Thread: Injured..

Stoneco|d is offline Associate Member

Injured..

I dropped a 120 lb dumbell on my toe and it is broken. Doctor says it needs at least a week or 2. Told me no gym either, I am having problems walking anyways. I am supposed to start winny on monday for 6 weeks to end my cycle. Should I go for 6 or just go for 4 and save the 2 weeks for some other time. I would like to hit the gym while on them. Would it take time before I actually feel the winny (tabs)?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You could just work your upper body for a week or 2 until your toe is feeling a bit better.

I had a similar incident one dropped a 45lb weight on my bare foot in my basement fortunately I raised my foot off of the concrete and got lucky to just have a bump and bruise. I have broken a toe and kept working out I say if you can work through it do it just dont do squats or leg stuff for now to allow it to heal properly.

they put a splint on my toe, doubt the gym would let me go anyways. I will just take a week off at most. So you think i should continue as i planned with taking winny on my last 6 weeks even though i won't goto the gym? I will still inject my test e every monday and thursday.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    I would continue with your normal routine. The only reason they say "no gym" is they(medical field) realize most ppl want allow or care for their broken bones correctly, so they tell them not to do anything. I worked as a medic and in the e.r. for years, I no the routine.

Just pay close attention not to put pressure on that particular toe. It they just put a bacis splint then the fracture wasn't to bad. They just want to keep it staight as possible to heal staight. You can do all other aspects of your workout routine, just with legs, fine what works without causing pain.

Do the whole six weeks of the winny.

ok thanks man. As if this happened to me. I was just getting started with my chest workout. All I did was 4 sets of flat bench press with 120's lbers. I was about to put it back in the rack and left forearm gave out, the weight just dropped so fast. I managed to move my foot but my big toe was still in the way. Next time i will put the weights back one by one lol.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i would still hit the gym there is no reason you cant train upper body. Hell you can even do leg extension and curls for legs. They arent going to effect your toe

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I broke my ankle a few months back bro... Just worked my upper body. Screw it man, take a Vicoden and hit the gym. Keep us posted

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    +2 still do upper body.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    I broke my ankle a few months back bro... Just worked my upper body. Screw it man, take a Vicoden and hit the gym. Keep us posted
    Take one for me too!lol

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    My body is so broken from years of sports I get those things every month. Actually pretty great after a hard workout..

I want to go back on Monday. Taking today and tomorrow off. Problem is wearing shoes, I will probably wear thick socks and when i get back home I'll put the splint back on with the wraps. It's bruised pretty bad though. I am almost 220lbs now on week 10, week 11 on monday. I gained almost 25 lbs now and I can keep gaining, this shit happened in the wrong time too. I had grad party yesterday that i couldn't go to. Plus on Monday, I got to go get my security clearance for a job and my convocation is next friday for college.

I have been doing some researching on taking winny with antibiotics. I still don't have a answer. I am taking novocloxin 500mg every 6 hrs with tylenol if i got pain. Is it dangerous to use winny tabs with this stuff? thanks

bump

CASHLS is offline Junior Member
    Everytime I have an injury I continue with lighter weights if at all possible. So yes I would try to do what I could and continue with cycle

I am going to go back on Monday, heavy weights. I am a fan of high sets, low reps. Only problem is can I take novocloxin and winny together?. I need to finish the novocloxin in one week. If anyone can help me before Monday hits, it would be great! thanks

bump

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    Bummer about the toe. I know this doesn't help you right now but Sketchers sells steel-toed sneakers. I wear them when I work out and they are just like regular tennis shoes.

ya well i am more concerned now if i can take winny with novocloxin. Each pill is 500mg and need to take it every 6 hrs. I also take tylenol with codein (30mg a pill, every 4-6 hrs). I have a feeling that i shouldn't be taking winny cause it's another oral. Does anyone know at all? Maybe should create a separate thread.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    I think you will be okay with taking the winny with the anitbiotic. BTW, why are you taking the novocloxin? Only take the pain meds if you need them. Do you have any milk thistle?

ya i am taking novocloxin, doc told me to finish them in one week. I take tylenol with codeine whenever I need them. I am experiencing a shitload of sweating and pain in ab area. Yes i got milk thristle. I got them for winny.

Thread Information