bones45 is offline New Member

Exclamation Please Help my bone are broke.

I'm having a real slow recovery from a tib fib break. Like 4.5 months. Will test or deca help the bones? I have heard they help, and that there bad.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think that they aid in healing of bone. but is this the only reason that you want to take aas?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hgh!

I have used deca before. But If it dont help my bones I won't do it again. I won't complain about uped muscle. But if its bad for my bones I won't do it.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    well you dont need to think about aas because of injuries. it seems clear that you arent wanting to use it for BB purposes. i would just go see the doc and see what they can do for you.

MasterShake is offline Member
    Steroids are for improving your performance in the gym so you can build muscularity and strength. It's not for healing broken bones.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    4.5 months? How does it look on x-ray? Looks like it's fusing or no? If no you may have a non-union and need surgery. If you have a real conservative doc, you may want a second opinion. Non-union needs to be drilled screwed and plated.

slvrwrx is offline Associate Member
    Deca helps with the uptake of calcium, it has been given to older patients to help with bone strength

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Dude take it from someone who has broken a s*** load of bones, 4.5 months is to long. Your Doc should know that. Maybe get a second opinion. I had a simalar problem with my jaw. 3 months later, two titaninum plates, a ton of wires in my mouth and 30 lbs dropped weight, it healed. Go see a Doctor who specializes in bones.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    No they wont.

Whats ya age, stats, cycle and lifting experience?

hdd123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bones45 View Post
    I'm having a real slow recovery from a tib fib break. Like 4.5 months. Will test or deca help the bones? I have heard they help, and that there bad.
    Actually testosterone is also responsible for hardy and strong bones in man's body. And very breakable bones is one of the simptoms of decreased circulating test. levels (ussually it's associated with andropause , but...). U should check the doc: I think he'll tell u the best answer, maybe what blood tests to do.

I'm 24 and Ive broke a few bone in my day but this is stupid. I should of had surgery but I just got out of the Army and the only people that will take my tri care is the shity county hostpital. If I did do it again, I would be going to the gym as I do now, but the main purpose is for my leg. But I would like a reason to use it again.

dude, once you have a non-union or fiberous union it isn't going to heal, get a second opinion if the bone isn't joined together with bone yet. You can be in a cast for years and years and nothing is going to change.

No Its not a none union I went to N.C. to see my buddy when he got back from Iraq. I went to the hostpital at FT Bragg and they said I should have had surgery..... but Its has gotten better and I can start rehabing it, and then 5 days later the county said the same thing but It is still only like 70% maybe. I cant walk on it, May 16 will be 5 months.

k, good, rehab sucks

So do you think test or deca would be a good Idea If so witch.

Quote Originally Posted by bones45 View Post
    So do you think test or deca would be a good Idea If so witch.
    nope, no steroids . You are gonna be stiff as hell when you start rehab. Crawl, Walk, Run, then juice. Rehab is just a slow process, can't speed it up. I've learned to walk again before, it sucks.

Deen54 is offline Member
    Since it improves your overall immune system it should help..

it would help more so than not.

Take alot of calcium but not alot of protein.. Protein takes away from calcium.

Quote Originally Posted by Deen54 View Post
    Since it improves your overall immune system it should help.. He's got a broken bone not aids

it would help more so than not.

Take alot of calcium but not alot of protein.. Protein takes away from calcium.

Deen54 is offline Member
    dude..you know the immune system does more than fight off infections? right?

It's not standard of care to give anabolic steroids for bone breaks and recovery. A waste of a cycle, imo, I wouldn't do it.

Couldn't understand you're statement protien takes away from calcium. Bone is largely made of protiens. Show me proof that protien intake reduces bone growth.

sorry for the jerk off symbol, I'm always up for new points of view

haven't seen any evidence of protien itself on calcium uptake of bone

I'm trying to cheat but I don't whant to compromise my bones does any one know a toll free medical hotline I could call. But all your guys help is apreiated. keep on talking I'm reading it.

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    my doctor told me to drink my own semen once a day for 30 days to improve my bone status when I had a broken ankle. Surprisingly, it worked really well! Give it a shot

Zipper is offline Associate Member
    Wtf^^^^^^^^^^My gf must have the strongest bones ever then!!!!
    Last edited by Zipper; 04-29-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Anyone have any opinions on this article?

Why Steroids Weaken Bones

For years, doctors have known that steroids, such as cortisone, can leave bones weaker than they found them. Now they know why. The America Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) reports that scientists have long suspected that steroids interfere with the process of bone remodeling, in which cells called osteoclasts continuously break down old bone while other cells called osteoblasts build new bone. (Old bone must be broken down first, otherwise the new bone that is added will be of inferior quality.) Things got confusing, however, when studies with bone-building osteoblasts produced conflicting results. In animal models, scientists found that cortisone dismantles osteoblasts, suppressing bone formation. But studies in cell culture showed that the drug fuels bone growth. According to the AAAS report, Steven Teitelbaum, a bone cell biologist at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, developed a line of transgenic mice with modified osteoclasts: The cells still functioned normally, but they lacked steroid receptors. When the researchers gave high doses of cortisone to these mice, the mice built typically strong and healthy bones. Mice with normal osteoclasts, however, produced inferior bones when given high doses of cortisone.

Jay-Ace is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post

My thoughts exactly Kratos, good advice bro.....

At 5 months I'd be tearing the wallpaper off the walls and would deffo be getting something done about it. I'd certianly want a 2nd oppinion to check if the bone tissue has gone fibrous and therefore unable to heal properly!!

Dude get a multi-vit down ya neck, make sure it contains Vit D as this is important and make sure you get some sun (another way to get Vit D). Both calcium and Vit D are vital for healthy bone function.

Couple glasses of milk a day wouldn't go amiss but don;t overdo teh calcium, hypercalcemia is possible!

Hope you get well soon

Deen54 is offline Member
    A frequently mentioned side effect of high protein diets is calcium excretion. The effect is thought to occur when blood acidity increases. That acidity comes from sulfur containing amino acids such as methionine and cyste. The body then uses calcium to buffer this increased blood acidity, but calcium is excreted as a result. Loss of calcium could be problematic for bodybuilders, particularly women. Most women aren't keen on eating large amounts of high-calcium foods, such as dairy products, because of weight-control considerations. Foods such as milk and cheese are thought to be either too high in fat or, in the case of nonfat versions, too rich in sodium.

Many women believe that they can obtain sufficient calcium from other foods, such as vegetables. But while certain vegetables do contain calcium, they also contain substances, such as oxalate and phytic acid, that lock onto calcium and prevent its absorption into the body. For this reason, dairy products are considered to be the most reliable food sources of calcium. The onset of osteoporosis, a bone-thinning disease more prevalent in women than in men, typically begins about age 30. The disease is subtle but progressive, leading to shattered hips, broken vertebrae and other maladies among post- menopausal women. Osteoporosis is believed to be caused by a long-term shortage of calcium combined with a decrease in estrogen synthesis, which prevents bone loss. (Female bodybuilders who either induce chemical menopause by staying on the estrogen-antagonist drug Nolvadex or insist on maintaining low body fat levels year-round are setting themselves up for osteoporosis. The first signs usually arrive in the form of stress fractures.

Body fat supplies one-third of the estrogen produced in a woman's body, through the conversion of adrenal androgens into estrogen by an enzyme found in fat tissue. Thus, consuming a high-protein diet would appear to be particularly dangerous to women because of o the calcium loss. But such loss occurs only with particular protein sources that lack phosphate. Occurring naturally in most high-protein foods, phosphate prevents the protein/calcium-loss effect. Mother thing to watch out for is sodium chloride, or common table salt. Salt also increases calcium excretion, but is usually not a major factor in bodybuilding diets, except during the off-season. Even then, few bodybuilders will salt their foods with the gusto of the average couch potato.

Another way to combat calcium loss while on a high-protein diet is by neutralizing excess blood acidity. Higher blood acidity occurs after consuming phosphate-free protein drinks and amino-acid supplements. Thing sodium bicarbonate, or common baking soda, can rapidly provide a buffer against increased blood acidity. But then you have to deal with the bloating caused by the sodium portion of the bicarb. A better solution might be potassium bicarbonate. A study reported in Nutrition Research (14:991-1002, 1994) compared sodium bicarb to potassium bicarb for the prevention of excessive calcium loss insubjects on high-protein diets. Before adding either of the two buffers, the study's authors found that adding 60 grams of protein to a diet already containing 100 grams of protein increased calcium excretion by 40%. The study showed that while sodium bicarb did reduce calcium excretion during a high-protein diet, much of this benefit was offset by the sodium portion of the bicarb.

In contrast, the potassium bicarb decreased calcium excretion by 40%. In addition to the buffer effect offered by potassium bicarb, the potassium itself may exert an independent effect by helping the body retain phosphate. This would suppress calcitriol, a vitamin D compound synthesized from cholesterol in the kidneys that is involved in calcium metabolism. It's unclear why the authors of this study would think that calcitriol suppression would lead to calcium retention, since calcitriol itself retains both calcium and phosphorus.

Interestingly, the study showed that potassium bicarb does not prevent calcium excretion in rats. This illustrates just one of the many differences in how rats and humans handle nutrients. Keep that in mind next time someone tries to take the results of a study using rats and apply them to humans.

Ya man Ive been taking calcium with vitamin D plus a multi vit for like 3 months, My leg is felling better. Just not were it should.

I just found this on Wikipedia tell me what you think.

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid occurring naturally in the human body, albeit in small quantities. Nandrolone is most commonly sold commercially as its decanoate ester (Deca -Durabolin ) and less commonly as a phenylpropionate ester (Durabolin). Nandrolone decanoate is used in the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women (though now not recommended) at a dose of 50 mg every three weeks. It is also used for some aplastic anaemias.

Protein consumption is an important predictor of lower limb bone mass in elderly women1,2,3
    Amanda Devine, Ian M Dick, Amirul FM Islam, Satvinder S Dhaliwal and Richard L Prince
    1 From the School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia (AD, IMD, AFMI, and RLP); the Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Australia (AD, IMD, SSD, and RLP); the Western Australian Institute of Medical Research, Perth, Australia (AD, IMD, AFMI, and RLP); the School of Exercise, Biomedical and Health Science, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia (AD); and the School of Public Health, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia (SSD)

BACKGROUND:: The effect of protein intake on bone density is uncertain, and evidence exists for beneficial effects of both low and high protein intakes.

OBJECTIVE:: The objective was to study the relation between protein consumption and bone mass in elderly women with allowance for other lifestyle factors affecting bone metabolism.

DESIGN:: We conducted a cross-sectional and longitudinal study of a population-based sample of 1077 women aged 75 ± 3 y. At baseline, protein consumption was measured with a food-frequency questionnaire, and bone mass and structure were measured by using quantitative ultrasound of the heel. One year later, hip bone mineral density (BMD) was measured by using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry.

RESULTS:: Subjects consumed a mean (±SD) of 80.5 ± 27.8 g protein/d (1.19 ± 0.44 g protein/kg body wt). Regression analysis showed a positive correlation between protein intake and qualitative ultrasound of the heel and BMD after adjustment for age, body mass index, and other nutrients. The dose-response effect was best characterized by protein consumption expressed in tertiles, such that subjects in the lowest tertile (<66 g protein/d) had significantly lower qualitative ultrasound of the heel (1.3%) and hip BMD (2.6%) than did the subjects in the higher tertiles (>87 g protein/d).

CONCLUSION:: These data suggest that protein intakes for elderly women above current recommendations may be necessary to optimize bone mass.

You're funny Deen, lets not go back and forth or the protein thing. If he wants to know if I would do a cycle. Answer: Hell no. All I can give is my opinion, I wouldn't cycle at this time and would focus on recovery. I've had plenty of injuries, it sucks, nothing you can do but the exercises your physical therapist gives you. It takes time for the ligaments tendons and muscle to get back into shape and flexibility.

hey well thanx for all your help man I appreciate it. I don't think I'll cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on this article?

Why Steroids Weaken Bones

For years, doctors have known that steroids, such as cortisone, can leave bones weaker than they found them. Now they know why. The America Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) reports that scientists have long suspected that steroids interfere with the process of bone remodeling, in which cells called osteoclasts continuously break down old bone while other cells called osteoblasts build new bone. (Old bone must be broken down first, otherwise the new bone that is added will be of inferior quality.) Things got confusing, however, when studies with bone-building osteoblasts produced conflicting results. In animal models, scientists found that cortisone dismantles osteoblasts, suppressing bone formation. But studies in cell culture showed that the drug fuels bone growth. According to the AAAS report, Steven Teitelbaum, a bone cell biologist at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, developed a line of transgenic mice with modified osteoclasts: The cells still functioned normally, but they lacked steroid receptors. When the researchers gave high doses of cortisone to these mice, the mice built typically strong and healthy bones. Mice with normal osteoclasts, however, produced inferior bones when given high doses of cortisone.
    This is about cortico-steroids. Strong anti-inflamitory drugs. They will make you weak and probably not great for bone. I've seen studies where even ibuprofen and other non-steroidal anti-inflamtory medicines decrease fusion rates. Doesn't apply to anabolic steroids though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    This is about cortico-steroids. Strong anti-inflamitory drugs. They will make you weak and probably not great for bone. I've seen studies where even ibuprofen and other non-steroidal anti-inflamtory medicines decrease fusion rates. Doesn't apply to anabolic steroids though.
    Thanks bro... that's what I was wondering, if it applied to AAS as well... good info.

Deen54 is offline Member
    yes..at the end of the day. You don't take steriods because you want to build
    your broken bones.
    Just give it time.

Thread Information