meathead320 is offline Member

Low dose long duration vs. High dose short duration.

Low dose long duration vs. High dose short duration.

Just curious what people who have a at least several years under their belt have noticed, if they have tried the two.

An example would be 400-500mg EW of test ran for 24 weeks, while taking small doses of hcg 250 IU 2 x EW to keep the boys from shrinking, as it is a long durration cycle.

The short
    high dose would be say, test again, at 800-1000mg EW, ran for only 12 weeks.

Looking at it typed out, it would seem that the longer cycle would have more time to get you to the point of mass, where even if more receptors were getting hit at the high dose, the body would really not have as much time to put the size on.

PCT for both being the same:

Nolva 20mg ED week 1-3
    Arimidex 0.25mg ED Week 4

I am not actually planning on doing this cycle, however I am curious as to which is actually more effective. This cycle is an example.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    everyones different i usually dont start a cycle with an end insite i stop it when my gains stop, if you have bene cycling for a while you should know how you respond and when gains taper off, i ran prop/tren /winni for 16 weeks this summer and gains kept coming, only quit because i thought i needed a break....buttttttt im going to try short 6 week cycles for now on read some posts by marcus he has explained "burst cycles" pretty well, however usually for more advanced but something to read up and explain a lil bout short cycles

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    Personally I wouldnt call 12 wks a short cycle. at 24 wks your receptors will be so saturated that gains will slow considerably. im in favor of short high dose cycles with short esters.(6-10 wks)

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3 View Post
    everyones different i usually dont start a cycle with an end insite i stop it when my gains stop, if you have bene cycling for a while you should know how you respond and when gains taper off, i ran prop/tren/winni for 16 weeks this summer and gains kept coming, only quit because i thought i needed a break....buttttttt im going to try short 6 week cycles for now on read some posts by marcus he has explained "burst cycles" pretty well, however usually for more advanced but something to read up and explain a lil bout short cycles
    do you know the title to some of those threads marcus posted I would like to take a look at them.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    totally an indivdual choice.

Thread Information