights and made sure I shocked the muscle groups by changing things up. I made sure my diet was good and I was very pleased. I WILL do another cycle.

well youre right about the goal question and I knew someone would ask... my goal is to get specific body parts - triceps, calves, traps - bigger. As far as weight gain/loss it doesnt matter to me where my weight ends up after a cycle, as long as those body parts mentioned earlier are significantly bigger than they were b4.

I failed to mention also , because i am doing a lot of chest and shoulder exercises I am hitting the gym once a week to work on rhomboids and traps to insure proper posture and also calves.

As far as diet, I am currently eating 180-200g protein and 250+g carbs. I dont monitor my fat intake. Current stats: 5'9" 170lbs. (going up fast lossed a lot of water from food poisoning)...

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddraine View Post
    What up guys, I had a question but wasnt sure if the thread belongs in this forum or the workout one... anyway, for several reasons I recently discontinued my gym workout and started working out at home (strictly bodyweight).

I was considering running a test cycle for 12 weeks starting January; if I were to not change my current workout, would taking the test benefit me in any way?? Would I get bigger, stronger, more definition? Or is taking the test with a bodyweight only workout useless? Basically what I am asking is would performing endurance-based exercises coupled with a cycle of test promote hypertrophy?
    diet and training are crucial. the anabolics are tools and dont mean anything unless diet and training are there.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN
    diet and training are crucial. the anabolics are tools and dont mean anything unless diet and training are there.
    exactly

i understand and i agree.. but "training" doesnt necessarly mean weighttraining does it? Im not trying to be annoying, I just want to get others' opinion on bodyweight training and AAS.

Does AAS promote hypertrophy when combined with an endurance-based routine?

aas promote nitrogen retention and increased protein storing, so in theory under suffiecient load you would see results. But under that kind of routine i do not see the practicality.

natural4now is offline New Member
    hell yea it would work...look at the olympic runners and shit and other athletes. they get great results and im sure they dont lift much heavy weights

Quote Originally Posted by natural4now
    hell yea it would work...look at the olympic runners and shit and other athletes. they get great results and im sure they dont lift much heavy weights
    are you an olympic trainer?

natural4now is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    are you an olympic trainer?
    no but i follow the topic closely and im an avid raw powerlifter

as much as I would love to agree... olympic sprinters do a lot of olympic lifts which require a lot of power; only rarely do you see athletes at that level not lifting weights.

Man another thing is, I have a lot of pct that I dont want to go bad (I am not sure what half-life of those compounds are) and would really like to put them to good use.

Thx guys for all the posts, really appreciate it.

basshead69 is offline Associate Member
    Man I wouldnt waste my money on aas if i was doing push ups you need to train hard lift heavy and eat right. If you want to increase size and definition you need to be hitting the weights.

Hawse is offline Junior Member
    I will second the diet part, finishing up my first cycle and have had great results, but could have been much better if my diet was spot on. Diet is most definatly the key to unleashing the power of AAS. My next cycle will be much better, as my diet will take a front seat.

As I mentioned earlier I will hit the gym once a week to work on my back. However, I am also considering going another day to do legs (including both squats and deadlifts). my home workout is variable. I do several variations of the pushup including dive-bomber, hindu, close-grip, incline, etc. I also do several plyometric-based exercises.

I dont want to make my workout sound like its a joke... it's not, but its not exactly weight lifting either.

cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL is offline Junior Member
    it sounds like you could achieve your goals without the help of AAS...i would try a strict diet and intense cardio routine before turning to juice, being natural is always best...

Thread Information