blize is offline New Member

Prednisone with sustanon

I was recently diagnosed with Colitis and was prescribed 60 mg of prednisone p day. My problem is the rapid weight loss is making me crazy ! almost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. And its not just water. I was wondering if I could use a little sustanon with the prednisone to counteract the rapid weight loss?
    Last edited by blize; 04-23-2008 at 07:37 AM.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Whats ya age, stats, lifting & cycle experience? etc

Age 39. Been lifting since age 21. I lift about 6 times a week. Im not a hardcore builder but I train hard and like to keep the mass up on my 5' 7" frame at around 172 - 175 lbs.I eat healthy about 4- 5 meals per day. I am a hard gainer with very low body fat. Been cycling primo ( about 1cc) with sustanon ( about 1cc) 8 weeks on / 8-10 weeks off for a couple years. I ween off with nolvadex and 6 oxo or some other anti aromatase. Started my last cycle about 4 weeks ago but that was interrupted cold turkey because I freeked out that the colitis was caused by the gear. 5 weeks ago I was nearly 175 and yesterday barely hit 164. Appetite is healthy.
    Last edited by blize; 04-23-2008 at 07:29 AM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Weird. Prednisone and other corticosteroids generally cause an increased appetite and water retention.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Some of the common sides of prednisone.

AG

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...r/a601102.html
    Prednisone may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

* headache
    * dizziness
    * difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
    * inappropriate happiness
    * extreme changes in mood
    * changes in personality
    * bulging eyes
    * acne
    * thin, fragile skin
    * red or purple blotches or lines under the skin
    * slowed healing of cuts and bruises
    * increased hair growth
    * changes in the way fat is spread around the body
    * extreme tiredness
    * weak muscles
    * irregular or absent menstrual periods
    * decreased sexual desire
    * heartburn
    * increased sweating

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

* vision problems
    * eye pain, redness, or tearing
    * sore throat, fever, chills, cough, or other signs of infection
    * seizures
    * depression
    * loss of contact with reality
    * confusion
    * muscle twitching or tightening
    * shaking of the hands that you cannot control
    * numbness, burning, or tingling in the face, arms, legs, feet, or hands
    * upset stomach
    * vomiting
    * lightheadedness
    * irregular heartbeat
    * sudden weight gain
    * shortness of breath, especially during the night
    * dry, hacking cough
    * swelling or pain in the stomach
    * swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, throat, arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
    * difficulty breathing or swallowing
    * rash
    * hives
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Wavelover is offline Junior Member
    I haven't seen the relationship between prednison with sustanon but have seen hormonal contraceptive.

Please read these :

What special precautions should I follow?
    Before taking prednisone,

tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to prednisone, any other medications, or any of the inactive ingredients in prednisone tablets or solutions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for a list of the inactive ingredients.
    tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone); anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin); certain antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral) and voriconazole (Vfend);aprepitant (Emend); aspirin; carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Epitol, Tegretol); cimetidine (Tagamet); clarithromycin (Biaxin, in Prevpak); cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune); delavirdine (Rescriptor); diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac, others); dexamethasone (Decadron, Dexpak); diuretics ('water pills'); efavirenz (Sustiva); fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem); fluvoxamine (Luvox); griseofulvin (Fulvicin, Grifulvin, Gris-PEG); HIV protease inhibitors including atazanavir (Reyataz), indinavir (Crixivan), lopinavir (in Kaletra), nelfinavir (Viracept), ritonavir (Norvir, in Kaletra), and saquinavir (Fortovase, Invirase); hormonal contraceptives (birth control pills, patches, rings, implants, and injections); lovastatin (Altocor, Mevacor); medications for diabetes; nefazodone; nevirapine (Viramune); phenobarbital; phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek); rifabutin (Mycobutin), rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, in Rifamate); sertraline (Zoloft); troleandomycin (TAO); verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan); and zafirlukast (Accolate).Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
    tell your doctor what herbal products you are taking or plan to take, especially St. John's wort.
    tell your doctor if you have an eye infection now or have ever had eye infections that come and go and if you have or have ever had threadworms (a type of worm that can live inside the body); diabetes; high blood pressure; emotional problems; mental illness; myasthenia gravis (a condition in which the muscles become weak); osteoporosis (condition in which the bones become weak and fragile and can break easily); seizures; tuberculosis (TB); ulcers; or liver, kidney, intestinal, heart, or thyroid disease.
    tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking prednisone, call your doctor.
    if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, or need emergency medical treatment, tell the doctor, dentist, or medical staff that you are taking or have recently stopped taking prednisone. You should carry a card or wear a bracelet with this information in case you are unable to speak in a medical emergency.
    do not have any vaccinations (shots to prevent diseases) without talking to your doctor.
    you should know that prednisone may decrease your ability to fight infection and may prevent you from developing symptoms if you get an infection. Stay away from people who are sick and wash your hands often while you are taking this medication. Be sure to avoid people who have chicken pox or measles. Call your doctor immediately if you think you may have been around someone who had chicken pox or measles.

good luck bro.

appetite is good. Strength is good. Only side effect would be lightheadedness.
    Last edited by blize; 04-23-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Ahh, so the colitis is the culprit for the weight loss???

AG

blueyez is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blize View Post
    Age 39. Been lifting since age 21. I lift about 6 times a week. Im not a hardcore builder but I train hard and like to keep the mass up on my 5' 7" frame at around 172 - 175 lbs.I eat healthy about 4- 5 meals per day. I am a hard gainer with very low body fat. Been cycling primo ( about 1cc) with sustanon ( about 1cc) 8 weeks on / 8-10 weeks off for a couple years. I ween off with nolvadex and 6 oxo or some other anti aromatase. Started my last cycle about 4 weeks ago but that was interrupted cold turkey because I freeked out that the colitis was caused by the gear. 5 weeks ago I was nearly 175 and yesterday barely hit 164. Appetite is healthy.
    its strange you are loosing weight on prednisone it usually causes a great deal of water retention and bloating usually you dont notice the muscle loss from it until after you discontinue use you may want to ask your physician about this but i was prednisone for inflammation in my back i did took deca trenbolone acetate with it no problems

yes . Colitis causes diarrea / water loss .
    Last edited by blize; 04-23-2008 at 07:41 AM.

I guess your dietary restrictions aren't helping (no seeded berries, nuts, etc.). I wish I had the answer, but I don't

AG

yes . Colitis causes diarrea / water loss .

yes, they are . I feel great . . Very little symptoms of the colitis left . Just wanted to know if i can mix the prednisone with the sustanon .

All I can offer is that ended up on prednisone while on a test/tren cycle and I was very irritable. I'm definitely not suggesting you do it, that would have to be your decision.

AG

thanks for the input dude.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    im on prednisone and sust as we speak, no problems but the bloat from the predniosne

brikks is offline New Member
    are you on any other meds at this time? I'm in a somewhat similar situation (minus the prednisone) and am very curious on it goes for you. Also, your weight loss may be solely due to your bathroom habits. Nutrients may be running through you with minimum absorption.

Do you still go to the restroom a lot (u mentioned the symptoms have gone down)? If yes, perhaps you should wait till that gets a little better.

kick6 is offline Banned
    I would talk to your doctor about possibly switching drugs. Prednisone is some vile, awful shit. My doc put me on it back when I was about 20, and I gained like 20 lbs of FAT in 6 weeks. I absolutely could not stop eating. Not to mention my liver values were ****ed for month afterwards AND my test levels stayed down for almost a full year.

Quote Originally Posted by brikks View Post
    are you on any other meds at this time? I'm in a somewhat similar situation (minus the prednisone) and am very curious on it goes for you. Also, your weight loss may be solely due to your bathroom habits. Nutrients may be running through you with minimum absorption.

Do you still go to the restroom a lot (u mentioned the symptoms have gone down)? If yes, perhaps you should wait till that gets a little better.
    Im soon getting off the prednisone and will be put on Remicade. I gotta tell you though that running to the bathroom 15 times a day can be freeking scary. "Episodes" are down to twice a day . Today was a good day. Weight is up 2 lbs overnight. Even if its water . If its a choice between sickly skinny and bloated...I choose bloated.
    After consideration of my symptoms as of the last 3 days I decided to take the sus ( 1.5 cc) . Ill let you know how it goes.
    P.S. My colitis symptoms started a week after starting GH....

Wavelover is offline Junior Member
    yes, they are . I feel great . . Very little symptoms of the colitis left . Just wanted to know if i can mix the prednisone with the sustanon .
    I read in one article that prednison may caused muscle loss.
    If I were you I don't take sustanon untill cessation of prednison because prednison will interact with Birth controll hormon, and the hormon contain estrogen. If you take sustanon, it will be converted to became estrogen in your body, it will wreak havoc your hormon system.
    So far that my advice.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Weird. Prednisone and other corticosteroids generally cause an increased appetite and water retention.

AG
    I agree, I was on prednisone a fed years ago and gained major weight (not the good weight). Wait until you are done with your meds and let your body heal and then start your cycle. Don't do a cycle while on this medication, especially such a high dosage.

Thread Information