Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member

Talking Anti-Depressants and Test e

Hi Guys, I have been working out for a couple of years now, have wanted to do a cycle for a long time. I think I am ready now, I am 27 now, but I have been dealing with Depression for a While now, I am on Two Meds, Lexapro and Wellburtrin, they have work for me very good, now my question is have anyone else been in the situation. I want to start my first Cycle but I wanted to find out a little more if this could two meds that I take can interact with Test e, and it is safe to do it now?

Thanks bros any help would be appreciated

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    wait til u get ur head straight first, and i'm speaking from experience. hormones affect ur mind and body. i would be weary as u might end up being even more depressed than when u started.

oh yeah, but well done for working out onlexapro..that stuff made it so hard for me to even think about working out. totally killed my motivation

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Peducho0113 View Post
    Hi Guys, I have been working out for a couple of years now, have wanted to do a cycle for a long time. I think I am ready now, I am 27 now, but I have been dealing with Depression for a While now, I am on Two Meds, Lexapro and Wellburtrin, they have work for me very good, now my question is have anyone else been in the situation. I want to start my first Cycle but I wanted to find out a little more if this could two meds that I take can interact with Test e, and it is safe to do it now?

Thanks bros any help would be appreciated
    ive known many men who were able to stop depression with TRT and not use any or as much anxiety meds

i honestly don't think he's speaking of a TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) run. pleaase !! don't give advice when u have no idea what ur talking about k? depression isn't a quick come and go thing, and the only way he could get "trt" is if he has low test levels to begin with which is totally off because this guy hasn't even done a cycle yet furthermore if he does decide to do a cycle he's not going to be on it for life, so he stands a very big chance of rebounding with depression.steroids definately affect ur mood they ARE hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    ive known many men who were able to stop depression with TRT and not use any or as much anxiety meds

TOOBAD is offline Associate Member
    I believe what **** is trying to say is that his depression may stem from low test and therefore he should look in to trt first. I take Welbutrin when not on cycle but when I come off my test I go right back on it. It also helps during PCT which is a tough time mentally anyways! My wife takes celexa and welbutrin and last year when she did an anavar and clen /t3 cycle, she was able to come off the meds for the first time since she started them (but then had to go right back on them)!

My advice would be to do your cycle and see how you feel. I would wing yourself off your meds for the first two weeks of your cycle and then I would start them back up two weeks before your last injection. If during the cycle you have any problems then just go back on them but I seriously doubt if you will.

One other thing, anti-depressants are like any other meds. If you never stop taking them then your body becomes immune to them and then you need more to get the same effect. So I sort of "cycle" them and they work better. In a sense, I do 3 months of test and then 3 months of Welbutrin, sounds crazy but it works for me!

Good luck and keep us posted.

mick86 is offline Member
    Peducho0113 Ive suffered from depresion for 5 years and although i choose not to take any medication these days have been on zoloft and mirtazon in the past. Like flabbywussy I find that anti depresants interfere with my training, but as far as getting your head straight before cycling for some people that may not be an appealing choice if they expect to be on antidepresents for many years.

This is was my expierence with my depression while cycling:

I cycled while reasonably depressed last year and felt fu*#ing great while I was on it, though 2 weeks into my cycle I got arrested, had all my roids taken and spent a week in police custody. There were many negative events that accompanied my arrest and I had to stop my cycle cold turkey. This was a disasterous combination and to say the least my mood went as low is it could go, I was a nutcase (though even without the roids it would have been traumatic) however I managed to get through that and got sum more gear and began another cycle a few monts later. This time going into in I was very depressed and I felt almost 'normal' while on the gear, and no worse that before I started once my cycle ended. I wish I had waited as my mood affected my diet, sleeping and training.

I think your taking a gamble if you choose to use steroids while depressed, im not sure about possible drug interactions but advise you to aproach it cautiously. You could ask your docter though they may not know either and will probably be anti steroid anyway and advise you never to touch them. Best if you can find a docter more open to steroids (they do exist), and get unbiased advice . Things will possibly get a bit rocky particulaly but not limied to the first few weeks after the cycle, but who knows, you may find in general it improves you body image/sense of well being. Anicdotally ive know numerous 'menally unstable' people who have cycled and managed it well, but thats not to say I recommend it for such people.

If you follow ckurth6 idea of stopping the meds while cycling be weary of the fact that sometimes antidepresants take weeks/monts to start working effectivly.

Hope I dont get flamed and that all that was of some use, Good luck

Bros, I want to really thank you for your advice on this issue. I think all your points are valid and thanks for sharing your experience with me, I am sure that many others can learn from this. I want to say that Unfortunally Antidepresants take several weeks even months to fully work, that is the reason I was worry about stoping them while on a cycle. On the other hand, I was worry as flabbywussy mentioned that Hormones do affect your mood, that was my other concern. my other concern was if any one new of any side effects if on antidepresants while on a cycle? At this point I think I will do more research, get better and keep on work out until I learn more about the issue. I don't plan to stay on meds for the rest of my life, in fact I have discover that working out really helps my mood but when I hit rock bottom, there is just no motiviation to do anything.

Thanks bros for you honest answears.

might just be a good idea to get some bloodwork done to c where u stand, cause who knows u might just happen to have low test levels even being at a young age

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    I can tell you Lexapro is fine during Cycle. This SSRI has the lowest amount of side effects of any SSRI. You will feel off during PCT. and if clomid is part of your PCT you will feel really off. I personally cloud not stand Wellbutrin, and gave it up after 10 days....it makes you cranky!! And as always check with an MD for drung interactions.

Thanks again guys, I was really thinking about having a blood test done, I have have some done for other reasons and the doctor have never mention anything abnormal but maybe there is an specific test for test levels. Does anyone know?

dtnosk66 is offline New Member
    ive been on 10mg of lexapro and 45mg of remron for 5 years ive done 3 cycles and never had a problem, i feel so good when on cycle i sometimes miss my lexapro dose for a couple days, then the nausa and dizzyness hits then i rember to take it

sphincter is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    to be honest.. I am dealing with some very serious depression issues now and find that off cycle I am literally in danger some times... I just went back on cycle indefinitely until I get to the end of the situation causing the majority of my issues... I feel SOOO much more stable and in control when on cycle...

I'm also on welbutrin and something else (forget name) at night time for "emotional control" since I get extreme nightmares and when I wake I'm in a blind rage... The meds helped a little but not much as the issues I'm dealing with are deep-rooted and systemic in nature; at least for now. Test is the 2nd best thing to happen to me very closely behind my wife being in my life and that is a very strong statement coming from where I'm at and how I feel about my wife.

HRT (personally prescribed, that is) is the way to go IMO but YMMV so talk to your Dr.
    Last edited by sphincter; 03-06-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Depresion sucks I think is one of the most sad conditions one has to deal with because people loose control of their own life and fall into this stage where we even wonder if we are still the same person we once were. But remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. It might take time but we can overcome it. One more thing I want to say is that what kind of doctor would be the ideal to go to? HRT or TRT if needed, any particular doctor? Thanks again guys

Thread Information