luckcoast is offline New Member

Advice for possible first time user

Hey all,

Background: I'm an endurance athlete with decent strength. I've run multiple marathons and could do 80 pushups in 2 minutes and 80 situps in 2 minutes. Bad news is I've been injured for the past year and a half. After 2 surgeries, I'll be in physical therapy until Oct probably.

Currently, I'm on 2 IU of HGH a day to help with the recovery and repair cycle. My doc put me on it because he said I have the hormone levels of a 60 year old and I'm only 40.

I don't want to bulk up I just want to cut fat and build back some of the muscle I've lost
    What is the best steroid to use to help in recovery and strength gain?
    I only want to do this for a month or 2 as a jump start to getting back to where I was.

Appreciate the time and advice

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Your doc put you on GH cus your GH levels are low but you stated that its becuase your hormones were that of a 60 year old, did he check your test levels etc....?

Secondly, i understand that you want to get back into it but how is your current diet? If your test levels are fine, and he has you on GH, i dont see why without a proper diet you shouldnt be back in no time. What are your current stats and are you still in the gym?

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    You should talk to your doctor about hormone replacement therapy. There is a forum here, just look it up.

Ballr 24 is offline Banned
    Hell yea now you need slin LOL!

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Well first of all welcome. Secondly when the time does come for you to get into the gym and train hard enough a simple cycle of test at around 500 mg per week will do nicely accompanied by some clen to lose some of the fat weight. You'll have to do tons of cardio with the clen at least thats been my experience. The test will help with strength and endurance to lift more in order to tighten up the ol muscles. I wouldn't start anything until you've been back to training full time for at least 6-9 months solid with no breaks. You don't want to start using gear if you are not 100% committed to the program.

re: advice for possible first time user

Yes my doc did test my test levels and the free and total #'s were good. I can look them up later when I get home. The GH has really helped me feel like myself.

I tore my elbow ligament last Dec 2006, then I hurt my knee April 2007 and I haven't been able to run or lift since then. I had shoulder surgery 7 weeks ago and I'm having knee surgery this week.

Prior to this I was running 25-50 miles per week and lifting 3-4 times per week.

I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 172. I ran marathons at about 167. My diet is healthy. Oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, ground turkey, chicken, eggs, brown rice, quinoa, etc. I'm pleased that with my diet I've held my weight pretty weight especially since I haven't worked out for more than a year.

Since I haven't had the chance to work out, other than my physical therapy, I'm anxious to get right back into it once the PT is done.

That's why I'm asking for advice. Can I get decent gains if using for a month or two and then maintain?

Thanks

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    You need to workout, AAS is not a miracle substance. SO your answer is no, without a proper diet (not just eating healthy but eating a surplus of calories in order to grow) and also a strict training routine you wont grow.

Quote Originally Posted by luckcoast View Post
    Yes my doc did test my test levels and the free and total #'s were good. I can look them up later when I get home. The GH has really helped me feel like myself.

I tore my elbow ligament last Dec 2006, then I hurt my knee April 2007 and I haven't been able to run or lift since then. I had shoulder surgery 7 weeks ago and I'm having knee surgery this week.

Prior to this I was running 25-50 miles per week and lifting 3-4 times per week.

I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 172. I ran marathons at about 167. My diet is healthy. Oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, ground turkey, chicken, eggs, brown rice, quinoa, etc. I'm pleased that with my diet I've held my weight pretty weight especially since I haven't worked out for more than a year.

Since I haven't had the chance to work out, other than my physical therapy, I'm anxious to get right back into it once the PT is done.

That's why I'm asking for advice. Can I get decent gains if using for a month or two and then maintain?

Thanks
    Ok 6' 172, scratch the clen , you won't need it. As far as using for a month or two and get decent gains, IMO forget it. Well unless you're gonna shoot prop ed for 2 months, then you'll gain something but not much and then certainly lose it once you stop.

thanks for the reply inky-e......

can you clarify something in your post please? Are you saying that after I finish physical therapy i should hit the gym for 6-9 months first before trying test? i also don't endeavor to use this for more than a month or 2 if that helps.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luckcoast View Post
    thanks for the reply inky-e......

can you clarify something in your post please? Are you saying that after I finish physical therapy i should hit the gym for 6-9 months first before trying test? i also don't endeavor to use this for more than a month or 2 if that helps.

thanks
    Yeah no problem, IMHO you should not use any steroid until you have been seriously committed to training and eating right for at LEAST 6-9 months. Many of the guys here will probably tell you longer. Being that you're 40 + I won't bust your balls over it. lol My reasoning is that steroids realistically is not a quick fix type deal. Theres more to it than just shooting gear and going to the gym on occasion. Its like a total package if you will. Diet and exercise and a commitment to health and fitness. Many people come into this gung ho take steroids and work out for a while then lose interest. Then what we have is some real possible adverse side effects and medical issues. I'll give you this one example....me, I weighed 330 lbs of total fat! I got into losing the weight and exercising and eating real clean and healthy. So after I lost 80 lbs through diet and exercise I reached out for gear to help facilitate the growth of muscle to fill some of the loose skin that I had developed as a result of my weight loss. I was 42 yrs old so I was clearly mature enough to make decisions based on research and common sense. Plus I was so dedicated to my new lifestyle of health and fitness that it was reasonable for me to do this. So I did my gear and stuck to it and ate right and worked out sometimes twice a day for months at a time. I got awesome results. But.. it wasn't just the steroid I took, it was the total package as I mentioned earlier. Theres also the issue of PCT, which is a MUST! So to wind it up I really don't think a one or two month run on steroids will be beneficial as far as gains of muscle and such, but theres no better time for you to dive in and get real with your health and get your body to where it can be at its best. Bro, I'm 44 yrs old and I'm in pretty good shape, the best I've ever been. Just think about it and see what others here say, ultimately its your choice, just be well informed about the whole thing.

Thread Information