str8cubano79 is offline Junior Member

Dutas/propecia....and not test cycle for a while..loss of libiod over 2 years???

I've been on dutasteride (generic dutas) for over 2 years? I loss hair do to steriods and this magical drug fixed that problem. I have been using it 3 times a week for almost over 2 years now. I didn't notice it at first, but I could say after almost a year of not doing a cycle my libido has decreased. I know alot of bros only use this during a cycle, but since I was loosing so much hair I took a shit and didn't want to take any chances...so even though I wasn't on a cycle, I kept taking it. Plus I was on propecia before and I belive dutas to be far superior....but since it blocks what 95% DHT maybe that's the reason for the gradual loss libido?

My last cyce consisted of anavar at 40mg/week for 10 weeks along with a small dose of test prop@250/week, so I don't think that was the reason for loss of gradual libido...any thoughts? thanks in advance

First of all...how much are you taking?

I've been on duta for over 2 years now as well. Haven't really noticed much in terms of loss of libido...

same with my freind...well, I have been taking a at least 3 times a week .5, the normal dose...sure I can say I'm getting older,but as I look at my life over a year i haven't done a test cycle, and well last test cycle was a small 250/week and I feel like I never bounced back...I then researched that DHT is responsible for sex drive, and well dutas blocks pretty much 95%. So yea hair fantastic, but sex drive is lost. I have no problems getting it up, I'm just not a honry toad anymore. I can go easy 3 days without thinking about sex...I am 28 years old. anyways....if you haven't been on a cycle and decide to stay on dutas like I have its possible you may loose some libido.. I'll say this, I don't wake up with morning erections anymore

colo87 is offline Junior Member
    id also like to know more about this topic...bump

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Get a blood test to check your hormone levels, we'd only be quessing w/o knowing your levels. dutasteride is a 5α-reductase inhibitor which prevents the conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). A lack of DHT will increase your estrogen, this maybe a factor. Blood test are not expensive and your insuance will cover it.

cool...i'll do that

respek is offline Associate Member
    So if you are experiencing sexual problems bc DHT is increasing your estrogen levels. What can be done to prevent the increase in estrogen so that you don't have sexual side effects from propecia?

well dht is responsibile for sex drive, which is what propeica and dutas block

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    I'm on Propecia right now for hair loss and it will lower.....again lower but not kill your sex drive.....but for me it has had a major impact on my semen (load) when I cum!@!!

Thread Information