Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JiGGaMaN is offline Banned

Aspirating... why?

Wont blood start flowing into the syringe if you are in a vein? Logically your blood pressure should start pumping blood into the syringe if you are in a vein. I say no more aspirating. It causes to much movement and i end up bruising the injection site more often. Im on week 3 of ed injects, no problems : )

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Wont blood start flowing into the syringe if you are in a vein? Logically your blood pressure should start pumping blood into the syringe if you are in a vein. I say no more aspirating. It causes to much movement and i end up bruising the injection site more often. Im on week 3 of ed injects, no problems : )

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Theoretically you are right about pressure letting blood into the needle. But I think it also depends on the angle of the needle as it goes into the vein. A junkie shooting dope into his arm will see the blood in the needle before aspirating, because of the angle its inserted. If you're going in at a 90 degree it may not go in and also depends on what part of the body you us. Just my opinion.,

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    If I go into a vein I usually get blood in the syringe before I aspirate , but I still do it everytime anyway just to be safe.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    iv had blood go into the syringe without aspirating, prob right about the pressure. ill always aspirate to be safe though.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    beat me too it

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^good timing

rock75 is offline Senior Member
    cause steroids going through your blood stream, through your heart = not good for life expectancy...

Darksyde is offline Member
    only shot ive ever got blood in the syringe was a glute shot, and i hardly started pulling on it to aspirate and the blood came into the syringe really easily. note that it didnt push itself into the syringe, i had applied a tiny bit of pressure.
    i think i will stick to aspirating.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    A) just have a steady hand.... end of story...
    B) aspirating is just a safeguard, dont do it if u dont wanna... u just dont wanna inject in a vein...
    C) logically, if you are in vein the pressure shouldn't be enough to push out the plunger in the syringe... yes the needle is a *hypoberic* needle (where it will suck up liquid) but the pressure doesnt do much...
    D) if u get in a artery, then the pressure should be greater, but also it would pulse when it starts to bleed...
    E) you shouldnt have any blood pressure in a vein anyways because it goes back to the heart by valves in the vein itself and muscle contractions, so if ur steady, you should be fine (back to A)

Nitro29 is offline Member
    Asperating weirds me out. I am newb and just manned up enough to really do it last injection. I think that was my 6th self injection. Seems kinda like an unnecessary step that I would just as soon skip, but I do see the benefits. Good discussion...Nitro

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    Just do it.

just do it

come on, do it.

it's safe.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    safety first. Dont think you wanna take a chance of shootin tren into your veins. that would be some bad fina cough.

VAgym is offline Junior Member

Safety

In my opinion it takes 2 seconds and adds another layer of protection. So why not.

stpete is offline Banned
    No!! Again, common sense. How could blood get into the syringe without your help? You best aspirate everytime man or here's what's going to happen: you shoot your sh## and about 1 minute later, if that, your calling 911 cause it's going through your bloodstream and to your heart. Don't be stupid man, aspirate everytime.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    No!! Again, common sense. How could blood get into the syringe without your help? You best aspirate everytime man or here's what's going to happen: you shoot your sh## and about 1 minute later, if that, your calling 911 cause it's going through your bloodstream and to your heart. Don't be stupid man, aspirate everytime.
    Have you never had a blood sample taken? It doesnt seem to me like they are pulling away to get the blood out. I know the equipment they use aids the blood flow into vials, but i would suspect the same thing would occur on a much smaller scale with a syringe.

Blog Entries
    but theres a pressure differential..... and ususallly taken from a artery

Stoneco|d is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VAgym View Post
    In my opinion it takes 2 seconds and adds another layer of protection. So why not.
    ^^^^

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    trust me you dont want to take the chance of injecting into a vein. it hurts like a mofo. asperating is just a safe guard and is well worth the whole 1 second it takes to do it.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    the reason you have to aspirate the syringe is cause actual red blood cells get clogged and wont let the blood flow. when you give blood they draw with an 18g needle so as not to harm the rbc's. and trust me u dont want test flowing into your heart or lungs i got a major coughing fit similar to the tren cough one time while injecting test. i had a 25g pin and was struggling to push therefore moving alot and i assume i must have nicked a vein.

stpete is offline Banned
    Have you never had a blood sample taken? It doesnt seem to me like they are pulling away to get the blood out. I know the equipment they use aids the blood flow into vials, but i would suspect the same thing would occur on a much smaller scale with a syringe.
    Why are you afraid of aspirating?

widescreen is offline Junior Member
    Wouldn't you feel it if you hit something on the way in, or does that only apply when dealing with nerves?

I'm on my first cycle, and am switching left/right glutes only. When I pull the needle out, I usually get some blood coming out of the injection site. I can't reach all the way around with my other arm, so maybe it's partially because im not tightening up the site before going in. Does the blood mean I'm hitting a vein? I'm never in any pain.

I asked a nurse friend of mine, and she said that when she first started out they were taught to aspirate , but they are now starting to teach that aspirating isn't necessary. I didn't tell her I was referering to AAS, so maybe it's a different game?

I have never saw a nurse aspirate when they give me an intramuscular shot.

Blog Entries
    thats cause most of the time they arent injecting a oil based liquid.... if its a water based, it doesnt matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    thats cause most of the time they arent injecting a oil based liquid.... if its a water based, it doesnt matter...
    and they do it so often that most times u dont even notice when they aspirate .

PingPang is offline Associate Member
    have never had blood force its way up into a needle...think about how hard you pull on the plunger to suck up the oil...you think your blood's pressure is that strong?

antscott is offline New Member
    i didnt my first few shots but i was stupid back then, bit more sense now and wudnt do a shot without doing it!

slvrwrx is offline Associate Member
    when nurses draw blood the vials they use act like a vaccum hence why the blood flows up so easy. and most shots they give are water based and mostly pain meds

what difference would this make

i was taught in nursing school to aspirate whether it be oil based or water based. but i went to school almost 5 yrs ago and i dont know as someone said earlier if they still teach aspiration. something i will look into when my facility has a graduate nurse on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2 View Post
    i was taught in nursing school to aspirate whether it be oil based or water based. but i went to school almost 5 yrs ago and i dont know as someone said earlier if they still teach aspiration. something i will look into when my facility has a graduate nurse on the floor.
    trust me they are still teaching it to this day..............

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    what difference would this make
    water-based liquid are much more dissolvable in teh blood stream and the plasma, than a oil based substance....

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i do it and its no prob except delts are hard to reach and pull the plunger with onehand real steady

water-based liquid are much more dissolvable in teh blood stream and the plasma, than a oil based substance....
    so you are saying you would not aspirate for this reason? the statement still makes no sense. it doesnt matter whether it is water or oil based you still need to aspirate. so i guess i just dont see the point you are trying to make.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by illwillogical View Post
    I have never saw a nurse aspirate when they give me an intramuscular shot.
    LEX>.. this is the post i was responding to...

and btw most test is in a oil solution, so yes u need to aspirate ...

my opinion to the thread maker is on post 10

3dgamer is offline Junior Member
    I shot eod for 7 weeks-
    I aspirated one time and bruised as a result.
    The rest I planted in the quads- no aspiration and no problems.

Thats my 2 bits

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPang View Post
    have never had blood force its way up into a needle...think about how hard you pull on the plunger to suck up the oil...you think your blood's pressure is that strong?
    EXACTLY. There's no freakin way that i can put a needle in my ass or quad or anywhere and blood forces itself in there. Never in 12 years. Try it. Hell....I'm about to inject right now and sit here with it in my leg just to see. I really am for the sake injection info. I'll get back in a minute. This should be fun.....hahaha

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You will not die if you hit a vein with a shot unless you shoot over a CC of air with it.

You shoot IM so that there is a slow and steady release of a drug. The muscle acts as a depot for the drug to prolong its release and to keep the drug at a constant level in the blood. If you hit a vein all that drug goes into the circulation and has a high serum concentration for a short period of time relative to an IM depot. With some drugs a huge spike into the blood can be dangerous. These are usually drugs that alter metabolism rapidly.

Lastly if you hit a vein as apposed to an artery. The venous pressure is only about 20 % of what it was after it left the heart by the time it gets back to the heart. If your in a vein it really depends on were it is at and like Lemonade8 said if the muscle is contracted to whether it will shoot into the needle without aspirating.

Really there is no reason not to aspirate , and chances are if your in a vein anyway and do not aspirate you will still bruise.

playboii is offline Senior Member
    lol@ why aspirate ?...he can't be serious

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by playboii View Post
    lol@ why aspirate?...he can't be serious
    I agree, but we all have to respond like he is so that some newb doesnt stumble onto this bear trap of a thread and start injecting himself improperly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information