Thread: Glass in amps?

Doberman is offline Associate Member

Glass in amps?

Hi guys,

Im using some Galenika Test-E and scoring the amps with an amp cutter.I didnt seem to have problems when breaking my Cido's with the same cutter but for some reason im losing a lot of amps to glass getting in the amps WTF!?! as such I was wondering how dangerous it is to inject glass? im not talking about big shards obviously but say some gets in the oil that you cant see with the naked eye? or pieces that are very very very minute.

Thank's

Dobe.

FreeDOOM is offline Associate Member
    Well anytime you use a glass amp you must first draw the liquid into the syringe then switch the needle for a filter needle. You dont want to inject glass into your body, your body has no way of getting rid of tiny shards of glass

Doberman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDOOM View Post
    Well anytime you use a glass amp you must first draw the liquid into the syringe then switch the needle for a filter needle. You dont want to inject glass into your body, your body has no way of getting rid of tiny shards of glass
    Well I always draw with a diffrent needle to the one I shoot with is that what u mean? and if so the new injecting needle acts as a filter then?

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    I don't switch the needles and i've had no problems at all. I don't see any glass in the amp after i open it so i figured i was good. I just cut it with some scisors, lol. But now you got me thinking dober.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDOOM View Post
    Well anytime you use a glass amp you must first draw the liquid into the syringe then switch the needle for a filter needle.
    LOL, no it's the other way around. Draw with a 5-micron filter needle then switch to your injection 23G/25G pin. Monoject makes a great filter needle.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenear View Post
    LOL, no it's the other way around. Draw with a 5-micron filter needle then switch to your injection 23G/25G pin. Monoject makes a great filter needle.
    This is correct a 5 micron filter needle is designed for filtering glass or other particulate. It is different from a whatman or other filters in that it is not designed for impurities but rather broken glass or a cored rubber stopper. I always use a filter needle with amps. The key is to draw with the filter and then switch to a regular needle.

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    just buy some filter needles if you are worried about glass pieces, they are a little expensive but IMO worth it.

http://www.allmed.net/catalog/item/1358

Thread Information