Michael Scott is offline Associate Member

Minutes away from my first injection, need help ASAP (needles)

when researching how to do injections I read that you're supposed to replace then needle after drawing from the vial before you inject, I was under the impression that needles and syringes come seperately and you can take off the needle. But the syringes and needles I got now come combined together. So after I draw the liquid from the vial, what should I do ? How can I replace the needle if everything I have is attached to a syringe. Should I just use the same one, or is there a way to transfer it to a new syringe ?

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    The needle should screw right off of the syringe. Just put the plastic sleeve back on the needle and turn it counterclockwise. When you put the new one on, make sure you only touch the plastic sleeve to keep it sterile.

g0dsend is offline Member
    You "could" use the same needle, but I would rather be on the safe side if I were you and replace the needle. What brand of needles do you got?

If I were you I would goto the nearest Walgreens now and ask for some syringes their, tell them its for B12 injecting.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    did u buy the right pins i only know diabetic pins are all one piece and those would be the wrong pins anyway.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2 View Post
    did u buy the right pins i only know diabetic pins are all one piece and those would be the wrong pins anyway.
    I bought some 23g 1'

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
    I bought some 23g 1'
    if they dont come off then just do it but stay as sterile as possible with the pin. it also hurts a little more cause that clean point is gone once u go thru the vial.

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2 View Post
    if they dont come off then just do it but stay as sterile as possible with the pin. it also hurts a little more cause that clean point is gone once u go thru the vial.
    Very true. I had this problem today, but I had to change the needle otherwise I would've had to hammer it in, literally.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Since I'm impatient, I always buy extra 18g needles to draw with. Also, keeps the original needle nice and sharp!

I just got finished, completely painless. The only problem I had was withdrawing and drawing the liquid. I could hardly push it out of the needle into me or get it out of the vial.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I just got finished, completely painless. The only problem I had was withdrawing and drawing the liquid. I could hardly push it out of the needle into me or get it out of the vial.

congrats bro!!! Welcome to the DARK SIDE..... :_

TheArtist is offline Member
    i've never changed needles after drawing from a vial EVER... guess i'm a tough guy

Darksyde is offline Member
    badass.

cutting_king is offline Associate Member
    Before you draw the liquid from the vial inject the same amount of air into the vial to equalise the vacuum. also you can warm the gear up slightly to help it draw easier or use a larger needle

Welcome to the dark side

King

Quote Originally Posted by BUYLONGTERM View Post
    Since I'm impatient, I always buy extra 18g needles to draw with. Also, keeps the original needle nice and sharp!
    i used to do that too but it started tearin up the rubber stopper doin ed shots. i had small rubber particles in the bottom of the vial but i used the shit anyway and i lived to tell about it!

thanks for the warm welcome into the dark side. I did inject 2cc of air into the vial before drawing, I still had trouble getting the oil in the needle, as well as pushing it out into the muscle. I don't know maybe I could try not pushing air into it, or is 23g too small of a needle to draw from, should I use a 21 or 22 ?

edit: when you inject the air into the vial, do you inject it while the needle is in the oil or out of the oil ?
    Last edited by Michael Scott; 06-30-2008 at 08:42 PM.

^^you pull in air before you put the needle into the vial to draw the liquid. That way you can push the air in the syringe into the vial and you won't have the vacuum effect that occurrs when you try drawing the liquid with no air.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist View Post
    i've never changed needles after drawing from a vial EVER... guess i'm a tough guy

Right on.......I do the same thing and I am a female!!

Thread Information