Thumbs down Abscess - take a peek

How long before you can tell that you have an abscess?

I have a place on my delt which feels like there is a bruise, but nothing came into contact with it - besides my pinning on thursday.

It's like 3 inches below where I pinned, and off to the side, so I wonder if it could be an abscess.

FreeDOOM is offline Associate Member
    can you post a picture? you prob just nicked a blood vessel and got some blood under the skin. Is it red or hot to the touch? abcess can for in 2 or 3 days.

about an inch all around and no, it doesnt hurt to touch really; just looks like someone slapped it. Y'know, kinda pinkish..
    nicking a blood vessel would kind of make sense, I mean this is fairly far from the pinning site.

just keep a close eye on it. sometimes inflammation can occur because of the oils and such dont get absorbed quickly and cause irritation.

Wink

Yeah, thank you for replying to my post.
    I'm suprised that people who have experienced abscesses or know a bunch about them - are not helping me out...

I will keep a close eye on it, but I wonder when I should start to worry?
    I mean, its just a pink area, not to big, and it isnt painful really, and... it doesnt look like

I will prob start shooting in my butt, i hear thats the easiest place.
    (altho i have no idea where to glute-myself)

--> I think I did rush the my first shot as well, being all " oh this is old news.. **piiiinnn** " so it could be the oil settling in.
    I try to massage it twice a day, vigerously.
    Last edited by New2Anabolic; 05-10-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Ostrich is offline Junior Member
    I just had one about the same size. My turned painful and went black in the middle. Then I went to the ER but that was kinda late. They had to cut all the dead tissue out at that point. Mine wasnt injecting related either. I would at least call your family physician to have a look. If it changes in color or pain scale, I would go to the best hospital you know of. Good luck, hope its not what I had. Also I was told not to rub mine. They had be putting warm compresses on it todraw the fluid toward the skin. Good luck.
    Last edited by Ostrich; 05-11-2008 at 07:20 AM.

Sorry I am kinda of confused of exactly where on you body that is! that is not your nipple is it? i know you said 3 inches below delt but that doesnt look like a bicep or tri. anyways it does looks you got some swelling not to much inflammation. Like ostrich said put some really warm compress on it several times a day, this sometimes allows a abscess to come to a head like a pimple ready to pop at which time you want it to drain. If it get worse, you start to feel sick or red streaks start to form around it get to doctor and get professional help. Dont worry about facing the doctor, abcess can form from any number of things including clogged sudoriferous or sebaceous glands.

clearly that isnt me

i just said it doesnt look like ->

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    If it doesnt look like that, then dont worry - but keep an eye on it.

If you get any of these get some anti-biotics.. it feels hot, it starts to make the whole are look puffed, you feel a fever, its gets tender.

I got it checked out yesterday, the nurse or Doctor.. whoever she was, said that it was NOT an abscess.
    But I wake up today, and the area under the skin is still swollen and tender and is not getting 'any better'.

I think I'm going to go back.

ALSO --> Today was supposed to be my second day of pinning. I think I want to restart my cycle. Is there any real downside - seeing as though I shot once already?
    (Restart = wait for this 'thing' to clear up...)

Thread Information