Thread: The Truth

Arnold jr is offline Junior Member

The Truth

I posted this on another board this past year. Since I'm new to steroid .com and would like to share and learn form what seems like a decent group, I thought this past post of mine might shed some light on how I see things in regards to AAS usage.

Many will disagree with what follows, but like the title of this thread states, this is what I se as "The Truth." Feel free to voice your opinions on the following.

I got to thinking today about all the questions on this board. For the most part, most of the questions are legitimate, many of the questions are the same ones I had when I first started out with all of this stuff…so I’m more then happy to offer what little bit I do know to someone else, because others at one time did the same for me. Granted, there are some questions that get asked that are down right idiotic but that’s the nature of questions, there are good ones, not so good ones, and insanely weird ones.

But I’ve noticed a pattern for a while that has bothered me a little. Guys will come on here in the beginning asking the basic questions we all ask and as time goes by, their questions begin to evolve. As they evolve themselves into more sound bodybuilders and more educated individuals when it comes to the topic of performance enhancing drugs, there is one key flaw that seems to prevail.

Most are interested in doing things as properly as they can, with sound judgment therefore minimizing risk to the full extent plausible. Hey, there is nothing wrong with this and for the most part this sound judgment should be applauded.

However, in the end, most people come back over and over again, wondering how can they do things better? How can they reach the level of muscular development that they truly desire? At this stage, the person has more then likely gotten to the point where they more then likely do not follow the same protocol when it comes to this topic that they did in the beginning. As they evolve into better bodybuilders, they inevitably evolve into more of a risk taker when it comes to performance enhancing drugs.

It is at this point, many end up falling away from drug use themselves. They begin to realize that no matter what they do, they will never look like the guys they see on the covers of a magazine…that is unless their evolvement goes to a state way beyond what they have accepted so far.

Then we’re left with just a few, a very small minority. These individuals continue to grow as bodybuilders, they do not loose most of their size after coming off cycle. In fact, they get bigger and better each and every time. Why is this, what’s the secret, what’s the magic formula that most guys are missing? Is it genetics, is that all it is? We all know genetics play such a huge and important role in this game. Even with “good” genetics, most will never reach the magazine look. Yet there are those who even with sub-par genetics, continue to flourish each and every year and it is this fact that drives the majority of bodybuilders absolutely nuts!

So what’s the ticket you ask, please, please let me know this secret you cry. It’s actually quite simple and can be summed up with one word…RISK.

The guy who falls into this small minority does not follow the guided judgment of most performance enhancing drug users. He does not follow things like time on equals time off, he does not follow the basic safety procedures that many are accustomed to. His cycles are thoroughly planned out, but at a moments notice it will change if he notices even a slight stalemate in growth and production.
    He has forgone the “play it safe” motto, and in the end he may very well pay for his decisions…then again he may not…time will tell. He understands this reality and accepts the risk and responsibility himself…even so, he’s still bigger and better then you.

Many of my closest friends are die hard bodybuilders. Many of these friends use large amounts of gear, and stay on indefinitely. Many of these same friends are national level competitors, hey, two of them are doing Nationals this wk end.

So that’s the truth. That’s the difference between him and you. Is this a fact set in stone? No, there are always exceptions, but in general you can bet your supply of test that it’s dead on the money.

This doesn’t mean you should say to yourself, “well crap, I guess I’m SOL!” Far from it. Playing it safe, is just that, playing it safe, and we all take certain risk in life to reach and achieve what we desire. A business man may put all he has into a future endeavor, in the end he may fall flat on his face, bankrupt and homeless.

Last thing, and for heaven sake hear this. Do not say to yourself, “hey, I’m willing to risk it.” Just because you’re willing does not make it a good idea. Calculate your risk, determine what’s important…and go from there. All I’ve done with this little letter to some of you guys is explained the truth…nothing more.

wake.up.hate is offline New Member
    Well written, kudos.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    good post bro and if you dont mind can you pm me the 2 people you know competing this weekend or were they are from because i know quite a few myself

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Good post.

jsinur7 is offline Member
    nice

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    great post man. sadly id have to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    great post man. sadly id have to agree with you.
    Wy do you see it as sad?

Bulldog1115 is offline Member
    great post

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    Solid.

[QUOTE=Arnold jr;4033329]So what’s the ticket you ask, please, please let me know this secret you cry. It’s actually quite simple and can be summed up with one word…RISK.

The guy who falls into this small minority does not follow the guided judgment of most performance enhancing drug users. He does not follow things like time on equals time off, he does not follow the basic safety procedures that many are accustomed to. His cycles are thoroughly planned out, but at a moments notice it will change if he notices even a slight stalemate in growth and production.
    He has forgone the “play it safe” motto, and in the end he may very well pay for his decisions…then again he may not…time will tell. He understands this reality and accepts the risk and responsibility himself…even so, he’s still bigger and better then you.[QUOTE]

IMHO this is the typical mentality of someone who has alot to learn about life. A lack of maturity and life experience. These guys abandon this guided judgemnet because they feel they are invincible. Unfortunately all of us will one day realize this clearly is not true. maybe he is bigger than me. SO WHAT? and who really knows at what cost. Fact of the matter is you dont know. sure he looks great in the gym or at the club but it is also he who has to return home to deal with erectile dysfunction, insomnia, or depression. at the end of the day what difference does it make that he is bigger or more cut or whatever else it is that is envied. many of us are so consumed by obtaining the ever ellusive "perfect body" and while this is what i love about bodybuilding, the truth is we will never reach it. we can always be bigger or stronger or leaner and sometimes we need to take a step back and realize most of us have a life outside of bodybuilding that is passing by. what drives someone to take this risk you ask? i say vanity.

im sure some of you have vastly differing opinions and i respect that. Part of this is my opinion and part of it i was just playing a little devils advocate.

whoops. I can never figure out how to quote only part of a post.

[QUOTE=peachfuzz;4033997]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold jr View Post
    So what’s the ticket

IMHO this is the typical mentality of someone who has alot to learn about life. A lack of maturity and life experience. These guys abandon this guided judgemnet because they feel they are invincible. Unfortunately all of us will one day realize this clearly is not true. maybe he is bigger than me. SO WHAT? and who really knows at what cost. Fact of the matter is you dont know. sure he looks great in the gym or at the club but it is also he who has to return home to deal with erectile dysfunction, insomnia, or depression. at the end of the day what difference does it make that he is bigger or more cut or whatever else it is that is envied. many of us are so consumed by obtaining the ever ellusive "perfect body" and while this is what i love about bodybuilding, the truth is we will never reach it. we can always be bigger or stronger or leaner and sometimes we need to take a step back and realize most of us have a life outside of bodybuilding that is passing by. what drives someone to take this risk you ask? i say vanity.

im sure some of you have vastly differing opinions and i respect that. Part of this is my opinion and part of it i was just playing a little devils advocate.

You may or may not be right about what you're saying, but I think you missed what I was getting at.

People are always wondering what the "secret" is, why is the "other" guy so much bigger, so much stronger, so much more defined? What is it he's taking or doing that they're not?

The point being, is that he takes more risk. It's not that there is some sort of magic pill or oil, he's just a bigger risk taker.

The main point of why I originally posted this topic a few months back was due to the number of emails I get that seem to stem from this problem. So many guys are constantly coming to me unsatisfied with what their cycles produced....at least after they've been cycling for a while. They've played it safe, done everything that is considered smart and what an educated AAS user should do. Yet after a time they feel that they're still beating their heads against the wall.

Last off, the thread was not to encourage unreasonable and reckless AAS use, it's just stating "The Truth" and hopefully explains to some why that "other" guy is the way he is and why you (not you specifically) are the way you are.

Does that clarify it a bit more?

mkcay7979 is offline Associate Member
    Great post

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    every one is entitled to decide their own level of commitment

stpete is offline Banned
    You're new name is: Master of the Obvious.

Stoneco|d is offline Associate Member
    nice post

dd0316 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    You're new name is: Master of the Obvious.
    ive seen u post on other threads and other peoples questions and quite frankly, your a.sshole comments are not relevant, appreciated, or necessary, find a hole, crawl into it and stop posting idiotic and useless information that someone who actually needs help may follow and end up screwing themselves up. Do some reading yourself before you say another word

Thread Information