tmelan is offline New Member

Blood Test results show underactive thyroid

Hey all, I've been on test-cyp 500mg /wk for 1 week now and I had to get blood tests done due to an unrelated matter and the results came back that I had an underactive thyroid. This was the first time my thyroid/tsh levels have been tested and I've been doing reading and found out that anabolic steroids can cause this condition? Is it possible that being 1 week into my cycle could cause havoc on my thyroid or have I been like this all along? any Suggestions or opinions?

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    1 week???..hmmm no bro...i'm not a doc but sounds like you had it before you started...was that your first cycle??

tmelan is offline New Member
    Yeah, first cycle. Kinda feel releived that thats likely not the cause of my condition. I go for second tests tommorow and I will post my results. Thanks for the input Bigmax, appreciate it dude..

brama2377 is offline New Member

thyroid

while thyroid test can fluctuate, i'm betting you have some hypothyroidism. this makes it tougher to lose fat. are you ever constipated or cold...have you been gaining weight or feel very sluggish?? these are symptoms you might be having.

i doubt it is from 1 week of being on cycle, but it't best to have the test repeated after t least 2 months of being of cycle to get a more accurate result

Thread Information