prima07 is offline Associate Member

nolva VS letro/arimdex (gains)

i just need some advice here. i know nolva doesnt lower ur estrogen but effects ur igf witch hurts ur gains. i also now letro/arimdex reduces ur estrogen and effects ur gains. i would just like to know what hurts ur gains more. (i know u cant compare nolva to either one of those cause its not the greatest choice for an estrogen block i just want to now if nolva is better to run in a cycle if it doesnt hurt ur gains as much.
    thanks.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    cycle, stats, ever had probs with gyno?

prima07 is offline Associate Member
    3-4 cycles. 5'10 220 14%bf. had surgery just over a year ago for gyno.

I meant what cycle was it for? I think a low dose of arimidex is appropriate for most cycles. High test with tren or deca I would look into letro. Nolva I would save for pct. Estrogen is not as critical to gains imo as it has been getting attention for lately on this board.

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    Arimidex is surprisly strong. I used to it to get rid of some dbol bloat. I had about 8-10lbs of bloat and i was able to get rid of it in 4 days with .5mg ed. Adex seems to be preferred while on cycle. You'll probably be alright with .25mgs ed or eod.

Quote Originally Posted by aimology View Post
    I thought Nolva lowered estrogen ? whats the point in pct to run both clomid and nolva if they basically do the same thing ? nolva stops gyno, i get that, but if your on nolva for pct or running it during ur cycle to protect you from gyno, then why add clomid ? when u can just finish nolva the rest of time ? just curious, a link on this would be cool, but i've already read the "profile" on each and both sound similar.
    Nolva doesn't lower estrogen, it blocks estro at the receptor, leaving just as much (in fact more) estrogen floating around in the body. Who says there is a point running both clomid and nolva? Not me, but some like to. I say run Aromasin (an AI that destroys the enzyme not just inhibits so no rebound) and Nolva (to block remaining estrogen at the receptor) for pct.

Nolva works to control gyno on cycle, to me the prefered method is not to let serum estro levels go way up.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prima07 View Post
    i just need some advice here. i know nolva doesnt lower ur estrogen but effects ur igf witch hurts ur gains. i also now letro/arimdex reduces ur estrogen and effects ur gains. i would just like to know what hurts ur gains more. (i know u cant compare nolva to either one of those cause its not the greatest choice for an estrogen block i just want to now if nolva is better to run in a cycle if it doesnt hurt ur gains as much.
    thanks.
    ive seen the studies where NOLVA can reduce IGF1 levels.
    however I seen some studies showing nice increase of IGF1 levels when using the AI LETROZOLE .

Thread Information